Official Press Conference Link? | The Boneyard

Official Press Conference Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know that, in previous years, there was one link to all NCAA post-game press conferences. I have searched for that both here and on the NCAA website. Does anyone know where the current year's pressers might be?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Me too - really annoyed as I enjoy listening to them.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Pure speculation on my part, but I believe individual schools are now responsible for posting the Press Conferences. The ones I've found have been associated with a schools Youtube or similar account. I've asked the NCAA and even UConn where are they and they don't respond to questions.

Reaction Score
Rutgers athletics account posted C Vivians post game pressers.

The individual school can record it and post it I assume. Not sure why UConn doesn't.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that the NCAA website will cover the press conferences for the final four.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Thanks, appreciate the link.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Thanks for the link.
Watching the players from Gonzaga and Texas was painful. The Zags were clearly emotional after being so close. Some of the questions reporters asked Texas were ridiculous. How do you ask a teenage girl who just got beaten badly, "how does it feel to lose?"
Crazy. To the credit of both teams, the players handled it pretty well.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting the link!
I thought both pressers were very good - like the Texas coach.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This is a great analysis by Aston of Uconn's defensive strategies:
"You need an enormous amount of composure because decision making is so critical," Aston said. "You think about your shot selection and the times you think something is open. They make things look open, you get down there and get stuck and your shot gets blocked a large percentage of time. They do a terrific job of influencing the ball to their big people and they get you sort of stuck. And your shot selection becomes turnovers."

I do not see any team in WCBB that plays as much 'overload' defense intentionally forcing players into defensive help as Uconn does.

punchjur

NYC Fan
Reaction Score
Yes, the Texas press conference can be seen at:

bur also look at the Duke press conference at - where, near at the 11:06 mark, Coach Joanne P. says that women's BB is like a monarchy where one team can't be beat and all the others can beat each other

Reaction Score

see Geno's response (7:40) to the question as to whether there is a player that can have a bigger impact in a game: "not in college". Further goes on to basically say Stewie doesn't worry about numbers, but she is the best.

Reaction Score

see Geno's response (7:40) to the question as to whether there is a player that can have a bigger impact in a game: "not in college". Further goes on to basically say Stewie doesn't worry about numbers, but she is the best.

at 6:40

Reaction Score
UConn has now played and defeated Duke, South Caroline and Texas by a combined what, 8000 points???

These are 3 of the biggest teams in America. They are far bigger than UConn, yet after every drubbing, I hear about UConn's "lenght" compared to the far bigger teams they just drubbed.

Now I wonder why that is???

Reaction Score
OMG!! Almost had a heart attack when in the post-game presser a reporter asked Stewie why she was wearing a boot. THANK GOD she smiled broadly and said it was an "inflammation of the sesamoid bone." Stewie's funny demeanor quickly put me at ease, so I could put away the Propranolol. Oyoyoy.

Reaction Score
How long does it generally take for these folks to put up the post game videos? And I wanted to get this thread back on the first page.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Both Uconn and Dayton pressers are up now. Really like the Dayton coach humble and smart and his team was incredible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom