Noah Vonleh | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Noah Vonleh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. Well, I'm happy someone finally says this. I remember arguing with some people that Lamb was a 2 star but they just wouldn't take it, he was a four star when they looked so it had to be impossible that he could ever be a two!

Lamb didn't start until his senior year of high school. That is why he was under the radar and was ranked so low. Once he got minutes he flew up the rankings. The 2 star had nothing to do with skill or potential just lack of exposure.

Reaction Score
Lamb didn't start until his senior year of high school. That is why he was under the radar and was ranked so low. Once he got minutes he flew up the rankings. The 2 star had nothing to do with skill or potential just lack of exposure.
Exactly. But UConn went out and got him before the start of his senior season. It was 100% great scouting, and the Paradise Jam helped. Or Peach Jam? I have no clue which tourney it was.

Reaction Score
ya. I wasn't trying to start an argument. I was just pointing out that in regards to talent on the NC teams he had the skill and talent going into college and can be put in the category of highly ranked players. ESPN gave him a little bit of a snub, but other recruiting sources gave him a lot of love.

Reaction Score
Mau -

Rivals had Jamal Coombs-McDaniel rated as the #9 SF and a 4-star kid. Not sure if his ranking jumped after we signed him.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Mau -

Rivals had Jamal Coombs-McDaniel rated as the #9 SF and a 4-star kid. Not sure if his ranking jumped after we signed him.
I'm wondering the same thing. People complained about Duke recruits getting the bump when they were getting recruited or committed to Duke. But JC's rep for finding diamonds in the rough probably offered UConn the same response by recruiters.

Reaction Score
Coombs and Oriakhi both committed after their freshmen seasons. Their rankings meant nothing at the time.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure the 2011 team is the best comparison. We can't count on a 9-9 team in the Big East running the table like that too often.

What about the teams we had that were dominant all year long? 2009? 2006? 2004? I'm pretty sure those teams had some blue-chip recruits among JC's projects. For every Okafor, Armstrong or Thabeet there was a Gordon, Gay or Price.

Calhoun might have been the best spotter/developer of talent in the last 30 years. We don't know if KO will be able to get it done with only guys ranked outside the top 50-100.

If he can, then we shouldn't fret about missing out on all the top guys. But we don't know that yet.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Rankings don't really mean much, as some pointed out already.

But we better tell Bell you're our #1 forward for the next 3-4 years if you commit. Bell is so important right now.

Reaction Score
I think bell is a no go

You're back in the negative know huh? Oh well......next! Thanks 99.....I won't count is as 100% but I think you have some good info!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom