Ollie | The Boneyard

Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let me start off by saying he coached an excellent game.

But I can't understand for the life of me what he had going on at the end there. First off all, why was Evans in the game there? He can't shoot, he can't dribble, and he is an average passer. Not exactly Usain Bolt either. Why wasn't Giffey in? More big game experience, better shooter, bigger and taller, better defender. If we had scored and had to get right back on D I'd rather have Giffey in there.

Now if you do want Evans in there, why was he inbounding? He should have been the guy going into the backcourt if the play failed, which it did. And why didn't Boat go into the backcourt? Are the two shortest players supposed to see each other through all the trees?

Thirdly, what the hell kind of wounded duck pass was that RJ?

Bad personnel decision made by Ollie IMO, bad execution at the end as well. The latter isn't on him however.

Reaction Score
Let me start off by saying he coached an excellent game.

But I can't understand for the life of me what he had going on at the end there. First off all, why was Evans in the game there? He can't shoot, he can't dribble, and he is an average passer. Not exactly Usain Bolt either. Why wasn't Giffey in? More big game experience, better shooter, bigger and taller, better defender. If we had scored and had to get right back on D I'd rather have Giffey in there.

Now if you do want Evans in there, why was he inbounding? He should have been the guy going into the backcourt if the play failed, which it did. And why didn't Boat go into the backcourt? Are the two shortest players supposed to see each other through all the trees?

Thirdly, what the hell kind of wounded duck pass was that RJ?

Bad personnel decision made by Ollie IMO, bad execution at the end as well. The latter isn't on him however.

He needed two ball handlers n there to run the offense, so that's a pretty simple answer to your question.

Second, RJs pass was tipped. That too is on RJ but it explains why the duck was wounded.

Reaction Score
He needed two ball handlers n there to run the offense, so that's a pretty simple answer to your question.

Second, RJs pass was tipped. That too is on RJ but it explains why the duck was wounded.
Not for 15 seconds. Whether RJ is in there or not the most likely scenario would have been Boat dribbling until he decided to go.

Reaction Score
" Why wasn't Giffey in?"

He's getting X-Rays on his finger..injured during the game

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Ollie coached a hell of a game without its leader. What pisses me off is that he's constantly getting pushed around by the officials. The nice guy routine is great with kids, their families, and the media... but on the court he needs to defend his team with some more intensity.

Reaction Score
NG was hurt. OC doesn't have good handle, Boat was exhausted. Who did you want in?

Do agree about Evans inbounding I would have chosen DD for his height being under the basket. I guess Evans being the grad student Coach thought he would do the smart thing. Didn't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom