Non-Key Tweets | Page 132 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Although I think these Twitter nitwits have no idea what they're talking about, I'd agree that profitable networks are good for UConn - if more content equals more money, it's more better.

But I'm stuck on that 15th teams.

I don't see anyone from the P5 being dislodged unless I completely misunderstand the grant of right concept.

The 15th team is either no one or Missouri.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
It's not really a big market, but it's a different market and would you say that Kansas is almost enough of a brand if you're talking about fleshing out network content?

It would be Kansas with UConn. Both have a basketball cache that would put eyeballs on the content.

Reaction Score
It's not really a big market, but it's a different market and would you say that Kansas is almost enough of a brand if you're talking about fleshing out network content?

If I remember correctly, a UConn PSU WBB games was shown on BTN last year and received high ratings. This may have been a surprise. If all UConn content moves to BTN, I am all in and would be willing to pay handsomely if delivered properly.

Reaction Score
It's finally revealed
Nelson you are really HFD ,using Multiple alias's to floods social media.spreading the UConn Gospel.
I would of never guessed it.
Now THAT'S funny! In defense of "Waylon", he's not schizo like HFD & has much better grammar. (And he follows most of the same tv show as I do):D

Reaction Score
Competing internet bloggers have us leaving the AAC and generating more revenue. This is a good thing, right? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If true about the ratings and the resulting impact on ad revenue then the conferences will definitely try and add teams for increased content. I also think Delaney is dying for new blue football blood to improve upon the currently mediocre perception of BIG football. That means Texas and Oklahoma for sure. Those schools, however, have excess baggage. Oklahoma probably can’t go anywhere without OK State and Texas, in all likelihood, can’t leave Tech (although we thought the same with A & M). I gotta think that the dream scenario, within some form of practicality, for the BIG is Texas and Oklahoma, Kansas, UVrApe (too soon?) or Va Tech. That put’s them at 18. Ideally, especially for us the league would fill out with us and one of OK State / Tech / Baylor / or one of the other Texas basterd stepchildren. Also, from a common sense standpoint, I think we offer more than Kansas but by the pre-established rules of CR Kansas gets in over us if it comes to that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If true about the ratings and the resulting impact on ad revenue then the conferences will definitely try and add teams for increased content. I also think Delaney is dying for new blue football blood to improve upon the currently mediocre perception of BIG football. That means Texas and Oklahoma for sure. Those schools, however, have excess baggage. Oklahoma probably can’t go anywhere without OK State and Texas, in all likelihood, can’t leave Tech (although we thought the same with A & M). I gotta think that the dream scenario, within some form of practicality, for the BIG is Texas and Oklahoma, Kansas, UVrApe (too soon?) or Va Tech. That put’s them at 18. Ideally, especially for us the league would fill out with us and one of OK State / Tech / Baylor / or one of the other Texas basterd stepchildren. Also, from a common sense standpoint, I think we offer more than Kansas but by the pre-established rules of CR Kansas gets in over us if it comes to that.

These schools are not breaking a Grant of Rights. It is never happening.

The only schools that any conference can add are either from the SEC or G5 conferences. The SEC is the only major conference that does not have a GOR.

pj

Reaction Score

The only schools that any conference can add are either from the SEC or G5 conferences. The SEC is the only major conference that does not have a GOR.

You speak with too much confidence for somebody who hasn't seen the agreements.

All contracts have termination clauses. If you haven't seen the termination clause, you don't know whether schools might break a Grant of Rights.

The most you can say is that no one is going to move without their media rights. But even that is not totally guaranteed; if compensation continued, then the grant of rights might not prevent a move.

Reaction Score

And schools are tripping over each other to get out of the SEC ... ;)

Reaction Score
I still believe that due to market and stability, the XII is likely to be the conference to fall apart over the ACC in the race to a P4 structure with each having 16 to 20 programs.

That said, say the ACC is the one to fall and gets diced-up by the B1G and SEC with the XII picking-up the crumbs. What about the PAC, who we all agree to survive. With the XII still in once piece, how can the PAC expand to the 16 to 20 member super-conference without picking-off part of the XII? Yes, they can look at SD St, UNLV (untapped market) and maybe Boise St and New Mexico. But, they would be competing with the XII for BYU and other potential partners east of the Rockies. Thus, it's in the best interest for the PAC, who has close ties to the B1G, for the XII to fall.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I still believe that due to market and stability, the XII is likely to be the conference to fall apart over the ACC in the race to a P4 structure with each having 16 to 20 programs.

That said, say the ACC is the one to fall and gets diced-up by the B1G and SEC with the XII picking-up the crumbs. What about the PAC, who we all agree to survive. With the XII still in once piece, how can the PAC expand to the 16 to 20 member super-conference without picking-off part of the XII? Yes, they can look at SD St, UNLV (untapped market) and maybe Boise St and New Mexico. But, they would be competing with the XII for BYU and other potential partners east of the Rockies. Thus, it's in the best interest for the PAC, who has close ties to the B1G, for the XII to fall.

I agree. I think the PAC's geographical situation is always going to be a stressor for the XII's existence and will always have to be considered as a factor in the XII's eventual demise. I think the wise move for the XII should have been to grab Louisville and Cincy. It would have gotten them to 12 and would have helped them carve out a bigger footprint, given WVU some geo-partners and a championship game to boot.

The idea of not wanting to add schools unless they add value to the contract is kind of strange. Regardless of geography the vast majority of schools would not add value to the Big XII contract and the ones that would are not likely to join.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Which one of you guys is Greg Flugaur?
Husky Fan Dan is my guess but speculation about his identity pisses him off. Since he's the best "source" we have lately, I'm willing to go along with that.

Conference realignment prognastication is pretty much like professional wrestling in that with an active suspension of disbelief it provides some minimal entertainment value even no one actually believes that any of it is real. The frustrating part of it is that UConn is always the poor unsuspecting sap getting hit by a chair.

Last edited:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Husky Fan Dan is my guess but speculation about his identity pisses him off. Since he's the best "source" we have lately, I'm willing to go along with that.

Conference realignment prognastication is pretty much like professional wrestling in that with an active suspension of disbelief it provides some minimal entertainment value but no actually believes that any of it is real. The frustrating part of it is that UConn is always the poor unsuspecting sap getting hit by a chair.

We've got one member of the Twitterati proclaiming that UCONN dropping football makes sense. Another guy proclaiming that UCONN is a real player for B1G expansion by 2019-20. Guess which one I'm going to listen to? :)

Reaction Score
As crazy as CR is, there are a few certainties. UCONN is not dropping football, it is not joining NBE basketball, and it will be in a power conference. Eventually. Those are the three musts.

Reaction Score
We've got one member of the Twitterati proclaiming that UCONN dropping football makes sense. Another guy proclaiming that UCONN is a real player for B1G expansion by 2019-20. Guess which one I'm going to listen to? :)
A caller to WTIC Sportstalk last evening wanted to know what UConn's problem was in college realignment. When Joe D. responded that football drives the bus & the Huskies haven't been good the last few seasons, the caller asked Joe what he thought about UConn dropping football altogether & rejoining the Big East. After Joe said that UConn had invested too much in 1-A football to go in reverse he basically laughed the caller off the air.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Conference realignment prognastication is pretty much like professional wrestling in that with an active suspension of disbelief it provides some minimal entertainment value even no one actually believes that any of it is real. The frustrating part of it is that UConn is always the poor unsuspecting sap getting hit by a chair.
Way too coherent, and way too much Minnesota in the tweets. Too much effort, too long a con for H F D.

Reaction Score
BTN ratings are through the roof. They air over 100 MBB games per year. 50+ WBB per year. Good ratings can only be good for UCONN. I think we all agree on that. The emergence of UCONN hockey is also a good thing. Friday Night Ice ratings.

I just hope that we have a competitive football program again by 2019. I think we will.

The thing this emphasis on ratings tends to ignore is that UConn can also grab a good number of cable subscribers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Way too coherent, and way too much Minnesota in the tweets. Too much effort, too long a con for H F D.
He's like a bond villain since he got kicked off the Boneyard. No con is too long, no plan is too convoluted. I'll bet he's hardly out of the basement ( or as he calls it "the evil lair") anymore.

Reaction Score
The never ending story...about two years ago..this was posted on many ACC boards...

Gopher1968.jpg

Nominate | Report
Posted: 11/30/2012 2:59 PM
Re: This article says GT has already been extended a B1G offer
GT is joining the B1G next week.

I will not post on your site until it officially happens...but it's happening.

Congrats.

See you all next week my B1G brothers.

Reaction Score
A caller to WTIC Sportstalk last evening wanted to know what UConn's problem was in college realignment. When Joe D. responded that football drives the bus & the Huskies haven't been good the last few seasons, the caller asked Joe what he thought about UConn dropping football altogether & rejoining the Big East. After Joe said that UConn had invested too much in 1-A football to go in reverse he basically laughed the caller off the air.

So I guess Waylon called into Joe D's then?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom