Non-Key Tweets | Page 133 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
So I guess Waylon called into Joe D's then?
I actually heard that call. He didn't laugh him off the air per se, but he made it clear that UConn isn't dropping football under any circumstance.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I actually heard that call. He didn't laugh him off the air per se, but he made it clear that UConn isn't dropping football under any circumstance.

Not they are going to... but if they did Joe D would get the news from Scott Gray.

Reaction Score
I have to believe that schools like UCONN and Cincy know that their futures are somewhere other than The AAC. I can't fathom these schools spending the money on coaches and facilities that they have been recently if their long term futures are going to be games against Tulsa and SMU.

Despite Stimpy and other ACC Fans protest, I still believe there is greater value in Cincy in The ACC than VPI. Cincy provides a new market for TV/recruiting, better basketball, and regional rivalries for Pitt, ND, and Louisville. IMO they will be the fill in for when the inevitable SEC or B1G raid happens. Too much money in TV for both UVA and VPI to stay in the ACC forever.

Hell with Lville in, the illusion of academic integrity has been shattered. Might as well take WVU and UCF and put together a nice conference.

ACC

North- BC, Cuse, Pitt, Cincy, Lville, WVU, UVA, UNC

South- Duke, WFU, NCSU, Clemson, GT, FSU, UCF, Miami

The conference would have decent penetration into the midwest, cover much of the East Coast, still own North Carolina, and be able to lay claim to Florida.

Reaction Score
I have to believe that schools like UCONN and Cincy know that their futures are somewhere other than The AAC. I can't fathom these schools spending the money on coaches and facilities that they have been recently if their long term futures are going to be games against Tulsa and SMU.

Despite Stimpy and other ACC Fans protest, I still believe there is greater value in Cincy in The ACC than VPI. Cincy provides a new market for TV/recruiting, better basketball, and regional rivalries for Pitt, ND, and Louisville. IMO they will be the fill in for when the inevitable SEC or B1G raid happens. Too much money in TV for both UVA and VPI to stay in the ACC forever.

Hell with Lville in, the illusion of academic integrity has been shattered. Might as well take WVU and UCF and put together a nice conference.

ACC

North- BC, Cuse, Pitt, Cincy, Lville, WVU, UVA, UNC

South- Duke, WFU, NCSU, Clemson, GT, FSU, UCF, Miami

The conference would have decent penetration into the midwest, cover much of the East Coast, still own North Carolina, and be able to lay claim to Florida.
Taking Louisville after rejecting WVA for academics had to hurt the folks in Morgantown.
I think they would prefer some Eastern Partners in the Big 12 ,the ACC is a destination only if the B12 is doomed.

Reaction Score
You could laugh at Nelson but the fact is in the state of Connecticut, UConn basketball fans exceed football fans by a significant amount.

If the perception among a majority of basketball fans was that football was leading to the destruction of their favorite programs Waylon's position will become the norm. Coming off a NC it's currently a pretty hard sell.
Making the AAC a better BB conference is clearly an important step in preserving football.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Way too coherent, and way too much Minnesota in the tweets. Too much effort, too long a con for H F D.
He's like a bond villain since he got kicked off the Boneyard. No con is too long, no plan is too convoluted. I'll bet he's hardly out of the basement ( or as he calls it "the evil lair") anymore.
I think it's unlikely. But, say if HFD got a job in the Twin Cities, started following the Gophers, Vikings, Twins in the local papers he could have created the Greg alter ego. It would be too much effort and time for most of us, but then HFD is not most of us.

I would put the probability at 98% that Greg Flugar is an actual Minnesota alum with an interest in CR, but not 100%. The odds of him having high level ACC contacts are much lower, but he manages to sound like he knows peele who know people. Admittedly, that is something you can easily fake, but that doesn't mean I would unfollow him.

Reaction Score
You could laugh at Nelson but the fact is in the state of Connecticut, UConn basketball fans exceed football fans by a significant amount.

If the perception among a majority of basketball fans was that football was leading to the destruction of their favorite programs Waylon's position will become the norm. Coming off a NC it's currently a pretty hard sell.
Making the AAC a better BB conference is clearly an important step in preserving football.

So the myth behind this seems to be as follows: that the football schools would kill their mother and destroy the academic integrity of their institution to make an additional nickel but never, not in a million years, will they stop wanting to share basketball money with schools that don't play big time football and don't create the overall brand that they do.

Sure, keep believing that. And Elvis is still alive. Meanwhile, I will bet on the rational, which is one day these immoral pricks will decide they don't like sharing hoops money with Seton Hall any more than they like sharing football money with Hawaii, South Alabama and Northern Illinois.

Reaction Score
So the myth behind this seems to be as follows: that the football schools would kill their mother and destroy the academic integrity of their institution to make an additional nickel but never, not in a million years, will they stop wanting to share basketball money with schools that don't play big time football and don't create the overall brand that they do.

Sure, keep believing that. And Elvis is still alive. Meanwhile, I will bet on the rational, which is one day these immoral s will decide they don't like sharing hoops money with Seton Hall any more than they like sharing football money with Hawaii, South Alabama and Northern Illinois.

I think towards the end of the game, if allowed to continue, they will not want to share money with Purdue, Wake, etc.

Reaction Score

Sure, keep believing that. And Elvis is still alive. Meanwhile, I will bet on the rational, which is one day these immoral s will decide they don't like sharing hoops money with Seton Hall any more than they like sharing football money with Hawaii, South Alabama and Northern Illinois.

I agree with you. Those creating the most revenue will one day decide they don't appreciate sharing it with those generating the least. What will happen is anyone's guess as The NCAA Tournament is a giant success as currently configured. Just the nature of greed.

Reaction Score
I think towards the end of the game, if allowed to continue, they will not want to share money with Purdue, Wake, etc.

Could be, but you would have to think that they draw the line somewhere in order to fill a schedule.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
junglehusky said:
I think it's unlikely. But, say if HFD got a job in the Twin Cities, started following the Gophers, Vikings, Twins in the local papers he could have created the Greg alter ego. It would be too much effort and time for most of us, but then HFD is not most of us.

I would put the probability at 98% that Greg Flugar is an actual Minnesota alum with an interest in CR, but not 100%. The odds of him having high level ACC contacts are much lower, but he manages to sound like he knows peele who know people. Admittedly, that is something you can easily fake, but that doesn't mean I would unfollow him.

I thought Greg is the Dude, he is attempting to go mainstream.

Reaction Score
Could be, but you would have to think that they draw the line somewhere in order to fill a schedule.

I don't think they kick them out per se, but I am expecting to see a tiered payout and/or performance based payouts.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If Memphis has leap-frogged over us for a P5 invite, I will officially give up.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
How is this any different than a Tennessee version of Scott Gray (Now I have to post the same thread on the 14 other boards :rolleyes:)?

Reaction Score
If Memphis has leap-frogged over us for a P5 invite, I will officially give up.
3a10eb94d0c16a968db0bf2d4e8930555efb4a9c85282008f8eb56eb0de3a35e.jpg

Reaction Score

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
If this was to happen expect an announcement from the B12 saying that they have entered into a longterm sponsorship agreement with FedEx. FedEx has made it very clear to anyone that they are willing to pay to get Memphis positioned in a P5 conference

FedEx is a publicly traded company, and its board has fiduciary duties to its shareholders. Maybe I am missing something, but how does Memphis' athletic conference affiliation affect shareholder value?

Reaction Score
FedEx is a publicly traded company, and its board has fiduciary duties to its shareholders. Maybe I am missing something, but how does Memphis' athletic conference affiliation affect shareholder value?

FedEx ha a relationship with Memphis. Interestingly, the CEO has a masters from USF.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
FedEx ha a relationship with Memphis. Interestingly, the CEO has a masters from USF.

So if Memphis sports suck you drop the relationship. I can't imagine why FedEx profits need to be diverted to support Memphis athletics. If a shareholder were so inclined, there may be a duty of loyalty issue for their board.

Reaction Score
So if Memphis sports suck you drop the relationship. I can't imagine why FedEx profits need to be diverted to support Memphis athletics. If a shareholder were so inclined, there may be a duty of loyalty issue for their board.

The question should be why has FedEx helped Memphis in the past without a shareholder vote. Why does Oregon benefit from Nike or Maryland from UA.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

The founder, CEO and president of FedEx, Frederic Smith, grew up in Memphis. (He went to Yale.)

If he wants FedEx to sponsor Memphis athletics or Joe Gibbs' NASCAR program, FedEx will do that. That's the way it works.

Plus, he's worth about $4B.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom