On to the draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

On to the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How did Bill Russell and Rodman become Legends?How much offense did Ben Wallace provide.Was Glory Johnson ,Appel and Peters drafted for offensive proficiency?How much offense will E.Williams provide?With the right team Kiah will become the "Bill Russell" of the WNBA.Plus,she does have a offensive game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sorry, I don't see Jude making a WNBA roster. I think she can play in Europe somewhere, though.

Shoni is much better and she's a bench player in Atlanta.

HuskyPup

Dislikes Notur-Daim
Reaction Score
How did Bill Russell and Rodman become Legends?How much offense did Ben Wallace provide.Was Glory Johnson ,Appel and Peters drafted for offensive proficiency?How much offense will E.Williams provide?With the right team Kiah will become the "Bill Russell" of the WNBA.Plus,she does have a offensive game.

great point willie...I really think the issue is not that Kiah cant score, one of the the issues is that Kiah was never looked at to score. How many times during her career did we see Kiah wide open and never received the ball. I would like to know the percentage of times she got the ball in a position to score but chose not to. I think she was gun shy due to being constantly in Geno's dog house and never wanting to do anything that would cause Geno to yank her like if she missed. You guys remember the ill advised shot she took early in the shot clock late in the Stanford game.? I'm sure she regretted taking that shot. Kiah as we all remember was on a very short lease her entire career. It's no secret that Kiah has the skills to score...but for whatever reason she did not go at people offensively like say Morgan does. Geno has admitted that he couldn't figure Kiah out. Do you guys really thing that if Kiah was on any other team in the nation that she wouldn't easily average a double double?...case in point when Machala Johnson (sp?) transferred to Wisconsin she lit up the stat sheet. Machala barely touched the floor when she was at UConn. I think Kiah will surprise a lot of folks at the next level. Whoever takes her will be in for a nice surprise. Kiah needs a fresh start with a coach that has a different motivational approach......The steal of the draft IMO. Good Luck Kiah . We're pulling for you!

Reaction Score
MilfordHusky said:
Sorry, I don't see Jude making a WNBA roster. I think she can play in Europe somewhere, though. Shoni is much better and she's a bench player in Atlanta.
I would like to see Jude get drafted, but I think you're right about that.
Shoni would probably get more minutes if she was the backup point instead of the third option. Last year Dumerc started and Thomas was the backup.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I don't see Jude making a WNBA roster. I think she can play in Europe somewhere, though.

Shoni is much better and she's a bench player in Atlanta.
It'd be business move for the Storm. They'd sell way more seats for home games. Sell a lot of Schimmel jerseys. A international audience would tune in on their games as well as subscribe to the online streaming on WNBA.com to watch her play. Native people in Canada consider her one of them as well as the U.S. Native people. The "Off The Rez" documentary got a huge audience. I hope the Schimmel phenomenon continues.

She wouldn't have to start but be a bench player and learn from Sue Bird. They probably won't even have to use a draft pick to get her.

Shoni will be a starter for the Dream if not one for another team in the future. She just needs to improve on her defense (where have we heard that before).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom