Olander, At Pro-Am, Shows An Assertive Side | The Boneyard

Olander, At Pro-Am, Shows An Assertive Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The cupcake killer, and his brother, both need to work on their upper body. Neither guy has a discernible muscle cut in his arms, and, with a combined 6 years of college ball between them, they ought to, particularly given that they are not gifted athletes.

Reaction Score
Muscle cut? He's plenty strong to be a good basketball player......he needs to get better laterally on defense, box out at all times and think the game better than his opponent and he'll be fine. How was that muscle definition working for Alex? Overrated..........

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The cupcake killer, and his brother, both need to work on their upper body. Neither guy has a discernible muscle cut in his arms, and, with a combined 6 years of college ball between them, they ought to, particularly given that they are not gifted athletes.

Blah, blah, blah. TO is a local kid who has made good. He works hard and has over achieved. What's the point in calling him names?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
if olander can get angry and mean on the court, i think hell do really well

Reaction Score
Blah, blah, blah. TO is a local kid who has made good. He works hard and has over achieved. What's the point in calling him names?
He's overachieved? Why is that? Why did you so insultingly assume that the kid's ceiling was lower than it is at now? Calling him the Cupcake Killer describes his last season perfectly. But it does not, as you have, insult him by insinuating that he had physical/mental limitations coming in.
Olander doesn't have the quickness to be more than a big body down low who fights for rebounds using his mass. In line with that, I would have liked to see him putting on more mass. He's got smooth arms and shoulders. If you want to be a gamer and you lack natural athleticism, one means to compensate is to muscle up.

Reaction Score
Olander will obviously be a 4 year player. Its important that over the next year he improves his game so he can be a main contributor and not just a role player for his SR year when we are eligible for the tournament again. He will get a lot of playing time this year so i think that will help him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He's overachieved? Why is that? Why did you so insultingly assume that the kid's ceiling was lower than it is at now? Calling him the Cupcake Killer describes his last season perfectly. But it does not, as you have, insult him by insinuating that he had physical/mental limitations coming in.
Olander doesn't have the quickness to be more than a big body down low who fights for rebounds using his mass. In line with that, I would have liked to see him putting on more mass. He's got smooth arms and shoulders. If you want to be a gamer and you lack natural athleticism, one means to compensate is to muscle up.

Yawn.
A pretty tortured reply. Maybe you should see if your high school has a debate class for rising sophmores. It might help.

Reaction Score
Doesn't have a muscle cut in his arms? That's his build , are you really trying to say that Olander doesn't work out and work hard at his craft?

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
+1
IIRC he also has a national championship so how about cutting him a break

Reaction Score
I think what he is saying is he prefers a man with nice biceps
If he gets a nice tan, it will show his muscle definition a bit more as well ...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good for Tyler. He's an easy kid to root for and I hope he is as successful as his talent and desire can make him.

Reaction Score

First, muscle size is not the best indicator of muscle strength. He clearly does not have full muscle bellies, but that doesn't mean he's not strong. It just means he has bad genetics when it comes to aesthetics. Many black people have full and round muscle bellies, so there is a correlation between successful basketball players and the appearance of large aesthetically pleasing arms. However, the arm size and appearance don't make a good basketball player. The correlation is that most great basketball players are black and not that big arms make you a great basketball player. Second, the arm strength and size of a basketball player is not nearly as important as his leg, hip, and core strength. Jumping, running, boxing out, and defending in the post all rely almost exclusively on lower body strength. You don't need big arms to shoot a basketball that weighs a few pounds. I'm glad Olander has small arms because that means most of his muscle and weight are in his lower body where it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom