No 3-4 and little spread offense in the spring game. | The Boneyard

No 3-4 and little spread offense in the spring game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was a surprise, The D came out in a 4-3 and pretty much remained in it for the entire game.

There were 3 wides on some O plays but it was basically a pro set offense.

I still think we will see the 3-4 versus BYU. Not sure about the line splits or 5 receiver sets.

Reaction Score
Thought we had a lot of plays with a LB with a hand on the ground. Not sure if it was just me or not.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

There was also a noticeable lack of downfield shots. I recall one. And the receiver cut off the route and the QB went deep.

I just think that Diaco decided to keep his cards close to the vest.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There was also a noticeable lack of downfield shots. I recall one. And the receiver cut off the route and the QB went deep.

I just think that Diaco decided to keep his cards close to the vest.
It wouldn't surprise me. At the same time, the game was head, shoulders, and torso above last years. 25 minutes of running the ball out of the end zone.

Reaction Score
TDHusky is going to have an aneurism.

Diaco is recruiting size. He has said the running the ball "travels well". Cummings says we want to be balanced.

The Diaco offense is going to look a lot like the Edsall offense, but with much better QB play overall.

The single biggest factor in a lack of dynamic offensive play under Edsall and PGDL was the lack of consistent QB production. I think this all changes in the coming years.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Any good offense has to have balance. Spread offenses were successful for awhile, before defenses had adjusted to them (not just schemes, but having enough corners, cover safeties etc.). It's a gimic offense. I think a pro-style offense with multiple looks and sets, and a solid running game are better for long term success, and are more flexible for game planning against different defenses. What Cummings describes sounds to me like the Patriots' offense.

Reaction Score
That was a surprise, The D came out in a 4-3 and pretty much remained in it for the entire game.

There were 3 wides on some O plays but it was basically a pro set offense.

I still think we will see the 3-4 versus BYU. Not sure about the line splits or 5 receiver sets.
Or they could stay with the 4 that played very well by all accounts. Whatever changes are coming won't be overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom