No need for a conference | The Boneyard

No need for a conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Memphis came within a Chris Douglas Roberts free throw of winning the tournament in 2008. Memphis had no conference so The Squid scheduled aggressively out of conference. The same holds true for Gonzaga and Butler every year. I don't think we really need to be in an elite conference to be elite. Just have to be aggressive in the out of conference scheduling every year.

Reaction Score
When life gives you lemons....... We will play BB. Whatever happens will be. Just keep winning and we'll be at the table.

Reaction Score
Most of us know we've been given a bad hand here. We are in a worst case scenario. After watching Ollie and co make an exciting year out of them lemons I feel we'll be fine. As for FB, the combine opened some eyes. I will say that the ONLY college FB I watch is UCONN. I refuse to support a system that destroyed college athletics.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I agree, mostly because if I don't think positively I might try to swallow a bunch of pills again.
Seriously. Sometimes I find myself just shaking my head in disbelief and disgust.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mike DeCourcy thinks UConn will be fine. And let's be honest, nobody expects we'll be in this conference for too long. We just have to be patient in the mean time. I just hope it happens sooner rather than later so there isn't long term damage to the UConn brand while we wait.

Big East leftovers just as strong as Catholic 7's new conference
That's the issue isn't it? Every day we wait, makes conferences feel more like they are buying from the day old bread aisle. I suspect that the wait be longer than some expect. The ACC has absolutely no incentive to settle with Maryland and every incentive to stretch their departure out as long as possible. (We might have been wise to do the same.) So if people are waiting on the outcome of the Maryland suit, ...we could be here a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom