Ollie needs to ride the refs about over the back fouls | The Boneyard

Ollie needs to ride the refs about over the back fouls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is one way he can help our rebounding. Calhoun was brilliant at this kind of things.

Teams are going to attack the boards against us. They know rebounding is a trouble spot for the Huskies and they will look to exploit it. Even Fordham attacked the glass. There were incidents where Fordham players just moved UConn players under the basket or shoved UConn players out of the way.

Ollie has to make this a point of emphasis for the refs. He has to forcefully call it out every time it happens. Ollie may not intimidate the refs like JC. But he should make sure his players are not put at a disadvantage. He needs to complain loudly, early and often.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don't think that's Ollie's job. That's more of the players fault for not being aggressive down low, blocking out properly.

Reaction Score
Maybe not his way and that's okay although I agree with your point and it made a difference with JC. But being a rookie and not having the NCAA tourney on the line, making friends this year may be to his advantage in future years with the striped guys.......

Also they get pushed because they are not boxing out and have weak bases, if they are working for position harder and get moved it is more obvious when moved or someone goes over your back. For now it's on our bigs to do a better job period.

Reaction Score
I don't think that's Ollie's job. That's more of the players fault for not being aggressive down low, blocking out properly.
It was Calhoun's job, it was Bobby Knight's job. Why isn't it Ollie's?

I'm not saying this is the solution to our rebounding problem. I'm saying this is one thing that Ollie can do.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It was Calhoun's job, it was Bobby Knight's job. Why isn't it Ollie's?

I'm not saying this is the solution to our rebounding problem. I'm saying this is one thing that Ollie can do.

He can try to con the refs, but the bottom line is we can't rebound. At all. I think a 4 year old with no arms can box out better than Olander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom