Next year we win these games. | The Boneyard

Next year we win these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No players to blame even though their were some bonehead plays. They played a ton of minutes.

It's inexperience, the biggest reason i think we couldn't get the victory these last couple of games and a few others. They tried today and did well without our best player. Its obvious we have a good team and even better team than Cincy. It may be good we are not in the Tourney(s) as this team needs another year.

Next year looks very good, better than I initially thought.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I hope you're right but really disagree on it being good we're not in the tourney -- win-or-go-home experience is crucial

Reaction Score
Will the refs take away crucial baskets in the final minutes next year though? I'm kind of tired of it. From goaltends to flagrant fouls to 2 points taken away for the refs not lining the players up correctly, it's getting old.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how everyone is against Uconn; refs, conferences, the NCAA, networks etc. What is up with that?

Reaction Score
Will the refs take away crucial baskets in the final minutes next year though? I'm kind of tired of it. From goaltends to flagrant fouls to 2 points taken away for the refs not lining the players up correctly, it's getting old.

Yea, I am kind of with you on this. We certainly will be good enough all things being equal, but I am not sure we are so good that poor, if not downright biased, officiating can be overcome.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how everyone is against Uconn; refs, conferences, the NCAA, networks etc. What is up with that?

We are in no-mans land. At this point we are nobody's team. Some of it is just bad luck and coincidence. Not all.

Reaction Score
There is no next year. In college the teams change so dramatically from one year to the next, that making any prediction about next year is useless.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Today was beyond ridiculous, really. After the absolute clean block by Daniels was whistled for a foul (after all the other bad calls of the day), I finally accepted the fact that the Big East office had told the refs to insure that Cincy gets into the big tourney. No risk, since we aren't going either way. Disgusting...

Reaction Score

So, you too thought it wasn't a goaltend?

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Feeling like coach in this picture after the endings of the last two...

Ollie.jpg

caw

Reaction Score
Brightside was the play of Nolan and Daniels. Daniels needs to work from the post a bit more though. Defense was decent all game.

Reaction Score
Brightside was the play of Nolan and Daniels. Daniels needs to work from the post a bit more though. Defense was decent all game.

We missed a ton of 3s today.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Defense was mostly good but that stretch where we gave up a bunch of threes in succession gave me Georgetown flashbacks.

D

Deleted member 3149

There is no next year. In college the teams change so dramatically from one year to the next, that making any prediction about next year is useless.
Dumb comment. When a team returns everyone including one of the best players in the country, they are 99% of the time going to be successful. Maybe not win a title, but this team has the potential.

Reaction Score
No players to blame even though their were some bonehead plays. They played a ton of minutes.

It's inexperience, the biggest reason i think we couldn't get the victory these last couple of games and a few others. They tried today and did well without our best player. Its obvious we have a good team and even better team than Cincy. It may be good we are not in the Tourney(s) as this team needs another year.

Next year looks very good, better than I initially thought.
I think you are right. Our young guys need another year to fill out and get stronger and we will be adding some length.If Bazz returns and I he will, we should be very good.

Reaction Score
Nolan needs to add a little weight but Daniels just needs to get stronger. He has really upped his D the past few games and if a couple of his threes went in today we win. If he get's stronger and a bit quicker he will be very hard to stop. Nolan brings something Olander struggles with and that is getting up and down the floor. Nolan should give us some of the big man speed we used to see in our better teams.

Reaction Score
When Nolan dropped off that nifty no look to DD I was beyond surprised/happy. He still needs to work on his positioning on both sides of the court when he definitely has a future.

Reaction Score
There will be no Chill given next year.. All hands on deck, Ten toes in! It could get real next year..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom