Omar Comin' | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Omar Comin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes! Yes I did, and I was on the back end of a long trek back from Accra Ghana (Amida was on my flight out there btw) But I stand by my comments. I want Omar to come back and play so well and with a chip on his shoulder that D-Ham has to wait his turn.

I hope he comes back with a year which resembles his frosh year too and even better. But having said that he's NOT DHam in any way or form, not potentially. For us to be real good Hamilton needs to be our 6'7 wing who can shoot, handle, pass, defend, rebound and create……..Omar can shoot, we saw that. He was not a good passer or ball handler as a frosh, we know that. His limitations make him a prime candidate for a energy guy off the bench. So if he's starting we're not as good as we can be it really is that simple. Love the kid and his loyalty and he may very well start but that only means Danny is not living up to his potential. My point here is not hammer on Omar as he's a great kid, just be real about the 2 and their abilities and what they will eventually mean to the team.

Did you have UCONN gear on and speak to AB?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I hope he comes back with a year which resembles his frosh year too and even better. But having said that he's NOT DHam in any way or form, not potentially. For us to be real good Hamilton needs to be our 6'7 wing who can shoot, handle, pass, defend, rebound and create……..Omar can shoot, we saw that. He was not a good passer or ball handler as a frosh, we know that. His limitations make him a prime candidate for a energy guy off the bench. So if he's starting we're not as good as we can be it really is that simple. Love the kid and his loyalty and he may very well start but that only means Danny is not living up to his potential. My point here is not hammer on Omar as he's a great kid, just be real about the 2 and their abilities and what they will eventually mean to the team.

Did you have UCONN gear on and speak to AB?

Fair Enough, I don't know much about Hamilton other than he and Omar were similarly ranked out of HS. Guess we're in good shape either way.

I had my 2011 final four road trip shirt on, asked him how the shoulder was and wished him luck next year. Soft spoken kid, not like his finger wagging on court personality :).

Reaction Score
Fair Enough, I don't know much about Hamilton other than he and Omar were similarly ranked out of HS. Guess we're in good shape either way.

I had my 2011 final four road trip shirt on, asked him how the shoulder was and wished him luck next year. Soft spoken kid, not like his finger wagging on court personality :).

If you're seat was next to him and you began to sit down and looked up at him waving his finger and nodding his head, you may have been blocked from that seat……

Cool stuff OFP thanks for sharing……..

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
The dual surgeries Omar had are not trivial to recover from and thus he did not have enough time to really get his legs ready (straight ahead strength comes back quickly, but lateral movement, deed squatting, jumping come along much more slowly - speaking from experience with this specific type of procedure). Assuming he didn't have cartilage damage from the underlying condition, I would suspect he is back extremely close to 100% by now. People forget his defense and his string of 5+ rebound games prior to going down with the hand/wrist injury.

Assuming they didn't need to have micro fracture to stimulate cartilage growth, I am confident that his movement will be back to what it was before but without the pain.
Good points EOS ( I was EOS class of 81 btw) but one point...microfracture surgery is used for knees, not hips. If the arthritis is into the hip joint, the options are live with it, hip resurfacing or hip replacement. HH MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom