New to the board | The Boneyard

New to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hi all! Just thought I'd introduce myself since you might see me popping up here and there :D

My name is Kristin, and I've been a "lurker" for about 2 or 3 years. My dad got me into uconn basketball when I was 8. We watched almost every game together since then, but he sadly passed away in June. So I figured since no one else I know shares my love for the program, why not start joining in on the conversations here :) I look forward to sharing my thoughts and reading yours!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Great to see your post, Kristin.
Sorry for the loss of your dad.
Since you've been lurking you already know you'll find a welcoming family of UConn WBB lovers here.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Good to have you on board!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Since you've been lurking you already know you'll find a welcoming family of UConn WBB lovers here.

And that welcoming family won't get catankerous until about your third post. :rolleyes:

OTOH, when UConn is winning, the pleasanties may last until mid-season. ;)

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Welcome to this beautiful madness, Kristin. You couldn't have been led to a better model for basketball excellence than the program we enjoy here. Enjoy!

Reaction Score
Hi all! Just thought I'd introduce myself since you might see me popping up here and there :D

My name is Kristin, and I've been a "lurker" for about 2 or 3 years. My dad got me into uconn basketball when I was 8. We watched almost every game together since then, but he sadly passed away in June. So I figured since no one else I know shares my love for the program, why not start joining in on the conversations here :) I look forward to sharing my thoughts and reading yours!

Sorry for the loss of your Dad Kristen. I hope some of that emptiness from losing your Dad can be filled by continuing to follow and talk about the team you both loved..... UConn WCB.

Welcome to the forum!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Welcome aboard. Hope to see you posting here frequently. BUT

just so you can't say you were never warned......

31360-Monty-Python-run-away-OY3w.jpeg

:D

Reaction Score
Welcome Kristin,
My dad also passed in June, so sorry for your loss. This wonderful program has gotten me through 21 miserable winters and the information and discussion's on this site are terrific. Best women's basketball board in the world.

Reaction Score
Welcome Kristin! Don't be afraid to post your opinion on a topic even if it is different then other posters. That is why we have message boards.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Welcome Kristin. Sorry to hear about the passing of your father. Your dad raised you the right way! Every UCONN game? The next game is Monday -a bunch of us will be right here to pickup right where your dad left off. Jump right in and enjoy you don't have to wait until game time.

Reaction Score
A warm welcome to you, Kristin. If you're seeking the company of some fellow fans who know a little something about WCBB in general, and UConn WCBB in particular, you've come to the right place. We know as little as anyone! That fact notwithstanding, we are NEVER loath to assert our opinions, and do not confine ourselves to the aforementioned topics, as, for example, our recent thread on greatest love songs will attest (my vote: "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'") So, grow an extra layer of skin and jump in. The water is sometimes murky and turbulent, but mostly fine!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Welcome Kristen!

As others have said, this is a great forum for discussing UCONN women's basketball and women's basketball in general.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Hi Kristin, welcome to the Boneyard. We look forward to reading your posts.

Reaction Score
Hey, Kristin!
Sorry about your dad. I think you'll find the BY a pretty welcoming place. So....welcome!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kristin, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss (and yours, Paul.)

I'm glad you decided to post. The first post is the hardest, so, now that that's out of way, we look forward to you joining in on the conversation!

T

TroyHouse66

Aloha, Kris
Welcome aboard, good to see a newbie in the Bone Yard reserved seating.
I'm at the far end of the UConn basketball chain, (and the middle of the Hawaiian Island chain), ...Honolulu.
If the commute wasn't soooooo long, (13 hours to Bradley Field from here), I'd offer to take you to a live game. But, there are probably closer BYers that will claim that honor.
Stay warm... Have a good Thanksgiving...
Larry
UConn '69

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Welcome, Kristin. I just joined the Boneyard after years of reading and enjoying the insights and give and take. Thus far, I've enjoyed it and found my posts are taken on their own merit...even if I do come at this as an ND backer (but UConn admirer and fan of Womens' B-Ball).
Of course, that may be a little rocky when the Irish head up to Conn in a few weeks :)

Sorry for your loss...hope this involvement helps. Enjoy the season!

Reaction Score
Welcome Kristin.
Sorry for the loss of your Dad.
Don't be a stranger to the board. If you've lurked for a couple of years you know the routine.
Enjoy another great season.

Reaction Score
Sorry for your loss Welcome Aboard I am a long time Lurker with rare posts always enjoy the info & bantering Go Uconn excited to see Butler Boykin play

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hey, like, welcome to the board or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom