Nolan/Facey | The Boneyard

Nolan/Facey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unable to get the game tonight out of town, but noticed in the box score that both players had 7 boards plus scoring. Was it garbage time and if not how did they play?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nolan played great in the first half when the score mattered. Facey just boards every time he is in there.

Something for us fans to look forward to with more consistency next season.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Facey is the most underutilized player on the team. He must not like practice. But in a game he has the best motor on the floor.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Several times I've seen posters compare Facey to Marcus White.

Seems spot on. Neither one is a polished post player (yet) but they just grab boards. And most of the time that's good to have on your team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There is no reason to play Olander over Facey at this point. When Daniels comes back - Facey should be our 3rd guy off the bench behind Giffey and Nolan

Can't agree with you on that. Tonight was a perfect example.

When UConn is up by 30 with 9 minutes to go, I want the ball in TO's hands on the block.

Reaction Score
The whole game was pretty much garbage time, so it's hard to tell. But Facey's rebounding rate has been off the charts all season. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the quality of opponents he's played thus far, but there's definitely some rebounding ability there that we haven't had here in a while. With Facey, Brimah, and Nolan still likely to be around in two years, and Lubin joining the fold, I don't think it will be long before order is restored and UConn starts murdering people on the glass again.

Reaction Score
Several times I've seen posters compare Facey to Marcus White.

Seems spot on. Neither one is a polished post player (yet) but they just grab boards. And most of the time that's good to have on your team.
Damn I hope you're spot on with this. Be nice to have a Dennis Rodman Buck Williams type player on our squad.

Reaction Score
Facey is the most underutilized player on the team. He must not like practice. But in a game he has the best motor on the floor.
Facey really runs the floor well, plays hard, seems to have good rebounding instincts and a decent scoring touch. The one thing I noticed is that he gets beat off the dribble too much . It happened last night 2 or 3 times and resulted in points for Houston. I don't know if that is the reason he doesn't get more playing time but it is what I noticed watching him closely last night. He is going to be a good player for us down the road.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Facey easily has the best hands for our bigs, olander should never play again at least over him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom