Next year's top-10 players - ranked by The Athletic | The Boneyard

Next year's top-10 players - ranked by The Athletic

Reaction Score
They have Juju 1 and Paige 2, showing the authors' (Sabreena lives in LA) bias and limited knowledge. :mad:

Sabreena routinely ranked UConn late teens in her many rankings in Feb/Mar.

The Athletic has some of the best writers and coverage of college basketball with in-depth articles (like the one on Geno - great read), but also has some recently-out-of-college writers who don't seem to understand the history and pedigree of UConn and Geno.

Here's hoping for an injury-free and undefeated season next year!

1712938851842.jpeg

Reaction Score
They have Juju 1 and Paige 2, showing the authors' (Sabreena lives in LA) bias and limited knowledge. :mad:

Sabreena routinely ranked UConn late teens in her many rankings in Feb/Mar.

The Athletic has some of the best writers and coverage of college basketball with in-depth articles (like the one on Geno - great read), but also has some recently-out-of-college writers who don't seem to understand the history and pedigree of UConn and Geno.

Here's hoping for an injury-free and undefeated season next year!

View attachment 99542
Thanks for sharing. I'm not sure exactly what they mean by star. I do but don't at the same time. Like I didn't get y Lauren Betts and Aneesah Morrow were not on the list but some of their teammates were. Georgia Amore was left of the list. Reagan Beers. Idk I was disappointed as I do think the Athletic does quality work.

Reaction Score
Nope. Flaujae before Milaysia. Like 'em both but FJ is the better 2 guard on both ends of the court. And how is Beers not even on the list but Stuelke is????

Reaction Score
Azzi should be in if she is healthy ...........

Reaction Score
A $1 for anyone who can figure out how they came up with this list. For example, Fulwiley is undeniably exciting, but...she has the 2nd to last FG % on the team and the lowest of the guards. Maybe Pao Pao or Raven shoud be on here?

Reaction Score
A $1 for anyone who can figure out how they came up with this list. For example, Fulwiley is undeniably exciting, but...she has the 2nd to last FG % on the team and the lowest of the guards. Maybe Pao Pao or Raven shoud be on here?
So this was my whole thing about the article. It's confusing because it didn't necessarily say the 10 best players but instead the 10 stars for next season. I think Ashlyn Watkins may be SC's best player but I think Fulwiley is a bigger star. Similarly for UCLA, I think Betts is their best player, but Kiki Rice is Jordan brand and may be a bigger star. I'm guessing, and I don't really know how to quantify it or how they assess this but that's their reasoning for why they put out.

Reaction Score
I think that they drew random names out of a hat.

Reaction Score
The whole article is interesting. I appreciate the writer for sharing their view point but we all know, that Top 10 list is going to be different for a lot of people. Some great talent on that list but a lot of talent was left off the list.

Reaction Score

They put all of the names on a dart board and if a dart landed on your name, then you made the list.

$1 please....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom