Non-conference matchups you are looking forward to this season? | The Boneyard

Non-conference matchups you are looking forward to this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Besides the obvious (UCONN-ND) (UCONN-South Carolina), what are some of the non conference matchups that are of interest this season?

Stanford vs UNC will be interesting. I read that Stanford is planning to play more up-tempo this season. Going to be interesting seeing how they fare against the up-tempo athletic cheats from Chapel Hill.

South Carolina at Duke. SCarolina touts its huge front line and deep collection of size off of the bench. Maybe the only team in the country that has more size and depth than the chickens is Duke. First team to 55 wins that game.

Kentucky at Duke. Contrast in styles........ gonna be a huge test for the Duke guards.

Non-conference games Im not looking forward to.... Duke @ UCONN :oops:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to every single Rutgers game, but these are the ones I"m super excited for.

Rutgers @ LSU
UNC @ Rutgers(very winnable imo)
Tennessee @ Rutgers (Let this year be the year that we finally beat the ugly orange)
Rutgers @ Arkansas (Tyler Scaife's home-coming game)

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They are both in the SEC, that isn't non-confrence

Its ok..... i was gonna edit the title to say non-conference OR non-UCONN related games....

Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing Georgia Tech, North Carolina and Notre Dame when they come to play Clemson.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing Georgia Tech, North Carolina and Notre Dame when they come to play Clemson.

You must live in the Upstate

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to Notre Dame at Depaul because it will be my first live D-1 women's basketball game.

Scanning ESPN's schedule, some of the tasty ones I see are:
Baylor at Kentucky
Duke at Texas A&M
South Carolina at Duke
Stanford at Tennessee
Texas at Texas A&M
Kentucky at Duke
Tennessee at Notre Dame

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
UCLA at UNC but mostly UCLA v Texas as I will get to see that one in person and we have more warm bodies this year :cool:

Reaction Score
Tennessee @ND on Jan 19 should be a good one. Good news/bad news=one of them will lose/one of them will win.

Reaction Score
South Carolina and Notre Dame. That will be the measuring stick. If those games don't challenge UConn, nobody will.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to the Tennessee/USC game. This game will tell us all a lot about how good both teams are.
We play you guys before Tennessee, though. I'm looking forward to 18,000 strong at that home game. I have it circled on my calendar, along with aTm and Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Alot of talk going around about SC, ND, and TN being in the mix this year...looking forward to see how they handle their first tough test and whether they rally around it or fold. May put some doubt in their thoughts when the REAL DEAL starts!

Reaction Score
Why does South Carolina play only two ranked non conference opponents? And to answer the topic question.

Stanford vs Tennessee. I have Tara out coaching Holly
Notre Dame vs UCLA. Notre Dame by single digits.
Uconn vs Duke. Uconn by 18 :oops:
Rutgers vs UNC. Scaife vs Gray

Reaction Score
To coler. IMO Rutgers in top 10 will surprise people this year anonymous:)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Notre Dame at Michigan State tomorrow could be interesting........ Okie State at UNC tomorrow as well.

Texas at Stanford on Thursday

Alot of talk going around about SC, ND, and TN being in the mix this year...looking forward to see how they handle their first tough test and whether they rally around it or fold. May put some doubt in their thoughts when the REAL DEAL starts!

:rolleyes:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Well I know Tennessee has beat Penn and ORU. This team just looks diffrent. Balanced scoring, assist - turnover improved, no let up with a big lead. This team hasn't even had a full roster yet this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom