Not sure if we saw this - Geno on changing the rules of the game | The Boneyard

Not sure if we saw this - Geno on changing the rules of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not the men's game, thank you very much yappy and annoying critics, but the women's game. I'm tired of the defenders of the men's game going "Oh yeah? Don't criticize the men until you address how awful the women's game is". Well, here's an article from Winter 2014 that does just that. It's shows a thoughtful and knowledgeable Geno that discusses the rules of the game, recruiting (in general) and more.

It's a long article - when you get to the photos, keep scrolling; there's more.

Have I got your attention yet?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Really enjoyed. What caught our eye here and elsewhere is Gino consistently says we need to elevate our game and be entertaining if we want people to pay to watch us. To that end, coach Auriemma if the girls work really really hard on their offensive rebounding will you let Moriah lob some more "alley oops" to Gabby next season?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I remember seeing that before, but enjoyable to revisit.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Really enjoyed. What caught our eye here and elsewhere is Gino consistently says we need to elevate our game and be entertaining if we want people to pay to watch us. To that end, coach Auriemma if the girls work really really hard on their offensive rebounding will you let Moriah lob some more "alley oops" to Gabby next season?
Just FYI... it's Geno, not Gino... :)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think have the Women's Final Four on a different weekend than the men's would be a good step. An even better step might be for the WBB season to wait to start until after January 1 and then the NCAAWT could start after the NCAAMT is over. For some fan bases there would be a conflict with popular spring sports, like baseball, but I think overall NCAAWT attendance and viewership would be better. For those lucky schools that have good programs in both sports, fans won't have to decide to attend one tournament versus the other - they could attend both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom