Not playing Stanford Next Year | The Boneyard

Not playing Stanford Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Stanford has requested to defer the game until 2016/17 season.

Hope to play Nebraska next year. Waiting on Nebraska to sign contract.

Reaction Score
That stinks. I'll bet Lou is going to be a little disappointed.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
at least Lou and Karlie won't have to face each other.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Another quality opponent bails. No more Duke, Maryland, Baylor, NC, Louisville . . . at least we'll have the Houston game to look forward to.

Reaction Score
Could it be that DT is being taken seriously? Paraphrased, she said, "..better get UCONN now, because next year, no one can beat them. By then, (Stewie) will be elite."

Reaction Score
Could it be that DT is being taken seriously? Paraphrased, she said, "..better get UCONN now, because next year, no one can beat them. By then, (Stewie) will be elite."
Yes, but then for the following three years they'll have Lou to contend with ...and that might really be embarrassing for them!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Another quality opponent bails. No more Duke, Maryland, Baylor, NC, Louisville . . . at least we'll have the Houston game to look forward to.

What are you talking about? The Stanford game is being deferred a year. Louisville will begin a series the season after next. Nebraska will be added. LSU will be added.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I think the Farmers Almanac called for the same amount of snow for New England next year, but starting earlier, around Nov 15th, or so.
That would scare me too.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Adamec says there's a possible Kansas State matchup in the works.

Reaction Score
Wake up to the potential reality, if the quality opponents continue to bail (which may be their plan), it will be extremely difficult if not impossible to continue to recruit the top talent - you can't win without it. The current conference schedule is tantamount on the men's side of Kentucky playing Division II opponents.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn has games either next year or the following with Notre Dame, South Carolina, Stanford, UCLA, Louisville, DePaul, Nebraska, Florida State, LSU, and Tenn-Chat.

Does that look like a lack of quality opponents? Sure the AAC is poor outside of SF, but UConn is still scheduling a terrific non-conference slate.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Stanford has requested to defer the royal butt kicking they have coming to them until 2016/17 season.

Hope to play Nebraska next year. Waiting on Nebraska to sign contract.

Fixed it for ya.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Wake up to the potential reality, if the quality opponents continue to bail (which may be their plan), it will be extremely difficult if not impossible to continue to recruit the top talent - you can't win without it. The current conference schedule is tantamount on the men's side of Kentucky playing Division II opponents.
Um, talking about UConn and DI teams here, and the Huskies schedule for the next few years is filled with very strong opponents following on a #2 SOS this year. And the recruiting classes for the next years are already shaping up as the best in the nation.

But if you do want to talk about DII play, there is a forum Southern Connecticut, I believe.

Reaction Score

I think you have it backwards.

Reaction Score
Ill like to see uconn play Maryland Ohio state UNC Baylor and West Virginia so that Bria Holmes can Show Geno what he missed out on.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Carl reports that Florida State may be an opponent at Mohegan Sun. Nothing signed but Kentucky is a possibility
in the Maggie Dixon Classic. No exempt tourney next year...having those extra games would have been helpful
for the incoming frosh and Natalie.

K-State? I'd rather we try to schedule a home/home with Iowa State. They are generally a better team than K-State.
ISU has great fan support to boot...I would bet a visit from the #1 program in the land would gin up the crowd to a frenzy.
Hmmm...a doubleheader with ISU with our men meeting their men doesn't make financial sense but maybe have the UConn
women play the Cyclones on a Saturday with the men playing on Sunday....then they come here the next year in a similar fashion.
Kinda different...kinda special.

Reaction Score
I am hoping for Iowa not ISU..........ISU wants zero part of UCONN........Coach Bill has stated that many times........Hey, we might see Tenn in the NCAA's......They are getting back to being really good......UCONN VS TENN in the Maggie Dixon........Now, that will fill the garden.......Under card of South Carolina and ND........$$$$$$

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The thing about schedules is that UConn could try to pack it with top teams that eventually turn out to be a bust. Scheduling North Carolina sounds like a great idea, given the ranking, but UConn routinely beat the Tarheels by 40 without breaking much of a sweat. Scheduling a ranked team doesn't necessarily mean it will be a good game.

I'm intrigued by the Nebraska game, would like to see Texas, Oregon State, AZ State, Iowa (maybe)... let's see some new teams that may not necessarily be ranked but which play a unique style or have a unique player, like Minny with Amanda Zahui B.

Speaking of the Big Tenleven, isn't UConn supposed to start up with Rutgers again?

Reaction Score
The only positive I see in playing a week Big Ten team like Nebraska is Big Red the balloon mascot.

Reaction Score
at least Lou and Karlie won't have to face each other.

Karlie is a Junior next year, so she would be a Senior in 2016/2017, Lou's Sophomore year at UConn. Two years apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom