O.T---If I used these words would you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Slap my face???

1. Mondegeen
2. F-hole
3. Acronym

Maybe if we asked GUS he could tell us..

Found these words in my local newspaper--in a quiz. Thought them interesting in what they appear to say or not.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Slap my face???

1. Mondegeen
2. F-hole
3. Acronym

Maybe if we asked GUS he could tell us..

Found these words in my local newspaper--in a quiz. Thought them interesting in what they appear to say or not.
Well . . . I could speak to 2. and 3. Never heard of 1.

But two out of three ain't bad, right?

Reaction Score
"S’pose a man was to come to you and say Polly-voo-franzy—what would you think?”

“I wouldn’ think nuff’n; I’d take en bust him over de head."

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
"Ah ye highlands and ye lowlands,where ha' ye been?
They ha' slain the Earl o' Moray, and Lady Mondegreen!"

Reaction Score
Well . . . I could speak to 2. and 3. Never heard of 1.

But two out of three ain't bad, right?
Knew you'd have no trouble with them. hole sounds really bad to the uninformed. But if you fiddle around with the question you'd know
You would have gotten the first one had I not "fat fingered my keys" --it's mondegreen--when the word you think you hear are actually different than the words in the song
A bit of far out O.T.:
Made a trip to Connecticut this week and it reminded me why I left----the parking lots (supposedly super highway 84, 91 or 287). I saw more middle fingers in 2 days than in the past 5 years seems the boy scout salute was changed from the old 2 finger salute-- one or two actually spoke English.

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Knew you'd have no trouble with them. hole sounds really bad to the uninformed. But if you fiddle around with the question you'd know
You would have gotten the first one had I not "fat fingered my keys" --it's mondegreen--when the word you think you hear are actually different than the words in the song
A bit of far out O.T.:
Made a trip to Connecticut this week and it reminded me why I left----the parking lots (supposedly super highway 84, 91 or 287). I saw more middle fingers in 2 days than in the past 5 years seems the boy scout salute was changed from the old 2 finger salute-- one or two actually spoke English.
you left Connecticut because of the highways... really?

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
the boy scout salute was changed from the old 2 finger salute-

Boy Scouts use three fingers, Cub Scouts use two. So, non-Scouts use one, I guess?

Reaction Score
Boy Scouts use three fingers, Cub Scouts use two. So, non-Scouts use one, I guess?
Thanks --I was almost certain it wasn't boy scouts saluting me, I just didn't know if it was two, 3, 4, or 5--but as they have modernized the Scouts --maybe they adjusted to just ONE for efficiency

Reaction Score
you left Connecticut because of the highways... really?
REALLY!!!! Then too because after living in CT for 40 years and traveling the USA for the next 30 I found the people elsewhere, except NY/NJ, to be less abrasive, the tax structure more desirable, the weather more acceptable, no polution inspection of my cars, large land for less taxes, and yes traffic.
You would be amazed how much traffic increased in Ct in that time--even Simsbury and Woodbury and Roxbury (former home of Marilyn Monroe).

Last edited:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
And don't forget; There's a bathroom on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom