9. Tennessee
10. Vanderbilt

11. Texas AM
12. Kentucky
13. Florida

14. Arkansas
15. Mizzou
16. Georgia

I'm not entirely sure about the roster shakeup but my general sense is something like this.

Any thoughts?
The top three seems spot on. The rest is pretty open for debate. I might bump Kentucky up a notch or two. But overall, it looks good.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Fat fingers on a cell phone. Was supposed to be 30. Not 40. Thanks

Ok. Was thinking u switched it up to Softball for a second.

In 2005-2006. Maryland had 34 wins. Chapel Hill had 33. Duke had 31

Reaction Score
I'm giddy about getting to see the Carolina vs Texas matchups in years to come.

I'm also hoping to see Tennessee back in the top 5 in the conference. It's such a shame that the house that Pat built is now middle of the road SEC.

Reaction Score
Hoping that Texas, SCar, and LSU play a lot of games with each other in the schedule reveal but I am not holding my breath.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Hoping that Texas, SCar, and LSU play a lot of games with each other in the schedule reveal but I am not holding my breath.

Believe it was decided months ago that each team would play everyone once, and only one team twice (home and away). So, I expect Texas to get either A&M or OU twice.

For the other games, it will be important who you draw at home or away. I expect LSU to go to South Carolina based on last year's game being played in Baton Rouge. And, Tennessee to go to LSU based on last year's game being played in Knoxville.

So, that could mean South Carolina plays at Texas. And, Texas plays at Tennessee and/or LSU.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is this for real. Umich vs SC to start the season.

giphy.gif

$CAR might a well stay home and play Wofford or SCAR-Upstate.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Love the Texas-South Carolina double play. Good job by the SEC.

I think the fans love it just for the sake of seeing projected highly ranked teams battle twice, especially those wanting to attend the game(s) in person. Not sure the head coaches who are battling for a conference championship love it, knowing that every win/loss matters in the conference standings. Will be interesting to see if this strategy used by the schedule-makers for this coming season will be the same for future seasons.

Reaction Score
I think the fans love it just for the sake of seeing projected highly ranked teams battle twice, especially those wanting to attend the game(s) in person. Not sure the head coaches who are battling for a conference championship love it, knowing that every win/loss matters in the conference standings. Will be interesting to see if this strategy used by the schedule-makers for this coming season will be the same for future seasons.
What was the Longhorn Attendance like this past year? I have little doubt we will sell out for Texas in Columbia.

Reaction Score

No downside to it.

Dawn lives for these matchups. Not sure Vic ever did -- at least at Miss State.

Reaction Score
What was the Longhorn Attendance like this past year? I have little doubt we will sell out for Texas in Columbia.
You can go ahead and guarantee that. LSU maybe too, though it won't have quite the current it did last season.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Well, Texas had a dreadful non-conference home schedule last season with the exception of UConn; attendance for that game was 10,763. In the 2 seasons playing in the new Moody Center, the upper level has not been opened for any home games; perhaps that changes this coming season to raise capacity for games against SC, LSU, and Tennessee to 15,000.

Reaction Score
Well, Texas had a dreadful non-conference home schedule last season with the exception of UConn; attendance for that game was 10,763. In the 2 seasons playing in the new Moody Center, the upper level has not been opened for any home games; perhaps that changes this coming season to raise capacity for games against SC, LSU, and Tennessee to 15,000.
They will want to and Welcome to the SEC by the way. SEC schools travel well. I have been to basketball, football and baseball venues where the opposing SEC team's fans takeover a venue. Bama in football can absolutely take over a stadium if the home fans don't buy the tickets. Same with Kentucky basketball. I was at a Tennessee game in Knoxville where Thompson Boiling seats 24 thousand. At that game I bet there were atleast 15 thousand UK fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom