Omar Calhoun and Phil Nolan arrive on campus | The Boneyard

Omar Calhoun and Phil Nolan arrive on campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Omar Calhoun: 'I Was With UConn at Beginning, I'm Going to End Up With Them, Too'

"I considered different things like that, a lot of things that had pro's and con's that I was looking at," he admitted. "But we have a family here at Connecticut, and you can't leave your family. That's the way I thought about it. I was with them at the beginning, I'm going to end up with them, too."
Man-I really respect this kid, reminds me of Ray Allen in the things he says. I hope he kicks ass and becomes a top ten pick one day.

Reaction Score
For a top ranked high school player to show this kind of loyalty is unprecedented. We are extremely lucky as UConn fans to have this kind of high character kid in our program. I'm gonna be pulling really hard for him

Reaction Score
For a top ranked high school player to show this kind of loyalty is unprecedented. We are extremely lucky as UConn fans to have this kind of high character kid in our program. I'm gonna be pulling really hard for him

I hope they help out with Calhoun's basketball camp too, since I just dropped off my son. I wouldn't mind if Omar taught him a thing to two about commitment.

Reaction Score
I respect both of them. Both came here to learn, and I don't think that you can find a better all around staff for that purpose. This is going to be an interesting year to say the least!

Reaction Score
We can't win another NCC next season but we'll be ok.

Reaction Score
Omar flat out continues to impress the heck out out of me with his maturity. I wish we had 12 more of him. It's too bad Bradley left. He too was a high character kid.

OC is going to be an easy kid to root for. Again, welcome to the family, though I guess according to him he's been part of it for quite some time.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Omar flat out continues to impress the heck out out of me with his maturity. I wish we had 12 more of him. It's too bad Bradley left. He too was a high character kid.

OC is going to be an easy kid to root for. Again, welcome to the family, though I guess according to him he's been part of it for quite some time.
Agreed. Great high character kid. hopefully the team chemistry should be great the next few years. Also, as a side note, Omar's sister is a top 10 recruit from 2014. On the girls side, she's said to be a big UCONN lean and i know the fans there are all hoping she follows her brother to Storrs...

Reaction Score
I have seen him play only two games and he was schooled. Big time.

I hope I am wrong.
On the game you saw, Omar had just let his team to a 3 game championship vs top competetion in MO. The finale of that tourney was televised and Omar dominated.
His team then flew to Springfield MA to play a CA team on TV the next day. Omar wasn't exactly schooled, but his team had little left and lost by a good margin.

Reaction Score
No need to be rational with Bill. No matter what he has said in the past he is a troll- a dedicated one at that to hang around this long. My guess he is an under sexed FSU fan (and that is hard to at FSU).

caw

Reaction Score
On the game you saw, Omar had just let his team to a 3 game championship vs top competetion in MO. The finale of that tourney was televised and Omar dominated.
His team then flew to Springfield MA to play a CA team on TV the next day. Omar wasn't exactly schooled, but his team had little left and lost by a good margin.

Was the CA team the team with Reinhardt (sp?), that kid was just dropping threes from all over that game, they dominated Calhoun's team. If anything Calhoun looked like the only one capable of playing with the CA team (IMO).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Okay, I'm going to admit it. I'm already getting psyched for the season. Omar Calhoun gives us another guard so that we can run a high octane game. Obviously Evans does the same and adds maturity. No post season? No problem. I'll give it up to have a tight knit group that wants to be here. If we don't get a chance to go the post season, look out out for us next year. We are going to be a focused tight knit group with a lot to prove. We aren't even practicing yet and quotes like this already makes me love these guys.

Reaction Score
The truly amazing thing about that article is the last bit which explains how our apr is hurt by the ncaa's denial of Bradley's waiver.

Basically, we lose apr points because of one of two things, either because the NCAA imposed retroactive sanctions which caused players like Bradley to leave, thus hurting our apr. Or the NCAA has denied a kid a legitimate waiver to be near his ill grandmother, and charged it to our apr.

Either way is ridiculous, and completely representative of this terribly designed gauge that is the apr. This used to make me mad. Now I'm just amazed at its sadness

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Which 2 games are you referring to?
TB is a troll. Tell them to F off- but do not feed them or they will stick around forever. TB has been here too long as it is- just some helpful advice.

Reaction Score
TB is a troll. Tell them to F off- but do not feed them or they will stick around forever. TB has been here too long as it is- just some helpful advice.
I know what he is. I think his idiocy is hillarious.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Dont feed the trolls (STB).

Gonna be rooting hard for Calhoun to do well here. Very impressed with his maturity. Sounds like a well-spoken kid with a good head on his shoulders. How lucky we are to have Omar as a part of the UConn family (love that he said that).

In 2 years (JCs last year most likely), if Boat (Jr) and Bazz (Sr) don't make an NBA leap, with Omar (soph) and probably a few other Freshmen studs we will have the best backcourt in the nation, without question. Boat/Bazz/Omar will have been playing for a year and will be highly motivated by the post-season ban. We just gotta add some bigs.

Looking forward to the future despite all the negativity around the program lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom