North Carolina Academics Report Out | The Boneyard

North Carolina Academics Report Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Abuses go from 1993 -2011. Papers were graded without judging the content whatever that means (easy A). Upshot is that these easy 1 paper courses kept a lot of players in school and eligible. NCAA has to now decide if there will be a penalty and what it would be.

Reaction Score
Take away their titles in 1993, 2005, 2009. We have two more titles than them! WOOOO! And with those vacated, they lose 8 Final Fours...down to 10!

(Obviously won't actually happen...)

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Dickie V must be crying . Another black mark against his fav conference

Reaction Score
Do we get a win against them in 98 then and another trip to the Final Four?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I have a cousin who is a UNC grad, lives in NC. I've semi-ragged on him over this, but that story, if true, isn't just bad for athletics. The report suggests that the fraud extended to a fairly large number of non-athletes, too. Since it's unlikely that every last student involved will have a name revealed, a lot of grads will be painted with a brush of suspicion they don't deserve, not to mention the taint on the degree, involved or not. Big time sports - make that big time money in sports - is bad news. Winston at FSU has more protection than ebola nurses, SU has protected a few bad guys, and it's all about money. Maybe it's time to see it for what it is, let schools sponsor teams, let the players be paid, and if they so desire and can get into the school like everyone else, good for them.

Reaction Score
I would imagine the biggest victims here are the student-athletes who majored in A-FAM studies and weren't good enough to go pro. What do they have to fall back on?

Reaction Score
Dean and Roy HAD to know this stuff was going down, knew the weakest academic players were into this major and course scam. Dean has Alzheimer's bad now so they will do anything not to sully his name. As far as Roy goes, he is some slick salesman. He will claim a colonel Klink, "I know nothing". Gonna be interesting.

Reaction Score
Dean and Roy HAD to know this stuff was going down, knew the weakest academic players were into this major and course scam. Dean has Alzheimer's bad now so they will do anything not to sully his name. As far as Roy goes, he is some slick salesman. He will claim a colonel Klink, "I know nothing". Gonna be interesting.
It was actually Sgt. Schultz who knew nothing.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I know it's petty, but I've LOVED seeing UNC, FSU and Syracuse dragged through the mud in recent weeks. Even BC had its moment with that 30 for 30.
It's not petty, and I loved it as well. My only regret is that Kentucky is not included. But give the squid time. He'll get final 4's vacated there as well, if history is any indication...

So 18 years of abuse? How about an 18 year postseason ban?!!

Reaction Score
It was actually Sgt. Schultz who knew nothing.
Right, but Klink didn't know much either. I wonder when or if the info comes out as to which players took those courses and when? Might never get that because of privacy issues.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
18 years, 3100 students. Unbelievable, they have to have titles stripped and an extended post season ban.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
They will attempt self-imposed (minor) punishments in hopes of keeping the NCAA from dropping the hammer. The NCAA will say they've done enough and slowly lift the edge of the rug and commence sweeping.

Reaction Score
Just read that out of 300 players in one stretch, 15 basketball players had their averages pushed over 2.0 as a result of these courses to stay eligible. Please someone compare this to our APR situation. We would still be on suspension.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
You guys check out the NC State boards? They're on cloud 9 right now.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
B0kfcRcCAAAHAlU.png

Reaction Score
If UNC doesn't have all of their NCAA appearance vacated during that time period something is seriously wrong. Every one of their teams had ineligible players on it. That's literally a notch below paying players….. cheating them through school at the institutional level. The NCAA gave SMU the death penalty in football… I don't really see much of a difference here. If we did this all our sports would be gone. But absolutely nothing will happen to them. Maybe lose a scolly or 2 over a 3 year period. F*ing scam.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just read that out of 300 players in one stretch, 15 basketball players had their averages pushed over 2.0 as a result of these courses to stay eligible. Please someone compare this to our APR situation. We would still be on suspension.

We wouldn't have a basketball program.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You guys check out the NC State boards? They're on cloud 9 right now.

Can you blame them? Imagine if this happened at Cuse? The crowing here would be deafening.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't think the NCAA will gloss things over. And the P5 won't protest. In April the inaction by NCAA over the scandal led to Congressional hearings over the way the NCAA deals with academic fraud.

Amateur status in college athletics is on the line. The P5 are walking a fine line. The APR issue will be recognized for what it was, a sham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom