Niels Giffey Commits to UCONN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Niels Giffey Commits to UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One thing about Giffey is when Kromah 'took' his starting position, he didn't pout or withdraw. He won it back and some.

Reaction Score
"The Huskies now have six freshmen coming in: Giffey, Roscoe Smith, Jeremy Lamb, Shabazz Napier, Tyler Olander and Michael Bradley. "

No burger boys here. At the time, who among us would ever have predicted this would be our most accomplished freshman class ever?

Great point. No burger boys but we ended up with three two time champions, (likely) two first round picks, a top 5 rebounder (albeit for a different team), a bearded kaiser, one of the five greatest rappers of all time (in no particular order - Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, and Olander)..........and Michael Bradley.

Reaction Score
Very talented, humble, no non-sense, smart, glue-type of player.

Very very happy to have Niels as part of the Husky Family and sad to see him move on BUT I think I'll be seeing more of him in the pro's. He's the type of player who can do so many things to make himself valuable to a team and keep him around the LEague for a decade (ala HCKO).

Reaction Score
I love how Giffey is so laid back, as much as you need fiery leaders you do need quit leaders as well. I like how on that 3 point play against Florida he just points non chalantly it made me laugh.

Reaction Score
How many college kids have 2 national championships. I can only think of the Florida guys.. Noah, Horford.. etc. and the Duke guys... Laettner, Hurley, Hill. 64 team era of course. That's it. Just amazing.

How many have done it with 2 different coaches, of course all the circumstances our guys went through all goes without saying.

Reaction Score
Kind of makes up for the heartache of Nadav leaving after only one year.

Reaction Score
Niels definitely falls into my favorites of all time. Guy did anything and everything that was asked of him. Took every challenge and bit of adversity head on. Crazy to think he only played 25 minutes a game this year, made every single one count.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
How many college kids have 2 national championships. I can only think of the Florida guys.. Noah, Horford.. etc. and the Duke guys... Laettner, Hurley, Hill. 64 team era of course. That's it. Just amazing.

Whoever played for Kentucky in 96 and 98 too.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
better than Dove?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure everyone else would be back to back too

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
That's right. Those guys won 2 championships in 3 eligible years with 2 coaches. Amazing. Thank you Mr. Giffey!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I watched the second half the National Championship game tonight. Giffey checked Randle for the last 10 minutes or so without much help. They briefly switched into a matchup zone, but basically Giffey had him 1 on 1. Giffey was mustar d that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom