Newton and Spencer | The Boneyard

Newton and Spencer

Reaction Score
Love that he had been coming out last. What an animal. Besides Clingan, I’ve felt he was our most important, which feels weird to actually say.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Best 1-2 guard combo?

Man we are gonna miss these guys terribly

Glad they got to become legends
I can't go with Newt as best PG ever, but I can make a case for Newt/Cam being the best backcourt, even over Bazz/Boat. I simply think the two of them could do more things, protect the ball better, organize the puppies, rebound like crazy, and especially in Cam's case, have a ridiculous BBIQ.

Reaction Score
I can't go with Newt as best PG ever, but I can make a case for Newt/Cam being the best backcourt, even over Bazz/Boat. I simply think the two of them could do more things, protect the ball better, organize the puppies, rebound like crazy, and especially in Cam's case, have a ridiculous BBIQ.
Newton’s got a high BBIQ, too. He kept his composure late in the shot clock many times, especially the one to AK for that corner 3. When u watch the game film, he always knows who the open player is a few seconds before it happen. His passing is really good and underrated.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Newton’s got a high BBIQ, too. He kept his composure late in the shot clock many times, especially the one to AK for that corner 3. When u watch the game film, he always knows who the open player is a few seconds before it happen. His passing is really good and underrated.
No doubt Newt has a high BBIQ. I said "especially" for Cam as he seems to me on another level with split-second decision making and taking advantage of every weakness he sees. For lack of a better analogy, I see him as Yadier Molina, who simply took advantage of every angle he could to get an edge - probably the most heads-up, cerebral, and competitive catcher of the 2000s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom