No public preseason practice? Boooooooooooo...... | The Boneyard

No public preseason practice? Boooooooooooo......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have no issue with it. The open practices generally attract the couple hundred whack job die hards (or, most of the BY, me included). If Diaco thinks it's that important for the focus of the team, I can live without making the trek up to Storrs this year.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
In all truth, me too, but it just prevents me from scratching itches until Labor Day weekend - oh well...

Reaction Score
I have no issue with it. The open practices generally attract the couple hundred whack job die hards (or, most of the BY, me included). If Diaco thinks it's that important for the focus of the team, I can live without making the trek up to Storrs this year.
Whack jobs, now that is pretty strong. I have no problem not blowing off a steamy Saturday in August like last year which turned out to be my one and only time to see Richard Lagow in a red jersey. And we all know how that turned out. I'm sure HCBD will be using the time to "hone" the HUSKIES into a mean fighting machine. I would have added lean in that phrase but again we all know how that turned out. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
He talks big but can't coach and he is keeping that secret from the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
It's disappointing, but hardly a big enough deal to get worked up about it.

Reaction Score
Last year's open practice was interesting (being kind). Saw a nasty fight break out right in front of me between a receiver and corner back (forgot the names), Abrams (or was it Adams) going down with a shoulder injury during a 0ne-0n-one blocking drill that looked like something out of Fight Club, and Sean McQuillan getting his bell rung --concussion that held him out several games and ended the open practice.

Stood next to Lagow and Kivon Taylor, they were big dudes, now gone. Anywho, here's a pic from the Courant --any Boneyarders shown there (besides me)? Yeah, we're a bunch of old bags.
9142829.jpeg

Reaction Score
Last year's open practice was interesting (being kind). Saw a nasty fight break out right in front of me between a receiver and corner back (forgot the names), Abrams (or was it Adams) going down with a shoulder injury during a 0ne-0n-one blocking drill that looked like something out of Fight Club, and Sean McQuillan getting his bell rung --concussion that held him out several games and ended the open practice.

Stood next to Lagow and Kivon Taylor, they were big dudes, now gone. Anywho, here's a pic from the Courant --any Boneyarders shown there (besides me)? Yeah, we're a bunch of old bags. View attachment 6406

Ha! I'm in there. Middle of the pic. White hat/blue shirt signing an autograph.

Reaction Score
The fact that we play one of our toughest opponents of the year opening night on national TV probably has a lot to do with it, so does having to learn a new playbook on both sides of the ball. I take this as a sign that Diaco is going to work his arse off to be 1- 0 in August.

I'm disappointed but love it at the same time.

Reaction Score

Stood next to Lagow and Kivon Taylor, they were big dudes, now gone. Anywho, here's a pic from the Courant --any Boneyarders shown there (besides me)? Yeah, we're a bunch of old bags. View attachment 6406
I'm in there too. I'm in back of the guy with the red shirt on, about the 4th guy from the right in back near the fence, blue shirt, blue UConn shorts. My brother is next to me with the grey shirt and jeans.

Reaction Score
At the Buffalo Wild Wings meet and greet in North Haven last month I actually asked Diaco if there would be an open practice in August. He said yes. Maybe he thought I meant open to the media? Oh well, not a big deal for me either.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
He's a first year coach. He needs to gel the team, foster chemistry and, I"m sure, introduce an entirely new playbook. I don't mind the closed month at all.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that expected diaco to bake cookies and hand them out at spring practice

Reaction Score
And here I was hoping we'd get a couple more open practices this year. :rolleyes:

Oh well, we'll see what the policy is next year.

jho

Reaction Score
"I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice. Not a game. Not, not ... Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game, but we're talking about practice, man. I mean,how silly is that? ... And we talking about practice. I know I supposed to be there. I know I'm supposed to lead by example... I know that... And i'm not.. I'm not shoving it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I do. I honestly do... But we're talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We're talking about practice, man. We're talking about practice. We're talking aboutpractice. We ain't talking about the game."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'll give the guy a pass on this one. But the open practice was a good event for fans and I hope he brings it back next year.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Nothing of significance typically happens at open practices. This is a good thing. No distractions 100% focus.

Reaction Score
Give it a rest - what's more important - yarders watching a practice or HCBD setting the preseason tone he feels will produce the best on the field product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom