Nolan, Giffey, Brimah, Facey | The Boneyard

Nolan, Giffey, Brimah, Facey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't think Giffey's shooting form could possibly get any better as it has been so smooth already. But somehow it did. The ball didn't even graze the rim on his shots. He is going to be deadly and will light it up from beyond the arc this year.

Agree with you on Nolan, Brimah and Facey. Nolan looks like our starting center. Has the most complete game in my opinion.

After Daniels. it seems Purvis has the most NBA potential based on size. athleticism, strength and skill set but we will have to wait another year for him to show it. On the more positive side he is going to make our guards work by going against them in practice everyday. I think that will help the us by March. Whoever goes against him in the practice the most will benefit the most. Could be Calhoun or Boatright.

Reaction Score
Brimah.

I've never seen a human being with spider arms.

Guy looked like something out of a horror movie. He was standing almost under the rim at one point when he snagged a ball that was roughly at the 3 point line in the corner.

Only thing like those arms were Manute Bol's, and that guy killed lions with his bare hands! Imagine what Brimah can do, he's much stronger than Bol!!!!

Reaction Score
Niels is going to be an incredible asset this year. He didn't seem to be taking the scrimmage too seriously, but still got offensive rebounds, tip passes, and drilled threes. I guarantee that in the years after he graduates, we'll be wishing for a NG-like guy to do all the small stuff. Cannot wait for this season to actually begin!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Niels is going to be an incredible asset this year. He didn't seem to be taking the scrimmage too seriously, but still got offensive rebounds, tip passes, and drilled threes. I guarantee that in the years after he graduates, we'll be wishing for a NG-like guy to do all the small stuff. Cannot wait for this season to actually begin!

psh, when he's on the bench we'll miss him already. might be my favorite on the team, just a team player.

Reaction Score
Just Win!!!

And reveal to those ACC homers, who are ALL saying that today's ACC MBB conference is the greatest ever. I will sell my soul for a UConn NC #4 and as penace move to Lexington and act as the Squid's personal valet for the next 2 years if my wish comes true.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just Win!!!

And reveal to those ACC homers, who are ALL saying that today's ACC MBB conference is the greatest ever. I will sell my soul for a UConn NC #4 and as penace move to Lexington and act as the Squid's personal valet for the next 2 years if my wish comes true.
Better take valet lessons then.

Reaction Score
It's interesting that whenever anybody involved in the program is asked about the newcomers, Brimah is the first one off their tongue. I don't know how good he's going to be (my guess is he'll be raw), but it wouldn't shock me at this point if he was the best center on the roster simply because of the shots he can alter just by standing in the paint with his arms straight up (no defensive three seconds in college basketball, something UConn has taken advantage of in the past with Okafor and particularly Thabeet).

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
if you go back to some old threads i said that brima will be our best C if given the minutes

Reaction Score
Facey looks very intriguing. It's like he's been practicing putting the ball on the deck and also shooting threes. looks more like a hybrid a la Daniels. Very FAST too

Reaction Score
Giffey looks taller or Facey smaller. Giff is having fun and kicking ass!

He's our 4th quarter weapon, mark my words!

628x471.jpg

Reaction Score
Giffey looks taller or Facey smaller. Giff is having fun and kicking ass!

He's our 4th quarter weapon, mark my words!

628x471.jpg

From being there and looking at the benches I would guess Facey to be in the 6'8" range and Brimah about 6'10"........i know they like to say 7' but I very much doubt it although his arms make up for the height!! Giffster is a solid 6'6 1/2

Reaction Score
It's interesting that whenever anybody involved in the program is asked about the newcomers, Brimah is the first one off their tongue. I don't know how good he's going to be (my guess is he'll be raw), but it wouldn't shock me at this point if he was the best center on the roster simply because of the shots he can alter just by standing in the paint with his arms straight up (no defensive three seconds in college basketball, something UConn has taken advantage of in the past with Okafor and particularly Thabeet).

I like his personality too. He seems like a fun loving guy. I hope he succeeds here.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I like his personality too. He seems like a fun loving guy. I hope he succeeds here.

Just seeing how Amidah danced during his intro you could see the kid is superstoked to get started. Could be a fan fave instantly. Especially if he starts throwing block parties like EO did.

Reaction Score
From being there and looking at the benches I would guess Facey to be in the 6'8" range and Brimah about 6'10"........i know they like to say 7' but I very much doubt it although his arms make up for the height!! Giffster is a solid 6'6 1/2

I saw Facey standing next to Donny Marshall. He looks about 1" or so taller than Donny. I was very impressed with how well both Brimah and Facey ran the court - perfect for KO's up tempo style. Brimah seems like a very outgoing, fun-loving kid. Facey was more serious.

Daniels seems very confident and more aggressive this year. Calhoun was moving very well. Purvis looks like a future star. Olander tried some flashy moves, and the DJ later started to talk about them. KO looked over at him, swiped his hand across his throat and the DJ immediately switched subjects.

BTW - flashiest things of the night were the gold sneakers Daniels wore and the emerald green sneakers Nolan wore. Both really stood out.

Reaction Score
Facey looks very intriguing. It's like he's been practicing putting the ball on the deck and also shooting threes. looks more like a hybrid a la Daniels. Very FAST too
Very impressed with Facey, especially his handle for a guy his size. Amidah moves well for a big. Boy do I wish we had Purvis this year.

Reaction Score
Very impressed with Facey, especially his handle for a guy his size. Amidah moves well for a big. Boy do I wish we had Purvis this year.

Purvis has some real snap to everything he does. It looks like he cane make those 3 pointers... if he's given an extra 3 seconds to shoot. Now, that sounds like a backhanded compliment, but really, defenders can't lay off the kid the way they lay off Rondo. You have to at least respect the outside shot, and as soon as you do, he'll blow by you and flush it.

Reaction Score
I saw Facey standing next to Donny Marshall. He looks about 1" or so taller than Donny. I was very impressed with how well both Brimah and Facey ran the court - perfect for KO's up tempo style. Brimah seems like a very outgoing, fun-loving kid. Facey was more serious.

Daniels seems very confident and more aggressive this year. Calhoun was moving very well. Purvis looks like a future star. Olander tried some flashy moves, and the DJ later started to talk about them. KO looked over at him, swiped his hand across his throat and the DJ immediately switched subjects.

BTW - flashiest things of the night were the gold sneakers Daniels wore and the emerald green sneakers Nolan wore. Both really stood out.

Good news is he's taller than Donny bad news is Donny is pushing 6'6"........

Reaction Score
Purvis has some real snap to everything he does. It looks like he cane make those 3 pointers... if he's given an extra 3 seconds to shoot. Now, that sounds like a backhanded compliment, but really, defenders can't lay off the kid the way they lay off Rondo. You have to at least respect the outside shot, and as soon as you do, he'll blow by you and flush it.

Purvis shot 44% overall, including 38% from 3-land as a freshman. That is awesome for a guard. not sure where the notion that he wasn't a shooter came from?

He will be great for us once eligible. there is no question about that. He is built like a truck.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
purvis is great, i just don't want this guy at pg. RP is a natural born scorer, i want him to play a position were his job is not to run the offense, just let him do what he does best, score. but seriously, he is built like a tank.

Reaction Score
purvis is great, i just don't want this guy at pg. RP is a natural born scorer, i want him to play a position were his job is not to run the offense, just let him do what he does best, score. but seriously, he is built like a tank.

In our offense, 1+2 are completely interchangeable. RP will have the rock in his hands, will be getting in the lane, and will be hitting open 3s.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think I'd rather he suck at it.
As long he leaves the gun and takes the cannolies it will all work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom