Not sure, don't care about ACC and New Years bowls just beat Temple | The Boneyard

Not sure, don't care about ACC and New Years bowls just beat Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry its suppose to be AAC in the title, or else I am channeling Swafford's dreams.

My ECU friends remind me that UConn's W over UH cost the conference $20m. I don't care.

Navy blew it.

Lets hope our Huskies have a good showing against Temple. Temple has a lot on the line and their mobile QB, who has an awesome arm, is a problem.

Yes I want the conference in a New Year's money bowl game, but if HCBD can have the kids feeling it tomorrow that may be a great splash for us.

So go UConn, surprise me again. W or L I promise I won't question any calls or players performance, its house money.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How did UConn cost the league? If Houston wins next week they still go.

If they beat Temple and then USF beats Houston - it's going to be ugly. I don't think many are clamoring for Bowling Green. San Diego State? Western Kentucky?

There is nobody if USF wins the AAC.

Reaction Score
How did UConn cost the league? If Houston wins next week they still go.

If they beat Temple and then USF beats Houston - it's going to be ugly. I don't think many are clamoring for Bowling Green. San Diego State? Western Kentucky?

There is nobody if USF wins the AAC.

It's still the highest ranked group of 5 to the NY6 game right? So it doesn't have to be the conference champ that gets the bid does it?

Reaction Score
Houston just man handled Navy and Navy beat USF soundly earlier in the year. Seeing as the game is in Houston and their New Years Day bowl appearance is on the line I'll bet Houston eeks out that win. Temple might be the tougher fight but they have to face UConn's defense before they can even think about playing in the championship.

Reaction Score
It's still the highest ranked group of 5 to the NY6 game right? So it doesn't have to be the conference champ that gets the bid does it?

I just found something that says the "highest ranked group of five champion"

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Houston just man handled Navy and Navy beat USF soundly earlier in the year. Seeing as the game is in Houston and their New Years Day bowl appearance is on the line I'll bet Houston eeks out that win. Temple might be the tougher fight but they have to face UConn's defense before they can even think about playing in the championship.

I don't think Navy beat USF soundly. I believe USF was leading in the 4th quarter.

Not to make excuses, but it is a fact that the two best players for USF, Flowers and Mack, were both badly injured in the previous game and were very limited in what they could do.

As we all know, Injuries are part of the game, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be mentioned. Neither Flowers nor Mack could really run and that is a very big part of the USF offense.

An Abc sportscaster said today:

"There was not any other hotter team in the Country than South Florida". Stated how South Florida is the most improved team this year! "

So, if UCONN beats Temple and USF then beats Houston in an ACC Championship game, I could see the TV people finding a loophole for USF to be selected.

Just as with UCONN, USF is playing with HOUSE MONEY, so whatever happens from here on out is all gravy. LOL

Good luck against Temple!

Reaction Score
My thinking is if things play out and USF is the AAC champion then there is no AAC team in the New Yers 6 selected.

But as I said, "I don't really care." Go Huskies beat Temple.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I just found something that says the "highest ranked group of five champion"

Yeah I thought it had to be champion. And looking at it that might be nobody - which leads me to thinking it's WKU or USF if it happens.

Tim Boyle with his finger on the button.

Reaction Score
So even in a scenario where Houston lost in the conference title game, I have a feeling that Navy would still be the highest ranked G5 team, no? They were 15 before yesterday, and even though they got steamrolled, I don't think they drop 10 spots losing to a one loss team on the road. That being said, if Houston takes care of business they are in.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If USF wins the American

Your G5 champs are:

USF - 4 losses (Maryland)

WKU/S Miss/LA Tech
WKU lost to Indiana and LSU

Northern Ill (4 losses)/BGSU (3 losses)

AFA/SDSU. AFA lost to CSU and SDSU lost to South Alabama

Arkansas St prob wins Sun Belt. They lost 55-6 to USCw plus lost to Missouri & Toledo.

So I think if UConn beats Temple and USF beats Houston...

You get Western Kentucky, Air Force or USF.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Doesn't matter. We don't sacrifice victory on any altar. Even if it meant $100M to the AAC for Temple to win this game.
Exactly. UConn sacrificed millions for the conference's horrible TV deal and a promise for a better deal downstream. The end result of UConn winning more football games is way more valuable than $20 mil split over 12 teams - we'd probably net $1 mil from the access bowl.

Reaction Score
The G-5 don't have to fight for that spot with the independents?

Reaction Score
Sorry its suppose to be AAC in the title, or else I am channeling Swafford's dreams.

My ECU friends remind me that UConn's W over UH cost the conference $20m. I don't care.

Navy blew it.

Lets hope our Huskies have a good showing against Temple. Temple has a lot on the line and their mobile QB, who has an awesome arm, is a problem.

Yes I want the conference in a New Year's money bowl game, but if HCBD can have the kids feeling it tomorrow that may be a great splash for us.

So go UConn, surprise me again. W or L I promise I won't question any calls or players performance, its house money.
The season does not end until the last game. Houston played poorly.

Reaction Score
The G-5 don't have to fight for that spot with the independents?

Nope - Independents are not eligible, it's the highest-ranked champion from the "Group of Five" conferences.

Reaction Score
With army not bowl is there any possibility that navy would take the poinsettia bowl? They used to have a tie in and have a long history in San Diego. This of course would open up the military bowl. Or the other scenarios where the pinstripe opens up would be the best for us IMO beyond those reaches I would take any Florida bowl game really even though most are weekday games.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Navy to Military is official per the website.

Reaction Score
Navy to Military is official per the website.
Ahh damn, well it was a fantasy anyway, let's see where the cards fall after tonight! Let's go get it boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom