NHL Lockout | The Boneyard

NHL Lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How is Bettman even the commish after 1 let alone doing nothing to avoid this what seems to be inevitable next.

this video caught my eye and I know not alot of NHL fans are on the boneyard...the few that do appreciate the sport will love this video.

Reaction Score
How is Bettman even the commish after 1 let alone doing nothing to avoid this what seems to be inevitable next.
Because he serves the interests of the owners very well.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Because he serves the interests of the owners very well.
Yup. Not his job to serve the interests of the fans. Of course if you screw the fans over enough you'll see massive dips in attendance. Another lockout will further hurt the league. Not sure how many more times it can happen before every team starts just losing money.

Reaction Score
Yup. Not his job to serve the interests of the fans. Of course if you screw the fans over enough you'll see massive dips in attendance. Another lockout will further hurt the league. Not sure how many more times it can happen before every team starts just losing money.
Most of the fans will come back. There's no question about that. Unless a new league forms.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Most of the fans will come back. There's no question about that. Unless a new league forms.
Of course. I just wish it wouldn't happen that way.

Great video by the way.

Reaction Score
I haven't followed the NHL lockout at all (beyond this thread), but that video is terrific. Really, really well done.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The NHL has been its own worst enemy since before WWII and will never become a big time sports league unless it changes from its mentality (which appears to be a fear of becoming big time). I have a laundry list a mile long of decisions the NHL has made over the decades which have done nothing other than limit its potential which I will share at another time.

What I view as unconscionable is the contracts that teams have been throwing around to players this summer basically under the assumption that they would only be on the hook for ~70% of it once this lockout is settled. If the Minnesota Wild were truly able to offer Parise & Suter $100mm each, there should be no reason for this lockout. If they weren't, then there was a serious misrepresentation to the players when the contracts were offered.

I'm convinced that teams (who were under the cap) went into this off season thinking "offer them whatever they want, we'll only end up paying 70 cents on the dollar".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom