Ohhhh Canadaaa | The Boneyard

Ohhhh Canadaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly just saw that and was fixing it ha. I'll have to check em out... Either way I have gained a huge feeling of hatred for Memphis so nice result

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Grantland always impresses.. Good article, cant imagine the difficulties to create this program and then to be successful with it. Also interesting how he will drop and promote players day by day depending on their shooting...

Reaction Score
Honestly just saw that and was fixing it ha. I'll have to check em out... Either way I have gained a huge feeling of hatred for Memphis so nice result
With UConn's situation in the AAC, we're stuck there for a while, I'm not sure why you would want to root against Memphis. For the AAC to have relevancy we're going to need them to be good.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
With UConn's situation in the AAC, we're stuck there for a while, I'm not sure why you would want to root against Memphis. For the AAC to have relevancy we're going to need them to be good.

Sorry but honestly I will never hope for success of another program (even with the AAC needing stonger opponents). That is how sports works. My support for Memphis wont do that for them, they'll continue to be a solid program even if I hope for their failure. Last year Memphis was running their mouth pregame and then UCONN swept em. The last game we smoked them and I dont know about you but I wasnt going to hope for a close game there just so we could say Memphis is a strong opponent.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddLSs

Nice to see the tigers get smacked around.... It says Indiana was able to grab a victory though. I think we take em down... Only good thing out of Canada- denham

Indiana beat Carleton and lost to Ottawa...Memphis beat Ottawa and McGill, lost to Carleton.

Carleton beat Wisconsin last season, they went on to a Final Four.

We also picked up a Vandy transfer today who can play immediately.
http://csnbbs.com/thread-699188.html

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score

It's cool, we love and need our haters...

Like Kat Williams says: "wtf do you think a hater's job is?! If you got 14 hating on you, you need to figure out how to get to 16 before the summer gets here!"

Moreover, don't tell anyone, but these games don't count...we have a secret scrimmage with St Louis coming up...feel free to root against us :)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I don't see a reason to be overly nice to Memphis. Memphis is one of the few teams in the conference now (Cincy and SMU) that can give us a run for our money talent-wise. It's safe to say that even though we swept them last year, playing Memphis generally means a lower likelihood of winning than USF, UCF, ECU etc. And I don't like losing.

However, even though we will never be "allies" or "buddies", there's a difference between not liking the program and putting them down vocally. The better Memphis's image looks, the better it reflects on us being in their conference as well. Cracking jokes about their academic standards and such does not help UCONN. I don't think many of us will ever openly "root" for Memphis, but there's a way to dislike them without it negatively affecting our program.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I don't see a reason to be overly nice to Memphis. Memphis is one of the few teams in the conference now (Cincy and SMU) that can give us a run for our money talent-wise. It's safe to say that even though we swept them last year, playing Memphis generally means a lower likelihood of winning than USF, UCF, ECU etc. And I don't like losing.

However, even though we will never be "allies" or "buddies", there's a difference between not liking the program and putting them down vocally. The better Memphis's image looks, the better it reflects on us being in their conference as well. Cracking jokes about their academic standards and such does not help UCONN. I don't think many of us will ever openly "root" for Memphis, but there's a way to dislike them without it negatively affecting our program.

I always cheer for my conference brothers as long as they aren't playing us...that's just how I am.

Reaction Score
Seriously, the fact that UK, UT, and now Husky fans are laughing at this is just baffling. We went up there with 8 scholarship players and Austin Nichols didn't even play due to ankle injury. We didn't even have Godfrey, Johnson, and Burrell with us. Two of those three are likely our starters at the PG and SG in Johnson and Burrell. It was a learning trip for our young guards who haven't played an ounce of D1 ball against a team with 5th year players who has won 10/13 Canadian championships. They also beaten a good bit of D1 teams like Wisconsin who actually wasn't as green as us.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Seriously, the fact that UK, UT, and now Husky fans are laughing at this is just baffling. We went up there with 8 scholarship players and Austin Nichols didn't even play due to ankle injury. We didn't even have Godfrey, Johnson, and Burrell with us. Two of those three are likely our starters at the PG and SG in Johnson and Burrell. It was a learning trip for our young guards who haven't played an ounce of D1 ball against a team with 5th year players who has won 10/13 Canadian championships. They also beaten a good bit of D1 teams like Wisconsin who actually wasn't as green as us.

As long as our young kids learned something, and gained a chance to come together as a team...I don't care about the Ws or Ls, because they don't count.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
I always cheer for my conference brothers as long as they aren't playing us...that's just how I am.
I see both sides of this. But you wont see me posting this if it was a USF or a UCF etc. Memphis is one of the few legitimate competitive schools in the AAC so I am going to get some joy out of seeing you guys lose.. I was meaning to look up the rosters for both Memphis and Indiana because Indiana I cant see having a stack full of talent with them on this trip. I figured memphis would atleast have nichols and shaq. Either way with sport comes competition with competition you want to see your competitor lose. Doesnt mean I dont want Memphis or other members in the conference to not be strong opponents (which in return will help the conference as a whole).

Reaction Score
what the hell is going on in memphis, did i read shaq goodwin converted into a small forward? lmao

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I see both sides of this. But you wont see me posting this if it was a USF or a UCF etc. Memphis is one of the few legitimate competitive schools in the AAC so I am going to get some joy out of seeing you guys lose.. I was meaning to look up the rosters for both Memphis and Indiana because Indiana I cant see having a stack full of talent with them on this trip. I figured memphis would atleast have nichols and shaq. Either way with sport comes competition with competition you want to see your competitor lose. Doesnt mean I dont want Memphis or other members in the conference to not be strong opponents (which in return will help the conference as a whole).

Looking at the roster...Austin Nichols didn't play, neither did our transfers.

PF - Calvin Godfrey (Southern Univ Transfer)
PG - Kedren Johnson (Vandy Transfer)
PG - D’Marnier Cunningham (CC Transfer)

Last edited:

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
what the hell is going on in memphis, did i read shaq goodwin converted into a small forward? lmao

No...Shaq is a Power Forward.

Shaq tweeted he would like to play the 3 from time to time...but I doubt he'll get the chance, Nick King was built to play the 3.

Reaction Score

Shaq tweeted he would like to play the 3 from time to time...but I doubt he'll get the chance, Nick King was built to play the 3.

Shaq Goodwin 6-8 205 SF/PF Memphis Jr.

Goodwin's new body was both surprising and a bit disheartening. It was immediately apparent that Goodwin had lost considerable weight, and Goodwin told scouts he's lost 40 lbs since last year and sees himself as a small forward for the next level. It's highly questionable whether losing such a drastic amount was a good idea. If he truly believes he is a small forward he is going to need to improve his ball handling and consistency in his outside shooting. At Nations he had an up and down showing, disappearing from some games but then having some spectacular put back dunks and hitting corner three's. Goodwin came into college with a football player physique and now appears to have ditched the idea of playing in the post. He doesn't seem to have the skill or athleticism to play the 3 at the next level and may be destined for Europe. Just another questionable job of developing players by the current Memphis coaching staff.

him losing 40 pounds should be a legit concern for memphis fans. he could have been faried like by his senior year, now he is the same size as kentan facey

Reaction Score

Shaq didn't tweet he wanted to play the 3. He actually was asking who said he was 205lbs and wanted to play the 3. He tweeted he loved the 4 and is 228 lbs.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Shaq didn't tweet he wanted to play the 3. He actually was asking who said he was 205lbs and wanted to play the 3. He tweeted he loved the 4 and is 228 lbs.

See now that makes more sense.. His best aspect in my opinion was his size. He could hang with the taller guys in the paint because of his size and athleticism. And why didnt Nichols play in the offseason games?

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score

Gotcha...I know someone said he lost a ton of weight to which he said "Who is saying that I'm 205 pounds? I'm 230 lol"

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
See now that makes more sense.. His best aspect in my opinion was his size. He could hang with the taller guys in the paint because of his size and athleticism. And why didnt Nichols play in the offseason games?

Sprained ankle...no reason to risk it.

Reaction Score
Shaq tweets
"Who is saying that I'm 205 pounds? I'm 230 lol"

"@IrokBack man what lol, talking about I want to play the 3, I love the 4!"

@CTD_Hoops I haven't weighed 205 since 9th grade. That's false"

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Sprained ankle...no reason to risk it.
Ahhh yea makes sense.. I expect him to have a good year for you guys.. And although I dont like you guys that much I think Ill be pulling for you against the Zags as Id like to see a Top 25 get knocked.... Maybe even wichita but I am a Vanvleet fan... Goodluck

Reaction Score
him losing 40 pounds should be a legit concern for memphis fans. he could have been faried like by his senior year, now he is the same size as kentan facey

Now you don't say the starting power forward becomes's the new small forward. How is Pastner allowing this. Some of you guys nominated him as a above average coach. I see a good recruiter, and a very poor coach.

You guys at memphis are funny denying this report from someone who was at the camp, writing reports on the prospects their. LOL. Tell your coach get his shop together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom