Non-Key Tweets | Page 86 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think alot of people are sleeping on Wake Forest . Wake has a sizeable endowment, owns all if it's athletic facilities ,a lot of valuable land close to campus, as well as a top notch medical campus. Either way it's not a matter of whether than can match the Texas or Ohio State's of the world but they can by association in the P5 offer better packages than any G5 school.
People are sleeping on Wake Forest because they are Wake Forest. Congrats on being luckier than us in all this I guess?

Reaction Score
I think alot of people are sleeping on Wake Forest . Wake has a sizeable endowment, owns all if it's athletic facilities ,a lot of valuable land close to campus, as well as a top notch medical campus. Either way it's not a matter of whether than can match the Texas or Ohio State's of the world but they can by association in the P5 offer better packages than any G5 school.

Come on. Wake is a fine school, but athletically they have been a doormat in most sports for decades. Question for you. If tomorrow all current conferences disbanded, with the understanding that 4 conferences of 16 teams would be formed, would Wake be one of the teams to make that cut?

Reaction Score
LdandyI'm post: 1032013 said:
Come on. Wake is a fine school, but athletically they have been a doormat in most sports for decades. Question for you. If tomorrow all current conferences disbanded, with the understanding that 4 conferences of 16 teams would be formed, would Wake be one of the teams to make that cut?
Probably not. Wake's athletic accomplishments are few but my point is that it's not accurate to assume they can't compete simply because of being a small private school. They don't recruit the same caliber of athlete the big boys do so nothing really changes for them. They should be able to put a package that's more attractive from top to bottom than any G5 school& those are their target recruits provided they have a pulse academically

Reaction Score
The specific term Louisville uses is upward trajectory. Not my term. Will it work remains to be seen. I'm not here to worry about Louisville. My teams will have to work hard to beat Louisville's teams now. I see it as a tougher challenge than what we had with Maryland. We'll have to see.

I assume by worst Big Ten school you mean Nebraska. I don't know enough about them to comment.

Nebraska has 100x more going for it academically than Louisville. When you bring up Louisville and academics, it's hard to take the next sentences seriously.

Reaction Score

UConn would be picked before WF if the schools were lined up in the schoolyard and there was no BC blackball.

Reaction Score
Probably not. Wake's athletic accomplishments are few but my point is that it's not accurate to assume they can't compete simply because of being a small private school. They don't recruit the same caliber of athlete the big boys do so nothing really changes for them. They should be able to put a package that's more attractive from top to bottom than any G5 school& those are their target recruits provided they have a pulse academically

The reality is that they are not actually competing at anything. The only thing they are doing is filling a slot on a schedule and cashing a nice paycheck. They aren't alone in this regard but they are an obvious example.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
God, what a stupid process of non-lawyers with their theories of what the settlement means. The settlement means that neither side was anywhere near sure it would ultimately prevail. Period. simple.
Maybe. Or they were instructed to settle.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV Aug 9
Big update: A reliable source at an ACC school tells me the conf is worried about private members being able to afford coming changes.

TheOneAndOnlyChicken ‏@1AndOnlyChicken 17h
@theDudeofWV Throughout realignment, we've seen just how "reliable" your sources have been. Still circle jerking with @TuxedoYoda?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 17h
@1AndOnlyChicken Ask around & you will find out I was accurate. It may have not happened but I was out front on what was happening.

TheOneAndOnlyChicken ‏@1AndOnlyChicken 10h
@theDudeofWV In what ******* world were you accurate!?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 9h
@1AndOnlyChicken I never lied to push traffic to one site or the other. My sources were accurate.

TheOneAndOnlyChicken ‏@1AndOnlyChicken 7h
@theDudeofWV I cry horse****.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 7h
@1AndOnlyChicken Before you do that how about trying Google?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 7h
@1AndOnlyChicken Derrick Brooks-FSU BoT member confirming FSU & B12 talks.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 6h
@1AndOnlyChicken I’m proud of my work on expansion. I was out in front of the national media.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 6h
@1AndOnlyChicken So is it possible I had the details right but the outcome didn’t work out?

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 5h
@1AndOnlyChicken I’ve heard that from day 1 when Chad Scott said I was delusion for thinking any ACC school would leave.

TheOneAndOnlyChicken ‏@1AndOnlyChicken 4h
@theDudeofWV The next time you're right will be the first time.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h
@1AndOnlyChicken And this is my final answer to you my friend: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SKxr2PJ06Y4…

Carey Murdock ‏@CareyWWLS 2h
Widely known Boren wanted Louisville in the conference. He wants Big 12 to be 12 again. Someday. He doesn't want a super conference though.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 2h
@CareyWWLS @LandThieves WVU campaigned hard for UL. Texas said no.

ME: Bravo! What can I say? Bravo! :D

Oh, and not to be outdone...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 8h
@micjame There was interest from certain B1G AD's. FSU candidacy was never brought to B1G presidents. Only UMD-RUT-only those 2

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 6h
@micjame I don't think any P5 schools leaves for another P5 conference for 5 years, although it could happen..but doubtful..

@micjame ....BTN President told the truth...the economics of the conference networks (Pac/BTN/SEC) will decide the next.....

@micjame ...expansion and when it happens. VT has become willing and viable.... and will be candidate 4-5 years out......

@micjame GT has given very little indication of willingness..KU is valuable but 15&16 will be East if Delany can make it happen

@micjame Big 10 still needs to diversify their assets/scheduling/time zones to gain more flexibility...so does SEC and Pac....

@micjame UCONN has moved up on the dance card. The state of Conn is all-in in making UCONN a research school in the B1G profile

@micjame UCONN will need a East Coast-Big Market-Football Brand-Demographic(recruiting)-Big Research school to be #15..for....

@micjame ....to become #16. Rutgers would not have become #14, w/o Maryland becoming #13. VT is a great combo for UCONN......

@micjame but more importantly Delany is building bridges to UCONN and VT...so if oppruntnity knocks Herbst & Sands will answer

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 5h
@micjame UCONN would bring its weakness but it does have strengths. UCONN would bring in valuable competitive content...

@micjame . .to a ever growing BTN. Basketball in Mens and Womens...content to frozen Fridays in hockey. But most important..

@micjame ...the stat of Conn has just showed their committment to thier university in expanding research expenditures....

@micjame When a state does exactly what the state of CONN just did it changes the B1G metric for UCONN. ....Delany is talking..

@micjame Herbst is listening. BIG STEP in uphill pathway to B1G invite

ME: He seems like the more milder, polite version. Certainly no moonshine. Yet doesn't understand that VT signing the GoR means that they can't really entertain offers until right towards the end of the contract.

Reaction Score
That is precisely what I wanted. And the ACC has the winning hand. But the litigation by dragging on for 18 months and looking like it would drag for another 18 months starting to get in the way of other ACC plans. So they took 3/5 of the amount and moved on. Dr. Wallace Loh, who called the fee punitive, unenforceable, and illegal, looks a little silly paying 3/5 of it don't you think?

To rational people, it isn't silly at all. He and just about anyone else thought $50 million was excessive. If Virginia was the one who wanted to leave, you apparently would have advised Dr. Sullivan to pay the $50 million instead of fighting it, a move that would have caused her to be fired, for real this time, for gross incompetence among other things such as sheer stupidity and insanity.

The settlement was more than I hoped for, but it is $10 million more than the legally enforceable previous exit fee versus $20 million less than the punitive fee that was "passed" in violation of the ACC bylaws. Maryland obviously had the winning hand, and the ACC knew it.

Reaction Score
Bullfeathers! Nobody had any "winning hand".

Any idiot (including myself)...predicted, long. long ago, exactly the outcome of a settlement that would have the ACC retaining all that it had already withheld....and forgoing the rest.

Since the ACC already held the money, Maryland could not better that without a protracted court battle. Nor could the ACC go after additional money without the same protracted court wars.

Such a settlement was almost ordained the moment that Maryland announced that they were leaving the ACC and the ACC started sequestering money.

Maryland paid a record amount of Exit fee...but still less than the whole...both sides declare a victory and march on...a successful settlement.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV Aug 9
Big update: A reliable source at an ACC school tells me the conf is worried about private members being able to afford coming changes.

@micjame but more importantly Delany is building bridges to UCONN and VT...so if oppruntnity knocks Herbst & Sands will answer

The Commonwealth of Virginia spent a lot of political capital forcing the ACC to take VT instead of Pitt and/or Syracuse during the first round of expansion. I can’t picture the folks in Richmond supporting VT bailing for the B1G which may result in further fracturing of the ACC and possible damage to Virginia’s prized possession – UVA. Unless, of course, the ACC is already falling apart and, if that happens, UVA from an academic and sports profile, i.e. plays more than football, is a better fit for the B1G while VT is a better fit for the SEC (if VT joined the SEC today, it would be the 4th highest academic institution in the SEC according to US News: 1) #17 Vanderbilt, 2) #49 Florida, 3) #60 Georgia, 4) #59 Texas A&M and Virginia Tech) and it’s believed that the SEC has a strong interest in the DC TV market.

pj

Reaction Score
I agree that if the state of Virginia is smart, they would send one school to the B1G and one to the SEC, rather than leave one in limbo.

But if they tried to arrange that, the SEC would go to North Carolina schools, and the same dynamic might hold there -- the state of North Carolina might try to arrange UNC to one and NC State to the other. If so, both conferences would have two teams to expand with, and there would be major lawsuits. But UNC could pick its destination, and the B1G might be unwilling to take NC State if UNC chose the SEC. So UNC might be forced to the B1G in order to give NC State a home in the SEC.

Reaction Score
I agree that if the state of Virginia is smart, they would send one school to the B1G and one to the SEC, rather than leave one in limbo.

But if they tried to arrange that, the SEC would go to North Carolina schools, and the same dynamic might hold there -- the state of North Carolina might try to arrange UNC to one and NC State to the other. If so, both conferences would have two teams to expand with, and there would be major lawsuits. But UNC could pick its destination, and the B1G might be unwilling to take NC State if UNC chose the SEC. So UNC might be forced to the B1G in order to give NC State a home in the SEC.
With all the problem's UNC is dealing with now about the academic scandal I can't see the admins there wanting any association with the FB crazy SEC in this political atmosphere with $$ being pretty even though probably slightly skewed in the B1G's favor considering TV negotiations soon !?!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
With all the problem's UNC is dealing with now about the academic scandal I can't see the admins there wanting any association with the FB crazy SEC in this political atmosphere with being pretty even though probably slightly skewed in the B1G's favor considering TV negotiations soon !?!

Oh Nicky, if only it were that simple. Academic scandals only impact UCONN and nobody else. That ol' centuries used, tried-and-true academic stronghold metric, the APR, hurt us in CR. The problem is that we didn't know that players from the 1900s could be applied towards any year's score that don't meet the minimum requirement. But don't worry, we made sure to enroll all of our former Huskies who attended the Jim Calhoun Charity Game on Friday in some Intro to Basketball 101 classes before they left Connecticut.

I'd be surprised if UNC is fined $10. The NCAA's rationale the first go-around was that it was fair since bogus classes were offered to the girls' lacrosse team as well as football/basketball players. Title IX at its finest, right? I'm sure the second go-around with McCants' testimony will be dismissed because the "tutors" who wrote papers for the athletes also wrote papers for any student who had $100 to offer. But make no mistake, UCONN will be watched like a hawk if our APR dips below the perfect 1000 score it got last season.

Reaction Score
And the ACC has the winning hand. But the litigation by dragging on for 18 months and looking like it would drag for another 18 months starting to get in the way of other ACC plans.

Those plans being the $700,000,000.00 annual bump that NBC was going to give the ACC (even though ESPN owns the rights) because Notre Dame wanted to help out? Those plans?

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
With all the problem's UNC is dealing with now about the academic scandal I can't see the admins there wanting any association with the FB crazy SEC in this political atmosphere with being pretty even though probably slightly skewed in the B1G's favor considering TV negotiations soon !?!

Hmmmm . . . The VT forum seems to think that NCST is really coming on in the research area. Much like VT has been, just a few years behind. Given a few years, they may have the metrics to be thought of in The Big10.

In all reality, does losing VT or NCST really hurt the prospects of an ACCN? They are secondary schools in overlapping markets. The ability to take on a new market might just help the process along. Add a team like Cincinnati and the potential for the Ohio market (not to mention the recruiting grounds for both football and basketball) could be a big addition to The ACC. I really don't think they will admit #15 until they find out what will become of their relationship with ND.

I am liking the thought of VT to go along with UConn in The Big10.

Reaction Score
ACC's fine as long as UVA, UNC, Duke, Clemson, and FSU all stick together. They can backfill any other school that leaves

pj

Reaction Score
ACC's fine as long as UVA, UNC, Duke, Clemson, and FSU all stick together. They can backfill any other school that leaves

I'm guessing they would want Ga Tech in that group also. Atlanta is a significant market, Georgia a major recruiting area in both football and basketball, and it shortens travel distance for everyone. Also academically prestigious.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing they would want Ga Tech in that group also. Atlanta is a significant market, Georgia a major recruiting area in both football and basketball, and it shortens travel distance for everyone. Also academically prestigious.

Yeah, you're probably right. I think GT's less important the other 5 when but there's not that many other Georgia based schools that would be suitable for expansion so it'll have to be up there.

Reaction Score
Agreed if It was Pitt ,WV,Louisville,Cinn, who left the Big East ,there was hope
Cuse was the the Coup De Grace,as would UNC be for the ACC

Reaction Score
Would UNC leave Duke?

Ohio State leave Michigan?

Alabama leave Auburn?

Blondie leave Dagwood?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UNC would not leave Duke.

Whatever conference wanted to take on UNC would not have to be asked twice to make extra room for Duke.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Would VPI leave UVA?

VPI would leave in a heartbeat (as long as it isn't a step down). UVA (at least the old UVA) would help them pack.

Reaction Score
UNC would leave Duke under the right circumstance. They could just build in at least one basketball game and one football game into their schedules each year. Hell, it would make the rivalry better.

That said, I think UNC is staying put for at least one more cycle of t.v. contracts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom