New UGA coach: Joni Crenshaw | The Boneyard

New UGA coach: Joni Crenshaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Congrats to the Lady Bulldogs for hiring within. If the young lady has been with the program for a few years, just keep it in-house and go from there. Good luck, Ms. Crenshaw and to the Lady Bulldogs. Glad that we are keeping Shea

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Notre Dame avoids losing Niele Ivey for possibly another year. Don't think this is a slam dunk hire, but only time will tell. Joni has been at Georgia for 4 years and hasn't been able to stop the exodus of elite HS talent. Will have to see if she's able to, now that she's the Head Coach.
I tend to agree. It's not like Georgia has had so much recent success so continuing with the "tradition" would have seemed like a fantastic idea. But as you said, time will tell. I root for them to improve as South Carolina has done. Would love to see Tennessee pushed further back into the SEC.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
May be best for the program to keep it in-house. Also, avoids some of the "following a legend" issues of bringing in an outsider. And if she doesn't do great, then you can go shopping if you are willing to spend.

Reaction Score
May be best for the program to keep it in-house. Also, avoids some of the "following a legend" issues of bringing in an outsider. And if she doesn't do great, then you can go shopping if you are willing to spend.
I feel badly For Kenny Brooks is star is bright but hidden under the JMU basket. I must say I happy/unhappy Shea will not be leaving yet, but she didn't get the job. Supreme beings work in wondrous ways--

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Kenny is in now way hidden. He pulled himself out of contention early on....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And it's no longer April 1. I'm surprised. Best wishes to Joni. I see that, among other things, she continues Andy's tradition of having nice hair. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
With the focus on Justin Spieth this weekend for a moment I thought it read Ben Crenshaw. Huh, never knew he loved basketball.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I wish her luck at Georgia. If she can keep a good bit of their in-state talent she will do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom