News Conference: Connecticut Elite Eight Preview | The Boneyard

News Conference: Connecticut Elite Eight Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Did Stewie just drop a hint about Morgan's plans? When answering John A's question about Schaefer's comment about competing with WNBA teams, Stewie talked about the differences between college and pro and said "it's something the three of us -- or the two of us are going to have to make this coming year."

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Did Stewie just drop a hint about Morgan's plans? When answering John A's question about Schaefer's comment about competing with WNBA teams, Stewie talked about the differences between college and pro and said "it's something the three of us -- or the two of us are going to have to make this coming year."
I absolutely caught that. Hmmm, very curious...

For me, this may be the best press conference answers and observations I have ever seen/heard from Geno.
Very insightful, thoughtful, etc...
And I think Dan Shaughnessy lit a fire! :eek:

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
I would also say that if you know anyone that knocks the women's game, give them the link to this and tell them to watch the last 5 1/2 mins. Brilliant!!

Reaction Score
Stewie is really feeling comfortable behind the mike. She'll never been Rebecca or Dee (who is?), but she's become a confident communicator. Very much in control.

And she is definitely hedging about Morgan. What a game changer that would be!

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Stewie's response to the question about beating a WNBA team was brilliant. That was a potential trap question and she handled it so thoughtfully, so well.

Reaction Score
The Texas newspaper guy keeps asking questions intended to ferret out Geno's game plan. Transparent.
Geno could give a powerpoint presentation on the game plan and it wouldn't matter. The guy invites opposing coaches to his practices.
As he says at minute 28, it's the pace that shocks opponents.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Well, if what she said first was a slip, that was one of the greatest, most seamless recoveries I've ever seen. Nothing in her face--a blush, a smile--betrayed her. She is very composed.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The Texas newspaper guy keeps asking questions intended to ferret out Geno's game plan. Transparent.
He's from Houston, so is as likely to be a hater of TX teams as a supporter.

WOW - What a passionate and powerful final answer from Geno! Good throughout the press conference, but that last answer was beautiful!!!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
yup... I hate the comparison to Bill Russell, Wooden or any other man!

Reaction Score
I loved Stewie's answer on how to handle her- get me in foul trouble and beat the crap out of me(my words). That might have worked 2-3 years ago but not now. She is better at handling the physical play and the refs will start to give her some calls if it gets out of hand. Plus, who on Texas can beat her up? She does not play their center who will have to deal with Morgan, probably one of the toughest player in women's BB.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I thought Breanna in her tone and the way she seamlessly but definitively adjusted her repsnse,
was the big newsmaker today.
The head should read: Stewie says Morgan is Staying.

Not sure if its true though...:)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Not exactly soft-ball questions...
I especially related to the response to the question of whether he is ever truly satisfied.
His answer exemplified his "wanderlust" towards unobtainable perfection.
Admittedly harder on his charges than he is on himself.

I recall having that sensation back in the 80's...but he is admired for those feelings and I was despised.

Thinking of other friends and colleagues in the music biz that were possessed by similar deacons.
Julius Rudel for example, suffered the fate of being hated and despised...until a light bulb went on (he used to say that my orchestra and me showed him a new path) and he mellowed into one of the kindest, gentlest and still fabulous conductors of the last several decades.

Levine I think, has the Geno touch...always striving but beloved.
So much so that as his body and mind disintegrate in full public view.
The (best in the world orchestra) that he created, covers for him and wills him on.
Not for much longer one thinks

Sorry to digress.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno could give a powerpoint presentation on the game plan and it wouldn't matter. The guy invites opposing coaches to his practices.
As he says at minute 28, it's the pace that shocks opponents.
Diana, Maya, and Sue commented at the beginning of the tourney as to why UConn is so dominant. Sue, who is now in broadcasting during the winter, said she has been to a lot of other teams' practices and doesn't see any that measure up in terms of focus, speed, and intensity.

Reaction Score
I absolutely caught that. Hmmm, very curious...

For me, this may be the best press conference answers and observations I have ever seen/heard from Geno.
Very insightful, thoughtful, etc...
And I think Dan Shaughnessy lit a fire! :eek:
I thought this was great. Very thoughtful questions and then they just let Geno go with it. I thought the question as to why he is so driven to never be satisfied was very revealing.

Reaction Score
I thought Breanna in her tone and the way she seamlessly but definitively adjusted her repsnse,
was the big newsmaker today.
The head should read: Stewie says Morgan is Staying.

Not sure if its true though...:)

I made a very similar observation regarding Stewart's remarks on the 'Ademic: Geno had blunt response...' thread. At first my reaction was has she inadvertently revealed some news? - but it may just be she is being respectful to Tuck, not wishing to reveal, or even assume, Tuck's decision on her immediate future plans - at least not before Tuck has the media spotlight to do so herself. In any case, Stewart's comments were artfully "either/or" ambiguous on that subject.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc