no fourth NC for Stewie? | The Boneyard

no fourth NC for Stewie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Governor Malloy enacted a state paid travel ban to Indiana for their "religious freedom" legislation and the 2016 FF is in Indianapolis. What a sticky wicket?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Governor Malloy enacted a state paid travel ban to Indiana for their "religious freedom" legislation and the 2016 FF is in Indianapolis. What a sticky wicket?
NCAA pays for FF travel, don't they?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I think you would see the biggest fundraiser by the Boneyard faithful to make sure the Huskies get to the FF in 2016.

Reaction Score
Sorry about that but it could be a possible controversy next season for the FF. and we are suffering here in IN.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I've already decided if the Gamecocks play in the Final Four next year and the NCAA doesn't move it, I'll get a hotel in Cincinnati, park at the LGBT Center in Indy and not spend a dime in the state.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not really political, just stupidity in Indiana and they will pay for it. They may even loose the FF in 2016 because of it. Read the CNN Money article listing many companies that are looking into this new law and will be making adjustments.

Reaction Score
I've already decided if the Gamecocks play in the Final Four next year and the NCAA doesn't move it, I'll get a hotel in Illinois, park at the LGBT Center in Indy and not spend a dime in the state.

Love the idea sir. If you can tolerate a UConn fan and I can make it I might just join you. Seems like that would be a fun carpool. :)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Love the idea sir. If you can tolerate a UConn fan and I can make it I might just join you. Seems like that would be a fun carpool. :)

I changed it to Cincinnati; it's not as far out of the way. :cool:

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
I read the Indiana law... the ACTUAL law and not all the misinformation and opinion about "what it really means." It seems like a lot of fuss about nothing. There is a lot more discrimination in many other states than there is in Indiana, and this law won't change that.

To keep this thread-relevant, the law would allow a private citizen to cite the law as a reason for not serving another private citizen due to religious beliefs (this makes it different from other similarly named laws, no other state allows for it to apply to private citizens), so a hotel or a restaurant could decide it doesn't want to serve any players who are X because X offends their religious beliefs regardless of what X is.

So, a team would have to call ahead to every place it planned to be in Indiana and check to see if there would be a problem, which would be a huge headache. I can't imagine a major hotel chain would allow this to be a problem, but a small hotel near a smaller school hosting an out-of-state school? Definitely could be a problem.

Reaction Score
This is all going to be a moot point..... Indiana is not going to withstand the backlash.... and is already writing up a revision to this law stating its opposition to discrimination of various groups, primarily the gay population

JS

Reaction Score
The topic of the possible effect of the Indiana law (and its revision-in-the-making) on the location of future NCAA events is relevant.

Please stick to that. Several blatantly political posts -- including what some people think of either governor -- have been removed.

If you're inclined to call one governor a bigot or the other a communist (believe it or not it happened) we would remind you of the availability of the Cesspool.

Reaction Score
Move it to Storrs.
Move it anywhere. We're still getting a good dose of Indianapolis as a final four site because a former NCAA president took too good care of his home state. Do we need to schedule these so far in advance? The south is a better place to spend Easter.

Reaction Score
To keep this thread-relevant, the law would allow a private citizen to cite the law as a reason for not serving another private citizen due to religious beliefs (this makes it different from other similarly named laws, no other state allows for it to apply to private citizens), so a hotel or a restaurant could decide it doesn't want to serve any players who are X because X offends their religious beliefs regardless of what X is.

So, a team would have to call ahead to every place it planned to be in Indiana and check to see if there would be a problem, which would be a huge headache. I can't imagine a major hotel chain would allow this to be a problem, but a small hotel near a smaller school hosting an out-of-state school? Definitely could be a problem.
The law would be thrown out in a court challenge, which is what will likely happen if they don't change it.

JS

Reaction Score

No, it could not. Read the new Indiana statute: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2015/bills/senate/101#document-92bab197

Etc. Etc.
We are NOT here to debate the statute -- including the political motivations behind it or behind people's interpretation of it.

Ocoandasoc, you've put a considerable amount of effort into this now deleted post. A copy is available, in case you didn't make one, so you can post it elsewhere, such as on the Cesspool, if you wish.

Again, the topic is relevant. It's in the sports section of the CT Post this morning, including comments from Geno. The NCAA part of the story isn't nearly over.

But keeping the politics out of it, without more cooperation, is a chore, and we're tiring of it. Please don't force the lock into place, folks.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Move the 2016 WCBB Final 4 to Charlotte. It would be great there

Do you know how many USC fans would be at that Final Four if we were in it? It is only 1:15 from my house on the north side of downtown Columbia to downtown Charlotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom