observed a funny exchange with a Cuse fan on the plane | The Boneyard

observed a funny exchange with a Cuse fan on the plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Fellow UConn fan was boarding, a Cuse fan started busting his chops. (Paraphrasing) The Cuse fan says "I give you credit for still wearing your UConn gear"

UConn fan retorts "your championship gear obsolete, then says 4 to 1"

Cuse fan responds "that's all you got". :confused:

I could go on and on about the inaccuracy of that retort, but it made me recall just how delusional they are about their program. I mean even at face value and standing by itself, that 4-1 is HUGE, bigger than anything, especially when you consider 2014, 2011, 2004 & 1999 vs 2003.

What's in the water up there?

and real men simply don't wear Orange

Reaction Score
The Quse fan is right- all we got is 4X the amount of championships they do- If they think we would trade that for all the 20-0 tee shirts they have in their closets they are cra cra.

Reaction Score
The Quse fan is right- all we got is 4X the amount of championships they do- If they think we would trade that for all the 20-0 tee shirts they have in their closets they are cra cra.

They must be organic Egyptian cotton T-shirts.

Reaction Score
The favorite color tee shirt in a few of the African countries is Orange I am sure.

Of course a good reply would've been more in the March/April mode about I will still be wearing it then also while you will be looking for your Yankee shirt.

Reaction Score
Even with years of cheating, they still only got 1 championship to show for it and that's only because of Melo. They can take their little pre-season tournament champ shirts and stuff it.

Reaction Score

Answer #1 - Genny Cream Ale and it explains a lot, trust me, my old man drank that stuff all of the time.

Note #1 - Better not say that in Texas. Long Horns fans tend to be very defensive of their team and the color Burnt Orange.

Reaction Score
The 4-1 is the most important statistic and it's all we need but here's some more ammo;
-more final fours, elite 8's, sweet 16's (at least in the modern era)
-more big east tournament championships (not sure about regular season championships but I be surprised if we didn't have more)
-very few, if any, of us reside in upstate New York

Seriously, what else do you need?

Reaction Score
Answer #1 - Genny Cream Ale and it explains a lot, trust me, my old man drank that stuff all of the time.

Note #1 - Better not say that in Texas. Long Horns fans tend to be very defensive of their team and the color Burnt Orange.

Genesee Cream Ale was a staple during my undergraduate days in upstate NY..(not as SU)... Inexpensive and pretty tasty...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Genesee Cream Ale was a staple during my undergraduate days in upstate NY..(not as SU)... Inexpensive and pretty tasty...

I think I offered up that in the worst beer of all time thread.

Nor in Tennessee. And they are inbred enough to attack you with hunting knives*.

*from someone who went to school in Nashville.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He didn't actually say what's in the quotes, did he?

Hahaa, I was thinking the same thing. At least have to include all years back to 1999 for comparison purposes.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
-more big east tournament championships (not sure about regular season championships but I be surprised if we didn't have more)

10 to 9 in favor of UCONN. Just counting Big East.

Reaction Score
Fellow UConn fan was boarding, a Cuse fan started busting his chops. (Paraphrasing) The Cuse fan says "I give you credit for still wearing your UConn gear"

UConn fan retorts "your championship gear obsolete, then says 4 to 1"

Cuse fan responds "that's all you got". :confused:

I could go on and on about the inaccuracy of that retort, but it made me recall just how delusional they are about their program. I mean even at face value and standing by itself, that 4-1 is HUGE, bigger than anything, especially when you consider 2014, 2011, 2004 & 1999 vs 2003.

Cuse is the Colts
UConn is the Pats

Reaction Score

Spent my teen years on a lake in the southern Adirondacks and thus my upstate NY drinking habits extended into my college years with road trips to Albany (SUNY), Troy (RPI/Sage), Schenectady (Union), Oneonta (Hartwick), Ithaca (Ithaca & Cornell), and Syracuse. Drank way too much of Genny Cream Ale. Was so glad when Molsen Ice hit the shelves.

Reaction Score
Spent my teen years on a lake in the southern Adirondacks and thus my upstate NY drinking habits extended into my college years with road trips to Albany (SUNY), Troy (RPI/Sage), Schenectady (Union), Oneonta (Hartwick), Ithaca (Ithaca & Cornell), and Syracuse. Drank way too much of Genny Cream Ale. Was so glad when Molsen Ice hit the shelves.
Genny was cheap and thus fit my limited budget at the time...Can also remember going to an upstate Grand Union and buying a beer called "Gunther" which was so cheap that it had "Imported from America" printed on the can..

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He didn't actually say what's in the quotes, did he?

I was paraphrasing, but pretty darn close

maybe more like "your championship gear is shredded because it's so old"

he definitely followed with "4-1", which drew the epic "that's all you got response"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom