New Steve Enosch mixtape | The Boneyard

New Steve Enosch mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Find it hard to believe (yeah I know it's a highlight video) he won't find a lot of minutes right away. We don't have one of him anywhere on our bench as we speak. Left hand is nice. goes to get rebounds with some passion and just knows where the basket is.

Reaction Score
Not once in the entire video *and there were dozens of these clips* did he put the ball on the floor before going up with it when he was around/within the restricted area when fed or with putbacks. Great instincts for using the space he can create for himself immediately upon receiving the ball.

Could be an absolute monster in a few years. And that's just re: the paint, not even mentioning his shooting.

Side note: love that guy at the end "IF HE AIN'T IN A UCONN UNIFORM, THERE'S GONNA BE A PROBLEM"

Reaction Score
I was impressed; the competition is pretty good. He has some giddyup; looks quick, and he has good hands. He is a quick leaper. I have no idea whether or not he can defend the post against a big body. I'm guessing that and fouls will be a problem. I think he could be decent offensively in the low post next year. I didn't see him passing except once, so that may be a problem. From what I've heard he is a hard worker and a quick learner.

I just hope this early opinion doesn't come back to bite me. Still if UConn can get the ball to him in the low post; he should do damage next year.

Reaction Score
Key is
I was impressed; the competition is pretty good. He has some giddyup; looks quick, and he has good hands. He is a quick leaper. I have no idea whether or not he can defend the post against a big body. I'm guessing that and fouls will be a problem. I think he could be decent offensively in the low post next year. I didn't see him passing except once, so that may be a problem. From what I've heard he is a hard worker and a quick learner.

I just hope this early opinion doesn't come back to bite me. Still if UConn can get the ball to him in the low post; he should do damage next year.

Yep good hands for sure. Hey zy, if he can pass a little we get better there. Agree, get him the ball and he can score it. What we have now, besides DHam, is a guy who can't pass/score and doesn't play defense. So all I can see is improvement.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Not once in the entire video *and there were dozens of these clips* did he put the ball on the floor before going up with it when he was around/within the restricted area when fed or with putbacks. Great instincts for using the space he can create for himself immediately upon receiving the ball.

This stuck out to me as well. He also looks skilled enough to be able to receive the ball down low and create for himself as well. We don't have that now with Brimah/Nolan/Facey. I don't expect him to be able to receive passes down low as a Freshman. But the skills and instincts are evident. Encouraging.

UChusky916

Reaction Score
Also, how AWFUL is the charge call at 4:32!? Dude was no where near set.

Reaction Score
I don't expect him to be able to receive passes down low as a Freshman. But the skills and instincts are evident. Encouraging.
Next year: DHam breaks in to the middle of the defense, puts on his spin move, the 5 steps to him, and Brimah is on one side and Enoch on the other.

I think he's ready to do some damage from the getgo

UChusky916

Reaction Score
Next year: DHam breaks in to the middle of the defense, puts on his spin move, the 5 steps to him, and Brimah is on one side and Enoch on the other.

I think he's ready to do some damage from the getgo

I'm sure he'll get plenty of OOPS. I was referring to more iso plays for him. He looks capable but probably not right off the bat. We don't have anyone that can iso down low.

Reaction Score
Showed a layup, dunk, rebound, and 12 foot shot. It's enough to give him a chance.

Reaction Score
He also seems to have a nice outside shot. Only question can he all these things against Div. 1 players but I guess that is always the question with freshmen.

Reaction Score
I'm sure he'll get plenty of OOPS. I was referring to more iso plays for him. He looks capable but probably not right off the bat. We don't have anyone that can iso down low.
I agree he's going to have to learn to battle with kids who are 21 years old, not high school kids

Reaction Score
He also seems to have a nice outside shot. Only question can he all these things against Div. 1 players but I guess that is always the question with freshmen.

Good news is he may be able to. Bad news is we need him to because no once can on the current roster.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
If this kid can't beat out the two stiffs, Facey and Nolan, for serious playing time, then Ollie needs to find another player.
It's not as though we have Karl Malone anchoring the spot. We have two guys playing that if they hit a jumper, we act like it is a miracle. They get a rebound and we think we won the lottery.

Reaction Score
He looks good active athletic multi dexterous he looks all of 6-9 easy as well. We got two really good players and were losing 1.

Reaction Score
Love his mobility and hands ,something I wasn't aware of. I can even see him play center if Stone doesn't come. He's got NBA potential.

Reaction Score
He won't be 18 until September 2015. The kid is still young and growing. Most his age are 2016 recruits.

Reaction Score
Love his mobility and hands ,something I wasn't aware of. I can even see him play center if Stone doesn't come. He's got NBA potential.

I think we have two REALLY good players. I think our frontcourt next year with Enosch
He won't be 18 until September 2015. The kid is still young and growing. Most his age are 2016 recruits.

He's got long arms--I wonder if he does grow and inch or two more and close in on being a 7 footer? He's got a big frame.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to dislike mixtapes, unless they are Div 1.

Reaction Score
He never brings the ball down, something most young bigs always have a problem with and something every UConn big has had a problem with.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
He's got a nice shooting stroke. Anyone know his wingspan? His arms look long.

Reaction Score
scrappy, let's take care of this before it goes on for too long. It's Enoch, not Enosch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom