New York City | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New York City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cannot find this link on here, so I'll just post it. USA Today has spoken.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/05/06/5-...-added-that-were-better-options-than-rutgers/
Thanks for the share but I did'nt see much sense in it?? L'ville to the B1G? Cuse? BC,I think even the ACC is questioning that move 10 yrs later their less signifigant even here in Boston!!UConn who wasnt even a candidate, AAU let alone contiginous or endorsed by PSU whom I believe was a major concern? Since RU was added now we(UConn) are a serious consideration...I wonder?? Hmmm. Sounds like a writers(Duffy)opinion not a well or educated researched story?? Did he mention the work and research put into the B1G adds? How about a story about smarter moves that the ACC or Swoffy might've made? Give us something new. I guess in a slow news month this will have to do but its over an they'll have to live with it when the move proves valuable(it already has) to the B1G in every way....will Cuse,Pitt prove the same to the ACCN? Sorry I bothered to click it when the NSL prints the same garbage here.Chreest everyone knew that move was coming for awhile who knew anyone locally(see Cuse,Pitt to ACC) and acted on it!! Now THAT would be a story!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If there isn't a UCONN banner draped over that obnoxious Syracuse College Team ad at our Army game, then I will be very disappointed.
Agreed...someone needs to buy that strip of seats right above the Cuse banner, let one of the camera guys know and key in on that banner unraveling after UConn scores a TD...timing is everything and put it all over sportscenter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All great stuff, I don't want to be a Debbie Downer...but where is the money coming from to pay for all this advertising?

It not like we have 20 million dollars a year coming our way.

Reaction Score
All great stuff, I don't want to be a Debbie Downer...but where is the money coming from to pay for all this advertising?

It not like we have 20 million dollars a year coming our way.
Gotta spend money to make money...way of the world...or we could just sit on our wallets and resign ourselves to being small potatoes.

Reaction Score
None of those schools were better options than Rutgers. For the B1G model, of those schools Rutgers is most attractive, UConn 2nd, and Missouri 3rd. The other 3 aren't attractive at all.
I already know. Was just posting because it was an opinion from a major national media outlet. And they put us as #1.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The ACC and Big Ten subsidize their programs advertising in New York City.

If you want UConn to sponsor the Yankee postgame show, write a check or put Aresco in a headlock.

Reaction Score

If you want UConn to sponsor the Yankee postgame show, write a check or put Aresco in a headlock.
I'm just the ideas guy. This needs to go to somebody in finance...or the AAC's WWE liaison.

Reaction Score
Because the B1G and the ACC are now the teams in the Pinstripe Bowl, the rotating adds behind the batter rotate between ACC and B1G after each inning. Makes me sick, also Syracuse has invested $ into advertising. They even had a Syracuse Day at the Stadium.

Reaction Score

If I remember correctly, UCONN is mentioned every time SNY self-promotes, i.e. "so-and-so with the Jets, such-and-such with the Mets and what's-her-name with UCONN." That promo runs at least once during every SportsNite. In addition, the UCONN Logo flashes throughout the broadcast day. I've never counted UCONN mentions, but it's worth noting that SNY is promoting UCONN because UCONN provides programming paid for, mostly, by SNY.

Another thing. I realize that the Advertising business has changed dramatically, but there was a time when you couldn't visit a major Madison Avenue firm without running into senior managers who were Cuse grads. This included both the business and creative sides. It's been a long time since my peripheral involvement in ad purchasing, but I can't believe there are not significant numbers of Cuse grads in the business. It's one of the things that's always worried me about any Cuse vs. UCONN perception comparisons. The Mad Men days are pretty much gone. Maybe they took the Cuse grads with them.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm just the ideas guy. This needs to go to somebody in finance...or the AAC's WWE liaison.

It actually is one of the challenges for the American.

Especially after realignment, a lot of conferences do not have a readily apparent center - the Big East, of course, was New York City. Despite the self-promotion, the ACC and Big Ten are both pretenders to that throne, but they can at least point to centers in NC and Chicago.

The American really is nowhere. It's so randomly flung that it doesn't really have a place to call home - that's a marketing challenge that I hope we do not have to be party to for very much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom