Non-Key Tweets | Page 180 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

pj

Reaction Score
Football only solves the Sunday play problem for them, which supposedly killed BYU to B12 in the past.

If the B12 will not share Sugar Bowl revenues which is minimal then they are preparing to dissolve. The revenues from a CCG ought to more than make up for a 1/6 reduction in Sugar Bowl revenues ... or are they already getting paid for a CCG they don't stage? If so the TV networks must be pretty pissed at the B12.

Reaction Score
http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2015/02/for-uconn-another-year-of-record-high-applications/
UConn is the place to be – at least according to more than 34,000 high school students, the largest number of applicants ever to seek a spot in the next fall’s freshman class.
That pool of potential freshmen – 34,019 to be exact – met the Jan. 15 application deadline to compete for about 3,500 spots at Storrs and about 1,400 at the Hartford, Stamford, Waterbury, Avery Point, and Torrington campuses.
In fact, more than 17,000 of the approximately 34,000 applicants this year are seeking to major in STEM fields (science, technology, engineering and math), up 32 percent in just the last four years.

Reaction Score
http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2015/02/for-uconn-another-year-of-record-high-applications/
UConn is the place to be – at least according to more than 34,000 high school students, the largest number of applicants ever to seek a spot in the next fall’s freshman class.
That pool of potential freshmen – 34,019 to be exact – met the Jan. 15 application deadline to compete for about 3,500 spots at Storrs and about 1,400 at the Hartford, Stamford, Waterbury, Avery Point, and Torrington campuses.
In fact, more than 17,000 of the approximately 34,000 applicants this year are seeking to major in STEM fields (science, technology, engineering and math), up 32 percent in just the last four years.

That looks good for UConn. A projected acceptance rate of 15% (actual is 10%, build in extra for students who are accepted; but go elsewhere) is highly competitive and that half are STEM makes it even look better. Of course, I do cringe in that the acceptance rate back in the early 90's was around 40% and I barely got in. I would not even apply to UConn today with the high school (goofball) grades I got. Guess I would be off to Delaware or Syracuse instead (two schools I also did get into).

Reaction Score
That looks good for UConn. A projected acceptance rate of 15% (actual is 10%, build in extra for students who are accepted; but go elsewhere) is highly competitive and that half are STEM makes it even look better. Of course, I do cringe in that the acceptance rate back in the early 90's was around 40% and I barely got in. I would not even apply to UConn today with the high school (goofball) grades I got. Guess I would be off to Delaware or Syracuse instead (two schools I also did get into).

LOL - you would be a President's scholar at Syracuse or, simply, the President at Louisville!

Reaction Score
It'll probably closer to a 40% acceptance rate. Yield rates tend to be low for schools that support the common app and it looks like last year's yield was around 25%. That's still a great number though - much better most other public universities.

Reaction Score
Just one man's scenario should the Big 12 break down. The one highly likely fact is that the AAC and UCONN will be screwed, which satisfies the rules of CR.
http://www.vavel.com/en-us/ncaa/col...lew-up-a-conference-realignment-scenario.html

The author is a Kansas student and he has KU and Iowa St. going to the B1G primarily because they are AAU. Delany knows better than to have two teams from Iowa in the same conference. Kansas and Uconn make much more sense even though Uconn does not have AAU status yet.

Reaction Score
The author is a Kansas student and he has KU and Iowa St. going to the B1G primarily because they are AAU. Delany knows better than to have two teams from Iowa in the same conference. Kansas and Uconn make much more sense even though Uconn does not have AAU status yet.
The Iowa State move was one of the more suspect. But AAU and good football in general. Crazier things have happened.

pj

Reaction Score
There's a lot more wrong with it than that. The ACC would be unlikely to favor West Virginia over UConn, now that they are eyeing a network. Texas would be unlikely to favor going to the Pac over an ACC affiliation, given the bad travel and bad exposure in the east due to time zone differences. It's unlikely K State, Baylor, or TCU would favor the WAC over the AAC, given the long travel distances out west - the AAC is actually much closer for them.

Reaction Score
LOL - you would be a President's scholar at Syracuse or, simply, the President at Louisville!

Please, I was a goofball and did not take my studies seriously enough, thus I was the 'dumb' B student in the AP/Honor's classes that I took my last 2 years of high school. One look at that transcript, Louisville would have given me a PhD without stepping foot in a classroom.:cool:

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda @TuxedoYoda · 3h 3 hours ago
BYU intends to play in power conference “in the near future” http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/24/byu-intends-to-play-in-power-conference-in-the-near-future/…

Cinci, UCF & Memphis were all in the mix to be added before NSD. Was told renewed mutual interest between B12 & BYU put everything on hold.

If it happened, BYU would be in the B12 for only FBall & BBall.

Best scenario for B12, add 4: BYU (just fball & bball), UCF, Cinci & UConn.

pj

Reaction Score
I've come to believe he's a crackpot, but I'd take this scenario!

It would at least get all the worthy schools into P5 conferences ... maybe not the right conferences, but in the club.

Reaction Score
@TravHaneyESPN
If they were all open, to me first 10 Group of 5 jobs would be: Cincinnati, UCF, Boise, BYU, USF, Houston, SMU, Colo St, Memphis, ECU.

@TravHaneyESPN
Biggest pieces of evaluating Group of 5 jobs: odds of moving to P5 league; HC salary figure/history; can you win there?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
UConn would win over Iowa St to the B1G, IMO. I think now that the precedent has been set the ACC would take an inferior academic school with good FB so WVU to the ACC under that scenario makes sense.

Reaction Score
UConn would win over Iowa St to the B1G, IMO. I think now that the precedent has been set the ACC would take an inferior academic school with good FB so WVU to the ACC under that scenario makes sense.

As long as you wait to commit academic infractions once you are in the ACC, then its all good

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The SEC won't take Florida State because they're in the footprint already, but that clown thinks the Big Ten is going to take Iowa State.

Ah, no.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
@TravHaneyESPN
If they were all open, to me first 10 Group of 5 jobs would be: Cincinnati, UCF, Boise, BYU, USF, Houston, SMU, Colo St, Memphis, ECU.

@TravHaneyESPN
Biggest pieces of evaluating Group of 5 jobs: odds of moving to P5 league; HC salary figure/history; can you win there?
That's hot garbage

Reaction Score
The SEC won't take Florida State because they're in the footprint already, but that clown thinks the Big Ten is going to take Iowa State.

Ah, no.
See, that logic makes no sense to me. SEC has Miss and Miss State. Alabama and Auburn. Tenn and Vandy. Makes no sense to exclude Florida State which is at least as good, if not better, than 4 of these programs.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
See, that logic makes no sense to me. SEC has Miss and Miss State. Alabama and Auburn. Tenn and Vandy. Makes no sense to exclude Florida State which is at least as good, if not better, than 4 of these programs.
That is because conferences were first formed to make scheduling easier. Conference-mates were typically within a (at most, long) bus or train ride away. Those days are over.

Reaction Score
UConn Dan said:
That's hot garbage

Seriously, he probably doesn't know/remember UCONN isn't in the P5. I'm amazed by the number of people I meet in Florida that just haven't realized it yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom