nova apllied to the acc | The Boneyard

nova apllied to the acc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would love to be a fly on the wall in a meeting with the powers that be that run Nova.

Do they really think that the ACC would accept them?

Reaction Score
The fly might have more on the wall in the room when the acc boys open up the nova application.

Reaction Score
Nova to ACC makes no sense at all...this is a Football 'realignment' and nothing more...football powers are driving us to 4 super conferences...

Reaction Score
All true but hasn't 'Nova started the process of upgrading to D1? Also aren't there rumors of Florida State jumping to the SEC? Miami may have major penalties imposed on them. Yes it's a football alignment but for the sake of keeping some Basketball integrity invite Nova and St Johns into the Conference and perhaps GTown for Basketball only while bringing in UCONN, Rutgers and perhaps Notre Dame for Football. St. John's would give the ACC New York City with most of the old Big East Rivalries intact. I know it's a pipe dream but with the way things are going you never know.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i don't think the ACC will ever make the mistake the Big East made. the BE never should have lost Va Tech, Miami, and BCU. being beholden to the hoops only schools did them in. they should have split off 5 or 6 years ago and gone after L'ville and TCU. a conference of Miami, Va Tech, BCU, UCONN, L'ville, WVU, Syracuse, PItt, Rutgers, Cinci, TCU, and USF would have been stronger than the ACC as it would have stood...

Reaction Score
I wonder if the ACC hangs the application on the fridge...... just for joke, nothing more.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
solid basketball, and somebody Duke can beat in football

seems unlikely, but who knows

Reaction Score
All true but hasn't 'Nova started the process of upgrading to D1? Also aren't there rumors of Florida State jumping to the SEC? Miami may have major penalties imposed on them. Yes it's a football alignment but for the sake of keeping some Basketball integrity invite Nova and St Johns into the Conference and perhaps GTown for Basketball only while bringing in UCONN, Rutgers and perhaps Notre Dame for Football. St. John's would give the ACC New York City with most of the old Big East Rivalries intact. I know it's a pipe dream but with the way things are going you never know.

I mean, no. why on earth would they every in a million years want to invite basketball only schools. Hasn't the BEast done a fantastic job of showing what an abomination that is? I mean, its one of the reasons that I have been watching my phone and checking twitter nervously for the past 72 hours. Its not stable, it makes no sense, it doesn't increase your revenue significanly, and i mean, Saint Freaking Johns!!

These Never Never Land posts are starting to make me delirious.

Reaction Score
Whn I mentioned St. John's, G'Town and Nova I was thinking just basketball. Of the old Big East they would really be the only Basketball Schools. The rest of the league would be football. So I don't think it would be a Big East mistake as the basketball only schools would just be paired to 3. ESPN would love it as natural rivalries could materialize: G'Town v Maryland, St. John's v Rutgers and Villanova v UCONN, ST. John's, Maryland, G'Town. Most important as I mentioned earlier ST. John's gives the ACC New York. That market alone could be the catalyst. Won't happen but as I said you never know.

Reaction Score
This doesn't sound legit because when the Pitt/Syr news broke a league source was quoted as saying you only "apply" if you know you're getting in. For instance, in the Post the story is we haven't formally applied yet because we're still in the process of making sure all of our bases are covered.

Reaction Score
Muschamp gone from FLA: (From ESPN News)

Will Muschamp will not return as Flordia's coach next season, the school announced Sunday. Muschamp will coach the team's final two games this season, and then step down. Muschamp's buyout will work out to about $6.3 million, a source with knowledge of the terms confirmed to ESPN.com's Darren Rovell. "I was given every opportunity to get it done here and I simply didn't win enough games -- that is the bottom line," Muschamp said in a statement. "I'm disappointed that I didn't get it done and it is my responsibility to get it done."

To summarize... he didn't get it done.

In related news, Halliburton and Baker Hughes have agreed to merge after often fractious talks. (ed: Frankly, can't see this one getting past US and EU regulators.)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
solid basketball, and somebody Duke can beat in football

seems unlikely, but who knows
Yup, because Duke isn't 8-2 and coming off 2 straight bowl games.

Reaction Score
:D

It's Monday. I didn't notice...Which begs the question: Why did you resurrect it? Muschamp has nothing to do with Villanova or the ACC.
Sorry, couldn't find the 'Muschamp gone from FLA' thread.

willie99

Reaction Score
Yup, because Duke isn't 8-2 and coming off 2 straight bowl games.

seriously? you actually respond like this to this tongue in cheek post that was made 3 years and 2 months ago? before they won those two straight bowl games?

damn

willie99

Reaction Score
:D

It's Monday. I didn't notice...Which begs the question: Why did you resurrect it? Muschamp has nothing to do with Villanova or the ACC.

OK, disregard my previous response

peace :)

Reaction Score
Villanova was given the same opportunity that UConn was given by the old Big E to upgrade their football team. Villanova passed. UConn did not. While it is a mess right now, best guess is that a decade from now, UConn will be in a P4 conference while Villanova continues to play Georgetown in basketball (new Big E) and football (Patriot). Villanova is about the size of BC, has an endowment that is 20% of BC's (or about half the size of Holy Cross and slightly smaller that UConn's), has no football tradition, and does not have the facilities not the land to build the facilities on. Their window on jumping to D1 was closed long before 2011.

Reaction Score
I was tired of this cat's act before he started bumping three-year old threads.

This might be coming to an end soon.

That's funny, Fish...you let a ton (actually, pretty hard to measure - just go with it) of very nasty stuff go, yet you’re tired of my act. Piss off. I did not write a word on this board not written by others (well, maybe one.) My nonsense is, at worst, equal to, not in excess of, that which I have seen on this board. Hell, if you don’t like me, and you’re in a position to get rid of me, have at it. That would be fine. Just don’t pretend you are tossing me for some more 'objective' reason.

Reaction Score
I was tired of this cat's act before he started bumping three-year old threads.

This might be coming to an end soon.

Oh, one last thing (figuratively and, probably, literally): I’m pretty sure any issues you had with me could have been addressed / discussed in private. Why are you talking about my status on the public message board instead? WTF… some kind of big shot? You don’t see me talking about your mother here, do you? Very bad form, Fish.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
You're adding combative to obnoxious. Why try to escalate a conflict with multiple consecutive posts? On another school's board? Immediately after posting a shot at the host school's football team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom