Olt for Chamberlain Rumor | The Boneyard

Olt for Chamberlain Rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This has been playing out in the NY media for about a week and a half ever since Texas Scouts sat in the stands to presumably watch Joba pitch. It may have some legs because Joba becomes a free agent at the end of this year, he's been asking to go back to the starting rotation (I don't know how serious this is), and the Yanks have a plethora of set up men- Joba, Robertson, Aardsma, and in the minors Montgomery. For some reason, the NY writers believe that Olt is expendable with the Rangers.I realize that he only hit .152 last year, but that was in a very limited role (16 games), and that he is struggling this spring ( .194). He does have a couple of homers, though.
I would love to see this trade, if it is even a possibility. That might shore up the problem at third, and have Youk at first base where he's better defensively. It would also give the Yankees some pop in their line-up. And heck, Mike is only 24. And a Huskie!

Reaction Score
This has been playing out in the NY media for about a week and a half ever since Texas Scouts sat in the stands to presumably watch Joba pitch. It may have some legs because Joba becomes a free agent at the end of this year, he's been asking to go back to the starting rotation (I don't know how serious this is), and the Yanks have a plethora of set up men- Joba, Robertson, Aardsma, and in the minors Montgomery. For some reason, the NY writers believe that Olt is expendable with the Rangers.I realize that he only hit .152 last year, but that was in a very limited role (16 games), and that he is struggling this spring ( .194). He does have a couple of homers, though.
I would love to see this trade, if it is even a possibility. That might shore up the problem at third, and have Youk at first base where he's better defensively. It would also give the Yankees some pop in their line-up. And heck, Mike is only 24. And a Huskie!
As a Yankee fan, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But I don't understand why the Rangers would do this.

Reaction Score
As a Yankee fan, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But I don't understand why the Rangers would do this.

I'm not sure either. I know that they are going through a transition in the front office, and that there are rumors that Ryan may be on his way out. I was surprised by this when I first read it, but really nothing would shock me. There's a blog from ESPN NY from the 17th.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I can't believe that trading Olt is a move even remotely on the Rangers' radar.

Reaction Score
I can't believe this is the best offensive player the Yanks can get (not necessarily for Joba of course)? Gonna be painful...........

Reaction Score
Well as you probably know, Olt was sent down to Triple A yesterday. He said all the right things but the Rangers are trying to get him time in right field which will be his third position (third, first base). I don't know what is going on there, but a demotion is a demotion no matter how it is looked at. Let's get him in a Yankee uniform!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Olt was sent down because he is 24 years old and has exactly 18 months of professional baseball experience.

He is blocked by Adrian Beltre, Mitch Moreland, and Nelson Cruz and is one of the Rangers' top prospects. He doesn't develop his skill sets further by riding the pine in Arlington.

Reaction Score
Here's an update from a Yankee Blog. Seems like the Rangers talked to the D'Backs about trading Olt earlier this year. I really don't know what's going on here. Maybe they're serious about dealing him to the Yanks.

http://itsaboutthemoney.net/

Husky25

Reaction Score
Here's an update from a Yankee Blog. Seems like the Rangers talked to the D'Backs about trading Olt earlier this year. I really don't know what's going on here. Maybe they're serious about dealing him to the Yanks.

http://itsaboutthemoney.net/
My guess then is moreland. He is major league ready and that's what the yankees need. Olt is at least a half season away. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
Wow that would be a very lopsided trade. I know a number of teams inquired about Olt last year near the trade deadline and were firmly rebuffed...

Reaction Score
Joba's days as Mo's successor have come and gone. He's still got +physical ability, but his mental make-up/concentration raises lots of questions. He probably didn't help his cause by bringing up the "I'd like to be a starter" thing again this spring.

Reaction Score
So texas would trade a top 40 prospect for a washed up, head case? Funny stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom