NY Daily News feature article on UConn Hockey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NY Daily News feature article on UConn Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ran the 1997 NYC Marathon at an average 8:17 clip. At the time I was living in NYC and enjoying many 10k's and 1/2's in the city. It was a great running and social scene. That was my first and last marathon and it was an incredible experience. I know folks who took up running later in life and now do marathons but my speed is more of the 5k jog now.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
"It's a sprint, not a marathon," Stansbury said during a recent UCF fan and booster gathering, referencing UCF's rise on the national map.

Lolololol no.... Can we get back on track now?

Reaction Score
how-can-you-tell-if-someone-ran-a-marathon.jpg

;)

Reaction Score
Nice job.

It can be tough to have time goals in a mega-size marathon.

The traffic early in the race and the general aggravation of having to keep altering your stride comes back to bite you sometimes.

If you're looking for a neat spring marathon that's an easy trip from NYC, look at the Walkway Marathon in Dutchess County in June. We had the first on this year as a trial and it went very well. Starts and ends at Marist College and goes out and back on the Dutchess Rail Trail and the Walkway over the Hudson. (Also have a 5K and a half-marathon.) Very, very fast course.

Very nice.

Maybe I will run it this year.

Post some reminders on this event going forward.

Reaction Score
Very nice.

Maybe I will run it this year.

Post some reminders on this event going forward.

I created a separate "Running" thread over in the Cesspool. Figured it would be cool to have a place where we could talk races, training and other running-related items since apparently we have more runners on The Boneyard than I would have imagined.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/running.82495/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99