• at the end of season

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • has a few more years to recruit his players

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So what are the odds on PP? Does he make it thru the season? does he get axed after a loosing to cuse?

I gotta believe these conversations must be taking place. Anyone have any gossip?

I'm afraid to ask Des because he might yell at me

Reaction Score
Manuel won't make any changes mid-season but if we don't win another game he is in BIG trouble. I can't see how DeLeone, Cersosimo, Foley, Day, and White stay though.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Why are you singling out those assistants? More specifically, outside of Deleone, why did these guys make the list?

Reaction Score
Cersosimo is a given he should have been replaced after Edsall left, and unfortunately Foley and Day are collertal damage. White is a defensive coach who is out of position. I can't see any holdovers from Edsall's staff surviving any off season changes.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
100% PP and GDL finish the season. 85% both are here next season.
102% there will be angst about it.

Short of a big turnaround, next season would certainly be it. Which is why this season is the right time to make the move. Before or after the last game is the time to do it depending if a bowl bid is on the line. Let Hank coach the bowl game, if necessary.

Absolutely critical is for Warde to get the guy he wants. I don't want to fire anybody without a specific guy in mind. That would be a disaster.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, shy of something major happening Day is gone after this season but it won't be due to getting fired.

From what I've been told from a few with first hand knowledge, Foley and Day are all that is keeping the offense players feeling even a bit positive. Without these two morale would be completely shot. (There is quite a bit more to this but I am not comfortable putting it in a message board).

I'm guessing that Cersosimo has only lasted out of fear that in state HS coaches would shut the doors to recruiting (because his father is so well respected by them). My pet peeve for years has been the WR coaching and I still don't believe he is getting it done.

White's only fault is that he is coaching the wrong position. I'm not sure that Wholley also isn't coaching the wrong position (but as P likes coaching LB's, I can see preference of the LB coach not being able to step on his toes).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think we are about three days from PP get off my lawn jokes.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
If GDL is still here for next year you will see, in my opinion, an exodus of offensive players like we've never seen before. Especially if Foley is gone.

If PP doesn't send GDL packing he will go with him. I also believe PP will be strongly encouraged to bring in a more "modern" offensive mind and maybe even encourage to have Foley put back at OL coach. (that is if Foley doesn't get an offer to go elsewhere)

Warde is a big time football kind of guy and won't tolerate Hathaway's boy playing old school football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom