Non-conference games | The Boneyard

Non-conference games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A little information in the Register article today that is under the News Links post above. So they're burying the hatchet with BC? And Kansas would be great.

UConn is close to finalizing its 2013-14 non-conference schedule. According to a source, all that’s left is negotiating whether to play the University of Washington on the road this season, or put it off for another season. The Huskies will play Florida, Stanford, possibly Washington and Maryland, as well as two of either Boston College, Indiana and Washington (again) in the 2K Sports Classic. The program is also working on non-conference games with BC and Kansas in the future.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/...51ae8f684210f269664654.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Reaction Score
I like the possible Kansas games. For some reason I really like them as a program and actually want them to win when I watch them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyone remember the men/women doubleheader with KU? IIRC, that was 17 years ago.

Reaction Score
UConn did a great job scheduling non-conference games this year. Atleast 5, maybe 6 games against teams from power conferences. I think I said this a while back in another thread, but I'd love to see UConn fill out the rest of its non-conference schedule in the future with games against other big New England schools (UMass, URI, BC, PC, etc.) on a yearly basis. We can even play some of these games on the road and I gaurentee UConn fans would travel well. No more cupcakes against schools no one has ever heard of. Save the money that we pay those schools. We'll have an easier conference schedule to pile up wins. The travel expense to play New England schools would cost virtually nothing. And most importantly, UConn needs to form new rivalries.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Anyone remember the men/women doubleheader with KU? IIRC, that was 17 years ago.
Was that the weekend CBS game in the afternoon when we were ranked number one very briefly and got beat pretty badly?

Reaction Score
A home-and-home series with Kansas would be incredible also.

Reaction Score
Was that the weekend CBS game in the afternoon when we were ranked number one very briefly and got beat pretty badly?
That game was 94-95. It was in either January or February and just a disaster from the tip off. I don't remember the final score but they were easily in control the whole time.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That game was 94-95. It was in either January or February and just a disaster from the tip off. I don't remember the final score but they were easily in control the whole time.
Yep, complete disaster. IIRC we lost by 20 or so. We had a group of alums and our respective girlfriends (now wives, and some now ex-wives) together for a weekend away, the centerpiece of which was watching the game together. The utter disappointment from the start just killed the weekend. All us guys were miserable after that.

Reaction Score
I like the possible Kansas games. For some reason I really like them as a program and actually want them to win when I watch them.
I agree that they're generally fun to watch and hard to root against. What I've always wondered is how they recruit so well year in and year out. I know they have a rich history and put kids in the league. But they're still in Kansas and play in a decent but not great conference.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Yes iirc it was a massacre?

Reaction Score
A home-and-home series with Kansas would be incredible also.

going to phog allen is on my college bucket list, would love to get a home and home with them!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Kansas beat UConn by nine thousand. It was just a total mauling. Probably the biggest blowout loss under JC.

Reaction Score
Kansas beat UConn by nine thousand. It was just a total mauling. Probably the biggest blowout loss under JC.
Actually the final score was 88-59. At the time Uconn was 14-0 and may have been ranked #1. Despite the loss, it was a great team that game within one game of reaching the final four. I attended their last game when they lost to UCLA in Oakland, CA.

I think the women won their game vs. Kansas.

Reaction Score
A series with Kansas would be fantastic. I'd like to continue playing PC on a regular basis, too. I have little to no interest in playing BC or UMass unless they're programs become relevent again (I'm opperating under the assumption PC is back to respectibility, though that may be a large leap to make after a couple good recruiting classes).

Reaction Score
No, No! Come to Washington please!! I want to see my favorite team play in live action!!

Reaction Score

I've always respected that program too. Glad Wiggins chose Kansas.

Reaction Score
They should just push off the Washington game until next year and replace that with another quality team. I would rather do it that way instead of playing them twice. Its probably too late but id like for them to start the Kansas home and home this season to replace the Washington game.

Reaction Score
I was in Lawrence a couple of years ago for a football game and didn't care for the town or their fans that much. Kind of a weird crowd out there. The previous year I was in Lincoln for a game and was blown away by how great their fans were. Some of the friendliest people I've ever encountered. Kansas fans were the exact opposite.

Reaction Score
They should just push off the Washington game until next year and replace that with another quality team. I would rather do it that way instead of playing them twice. Its probably too late but id like for them to start the Kansas home and home this season to replace the Washington game.

KU has put together a ridiculous OOC schedule this year, doubt they have room to add right now.

They have Duke, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico, Georgetown, San Diego St, and the Battle for Atlantis.

Reaction Score
Do we know who we will be playing at home in the 1st 2 games of the 2k Sports Classic?

Reaction Score
I was in Lawrence a couple of years ago for a football game and didn't care for the town or their fans that much. Kind of a weird crowd out there. The previous year I was in Lincoln for a game and was blown away by how great their fans were. Some of the friendliest people I've ever encountered. Kansas fans were the exact opposite.
A Michigan friend of mine was down in Lincoln for the Michigan Nebraska football game last year and he said the same thing, said the Nebraska fans were the nicest friends he's run into.

Reaction Score
going to phog allen is on my college bucket list, would love to get a home and home with them!

The Phog is fantastic. It has the feel of a gym that has been around even longer than 60 years and the sight lines are excellent. I got chills walking around in it even when it was empty, would love to return for a UConn game

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Yes, women won and men lost. ugh! The return trip the next year (for the men) at the HCC -- we lost again, but it was down year for us and we had lost Kirk King and Ricky Moore on suspension. Kansas was ranked # 1 and we played them tight the whole game until Kansas was too much in the end -- my freshman year.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Yes, women won and men lost. ugh! The return trip the next year (for the men) at the HCC -- we lost again, but it was down year for us and we had lost Kirk King and Ricky Moore on suspension. Kansas was ranked # 1 and we played them tight the whole game until Kansas was too much in the end -- my freshman year.

The Civic Center was absolutely electric that night.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The Civic Center was absolutely electric that night.
Yes, it was the first time I had seen the Civic Center really bring the noise and I'm not sure it ever got that loud again during my four (well, OK five) years of having student tickets. Not sure if any other game there since has come close... I was at the Indiana game and it was OK, Tennessee it was OK, but I haven't been to every game since I graduated so I can't say for sure. That Kansas game -- I really thought we would win it. Dam you Scott Pollard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom