Non-Key Tweets | Page 163 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I'm not looking for a constant stream of Warde Manuel selfies taken at the cocktail lounge of the hotel during B1G media day and stupid crap like that. Where we are failing is in creating an accurate narrative. The university still hasn't debunked the web world theories that:

1. We are a small market program. (Hartford is Med/Large)
2. That we have a smaller athletic budget than ABC U. even though it is based on accounting practices rather than strength or investment. Tell us why we account the way we do.
3. That the Rent is too small when it is easily expandable and was built to be expandable. Release some renderings, talk about it. Act like we are ready to pull the trigger on it.
4. That we don't capture part of New York in our market when Fairfield County is unequivocally part of our market.
5. That we deserved to be punished for the APR when we were victims of a witch hunt. (This could be said in a non inflammatory way while bragging about current APR)

On top of that, if we are working the landscape, give us some hope. Cincy is giving its fans hope with these pics and tweets. What are we getting? If you want to sell tickets and get donations, keep us believing. Silence is depressing.
I'm hoping that the silence is because Herbst and Manuel have been told to be quiet because an invitation is forthcoming. On the other hand, the silence may mean that no invitation is coming and nothing can be done to get us out of this hell.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that the silence is because Herbst and Manuel have been told to be quiet because an invitation is forthcoming. On the other hand, the silence may mean that no invitation is coming and nothing can be done to get us out of this hell.
The latter is our greatest fear. For people like me, who do not want to wait 10 years or more, this makes us give up. Many people have generous donors to UConn over many years, but this silence makes giving donations seem like it throwing money away. Lack of confidence=lack of donations. Why give money to a lost cause? They need to throw us a bone.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
On top of that, if we are working the landscape, give us some hope. Cincy is giving its fans hope with these pics and tweets. What are we getting? If you want to sell tickets and get donations, keep us believing. Silence is depressing.
Agree with your post.

Regarding your last sentence, yes silencing is depressing, not as depressing as an endless stream of selfies by a university president but depressing nonetheless.

Reaction Score
Cincy's mascot looks like a dweeb running around taking pics with the cool kids at prom

Reaction Score
UConn needs a partner to get into the BIG. Research is key not football. UConn has been building a nice research profile. 1) Academics 2) markets 3) sports. Don't buy the bull**it you have nothing to offer that's just not true. G.B.O.G.H

Reaction Score
Agree with your post.

Regarding your last sentence, yes silencing is depressing, not as depressing as an endless stream of selfies by a university president but depressing nonetheless.
UConn don't need to take selfies. Maybe a deal has been made. Follow the research developments.

Reaction Score
Ono isn't out there doing this on his own. They have a plan and it involves bringing add $'s to the table which would assist in the tv/network deal(s). It's much more organized than just going to say hi and how's the weather. Trust me on this.

Reaction Score
I
Ono isn't out there doing this on his own. They have a plan and it involves bringing add $'s to the table which would assist in the tv/network deal(s). It's much more organized than just going to say hi and how's the weather. Trust me on this.
If Cincy goes to the big 12 Oklahoma and Texas will leave.

Reaction Score
UConn don't need to take selfies. Maybe a deal has been made. Follow the research developments.

I would like to think this is the case, but it may just be "pie in the sky" thinking.

CL82

Reaction Score

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
I like this guy.

CL82

Reaction Score
why?

Reaction Score
UConn needs a partner to get into the BIG. Research is key not football. UConn has been building a nice research profile. 1) Academics 2) markets 3) sports. Don't buy the bull**it you have nothing to offer that's just not true. G.B.O.G.H
So now UConn needs another school to help them get into the B1G. So you are saying that even if UConn meets the metrics of the B1G they still won't get in until a partner is available. No partner that meets B1G metrics is available at this time and won't be until GOR's expire in 2026. That means that UConn cannot get to the B1G until then. Is that what you are saying?

Reaction Score
Furthermore, based on what you are saying, UConn needs to aggressively lobby the B12 like Cinci as UConn cannot wait 11 years to get to a P5 conference financially. Travel would be no different from what it is now, and actually the immediate addition of UConn and Cinci to the B12 would probably allow that conference to survive and eventually surpass the B1G. You guys are counting now on Rutgers and MD to keep you afloat. Keep UConn out for a decade and have someone else snatch them up. Goodbye the NY DMA and New England to the B1G. How many people do you think watch the BTN faithfully now in CT (or NYC for that matter demo for that matter), now. Do you really think it will increase with Rutgers addition to the B1G alone?

pj

Reaction Score
Furthermore, based on what you are saying, UConn needs to aggressively lobby the B12 like Cinci as UConn cannot wait 11 years to get to a P5 conference financially. Travel would be no different from what it is now, and actually the immediate addition of UConn and Cinci to the B12 would probably allow that conference to survive and eventually surpass the B1G. You guys are counting now on Rutgers and MD to keep you afloat. Keep UConn out for a decade and have someone else snatch them up. Goodbye the NY DMA and New England to the B1G. How many people do you think watch the BTN faithfully now in CT (or NYC for that matter demo for that matter), now. Do you really think it will increase with Rutgers addition to the B1G alone?

Buddy, you sound unhinged. B12 would surpass the B1G if it had UConn and Cincy, when it didn't with Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado, and Texas A&M? The B1G is counting on Rutgers and MD to keep them afloat? UConn will fall off the face of the earth in 10 years, but NY and New England are lost without us?

Reaction Score
So now UConn needs another school to help them get into the B1G. So you are saying that even if UConn meets the metrics of the B1G they still won't get in until a partner is available. No partner that meets B1G metrics is available at this time and won't be until GOR's expire in 2026. That means that UConn cannot get to the B1G until then. Is that what you are saying?
Here is some hope from Tom Dienhart, senior writer for the BTN:

Of course, a grant of rights could be challenged in court. If there is one thing leagues and universities have a lot of, it’s lawyers to help them get what they want. And, if I have learned one thing in life, it’s that if someone or something REALLY wants to do something, it will find a way to do it—legal agreements or no legal agreements.

The Big Ten, SEC and Pac-12 aren’t in danger of losing schools. The Big 12 may have some vulnerability. The ACC? It’s primed for poaching in an ever-changing conference landscape. It’s all about increasing your TV footprint. And leagues with strong football programs and strong football histories largely are calling the shots. That’s bad news for the ACC, traditionally a basketball league with weak football.

Will this ACC rights agreement really protect it—or any other league? Stay tuned. But, again, know this: What the big boys in life want, the big boys in life usually get—no matter what it says on some legal documents.

- See more at: http://btn.com/2013/04/22/dienhart-...-could-halt-realignment/#sthash.TyV0xGIZ.dpuf

Reaction Score

Of course, a grant of rights could be challenged in court. If there is one thing leagues and universities have a lot of, it’s lawyers to help them get what they want. And, if I have learned one thing in life, it’s that if someone or something REALLY wants to do something, it will find a way to do it—legal agreements or no legal agreements.

The Big Ten, SEC and Pac-12 aren’t in danger of losing schools. The Big 12 may have some vulnerability. The ACC? It’s primed for poaching in an ever-changing conference landscape. It’s all about increasing your TV footprint. And leagues with strong football programs and strong football histories largely are calling the shots. That’s bad news for the ACC, traditionally a basketball league with weak football.

Will this ACC rights agreement really protect it—or any other league? Stay tuned. But, again, know this: What the big boys in life want, the big boys in life usually get—no matter what it says on some legal documents.

- See more at: http://btn.com/2013/04/22/dienhart-...-could-halt-realignment/#sthash.TyV0xGIZ.dpuf
One thing that I have been told when I asked about Dienhart and his comments is this...Tom Dienhart doesn't say anything Jim Delany doesn't approve. Tom Dienhart has mentioned UCONN/B1G as a good fit several times in the past, especially during the men's run last season in the NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
Buddy, you sound unhinged. B12 would surpass the B1G if it had UConn and Cincy, when it didn't with Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado, and Texas A&M? The B1G is counting on Rutgers and MD to keep them afloat? UConn will fall off the face of the earth in 10 years, but NY and New England are lost without us?
I am unhinged, but you may have misunderstood my point...which was UConn cannot wait until 2026 for a B1G invite. Once cable goes a la carte, how many homes in New England are going to pay for the BTN with no regional school represented? Rutgers brings the cable boxes of New Jersey, and New Jersey only, and I am not bashing them. They are clearly thriving in the B1G The only P5 conference that has the capability of expanding in the near future is apparently the B12. I feel that the addition of RU and MD to the B1G, although good adds, will not deliver the NE to the B1G alone. Assuming that the B1G will not be adding UConn soon, then the addition of UConn and Cinci to the B12 would strengthen the presence of the B12 in both the Midwest and all of New England. New England residents will overwhelming watch UConn vs a B12 team in conference than a Big Ten matchup that does not involve any "local" team.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 17h 17 hours ago
I am mere days away from releasing my comprehensive expansion value gadget.

You'll be able to compare your favorite G5 school against other G5 schools & current B12 members using 14 metrics.

The best part... The metrics used are weighted in the same manner the Big 12 & it's TV partners do!

@ToddatEMI
Entertainment purposes only. As research to Quantify the factors that count & why.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV
· 17h17 hours ago
And boys & girls there is a surprising leader at the top of the list. A dark horse that pulls into the lead when all 14 factors are counted.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@mkw_14 According to the numbers it’s 1. UCONN 2. UCF 3. Cincy. Husky hoops skews some numbers.

Kyle Jacobson ‏@_KyleJacobson · 16h16 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Hmm...UConn? Not sure what the 14 factors are, but they seem like somewhat of a dark horse

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@_KyleJacobson 10 year W-L record, Bowl record, avg attend, avg season tix sales, contrib yearly, merchandising, T3 contract, home dma.

Seanbo Sengo ‏@SeanboSengo · 43m43 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @mkw_14 flugempire has been pumping UConn for a long time. Props

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 40m40 minutes ago
@SeanboSengo @mkw_14 UCONN could be 1 to 5 depending on how the B12 would weight strength of football program.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@SeanboSengo @mkw_14 the thing is that UCONN"s numbers are skewed by basketball.

Reaction Score
I am unhinged, but you may have misunderstood my point...which was UConn cannot wait until 2026 for a B1G invite. Once cable goes a la carte, how many homes in New England are going to pay for the BTN with no regional school represented? Rutgers brings the cable boxes of New Jersey, and New Jersey only, and I am not bashing them. They are clearly thriving in the B1G The only P5 conference that has the capability of expanding in the near future is apparently the B12. I feel that the addition of RU and MD to the B1G, although good adds, will not deliver the NE to the B1G alone. Assuming that the B1G will not be adding UConn soon, then the addition of UConn and Cinci to the B12 would strengthen the presence of the B12 in both the Midwest and all of New England. New England residents will overwhelming watch UConn vs a B12 team in conference than a Big Ten matchup that does not involve any "local" team.
Actually if you ref my post a few months ago, an open letter to Texas,
UConn actually has the most Unique characterics especially for UT
Or my Ode to New York New York
The Big 12 is a regional conference in small markets with the exception of Texas
UConn makes that conference national ,doubles the footprint
UConn acedemically is a great fit. Remember UT see itself as an elite acedemic school.
Texas is not forced to give up its Kingdom ,but their Kingdom is doubled.

The Big 12 will become the best BB Conference in the U.S.
Thats a move that could save the big 12
It would really piss-off the ACC and the B1G who might act premtively
Actually the BiG 12 gets more out adding UConn than UConn gets out of joining them versus the ACC,or the B1G.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

This is what I've been saying for a while now; a GoR can be (and probably will be) challenged in court. Will likely result in a financial settlement but no loss of rights. In not ONE instance that a school left a conference did the conferences Media deal get negotiated down. Not once.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I am mere days away from releasing my comprehensive expansion value gadget.

You'll be able to compare your favorite G5 school against other G5 schools & current B12 members using 14 metrics.

The best part... The metrics used are weighted in the same manner the Big 12 & it's TV partners do!

@ToddatEMI
Entertainment purposes only. As research to Quantify the factors that count & why.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV
· 17h17 hours ago
And boys & girls there is a surprising leader at the top of the list. A dark horse that pulls into the lead when all 14 factors are counted.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@mkw_14 According to the numbers it’s 1. UCONN 2. UCF 3. Cincy. Husky hoops skews some numbers.

Kyle Jacobson ‏@_KyleJacobson · 16h16 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Hmm...UConn? Not sure what the 14 factors are, but they seem like somewhat of a dark horse

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@_KyleJacobson 10 year W-L record, Bowl record, avg attend, avg season tix sales, contrib yearly, merchandising, T3 contract, home dma.

Seanbo Sengo ‏@SeanboSengo · 43m43 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @mkw_14 flugempire has been pumping UConn for a long time. Props

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 40m40 minutes ago
@SeanboSengo @mkw_14 UCONN could be 1 to 5 depending on how the B12 would weight strength of football program.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@SeanboSengo @mkw_14 the thing is that UCONN"s numbers are skewed by basketball.

Seems like The Dude is finally awakening to UCONN's value (not that it matters). I pointed out our T3 deal and Apparel licensing deal being in line with the majority of P5 schools. I don't think many people know the value of UCONN's brand outside of this board.

Reaction Score
Pretty sad that it has taken 3 years and the Dude to clear the air.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
PS
Plus they owe it to us
Without CT their might not be a Texas
Stephen Austin's family has deep Connecticut Yankee roots(Durham)
Although his father had gone west ,they sent him back to Ct for his education while still a young boy.(no he wasn't a classmate of mine )
Only a Connecticut Yankee could ,pull off that deal . The poor Mexicans never had a chance.
He is the father of Texas.

CL82

Reaction Score
Seems like The Dude is finally awakening to UCONN's value (not that it matters). I pointed out our T3 deal and Apparel licensing deal being in line with the majority of P5 schools. I don't think many people know the value of UCONN's brand outside of this board.
Or alternatively, he knows that a positive CR mention generates a lot of attention from the Connecticut fanbase. He's the king of trolling. Nah, you are right and he's right. We are big 12 bound!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom