New QB Target for 2015? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

New QB Target for 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
How about two more years of experience?

Look I wanted to see them win a conference championship last year. But its wasn't realaistic with vince lombardi coaching them.

So, again, I dont' really care if you don't buy in. The kids buy in.

Who said anything about conference championships?

I'm talking about losing at home, after being up at half to what was considered one of the worst teams in FBS.

So, again what are you basing this buy in off of? Inflated muscle mass gains? Quotes?

I base the buy in based on what I see on the field.

If you want to say I think they buy in, fine. You have a truth based on what you hope. Doesn't add up.

Reaction Score

I'm talking about losing at home, after being up at half to what was considered one of the worst teams in FBS.

So, again what are you basing this buy in off of? Inflated muscle mass gains? Quotes?

If you want to say I think they buy in, fine. You have a truth based on what you hope. Doesn't add up.

I've been biting my tongue trying not to point out the 2nd half of the season where it became apparent the players stopped responding to him, but since that would hurt people's feelings around here, I won't bring it up.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I've been biting my tongue trying not to point out the 2nd half of the season where it became apparent the players stopped responding to him, but since that would hurt people's feelings around here, I won't bring it up.

I honestly thought we turned a corner at ECU with that hard fought loss and then we did beat UCF in an East Hartford special.

The last 4 games were about as pathetic as it gets.

Reaction Score
I honestly thought we turned a corner at ECU with that hard fought loss and then we did beat UCF in an East Hartford special.

The last 4 games were about as pathetic as it gets.

We also showed life against Boise.

Reaction Score

To me there are two things to this. The kids have bought in, based on what we hear off the field, the team overall I don't think was talented or consistent enough to win ball games in the fourth quarter. When a team buys in and is physically capable of winning you will see results. It was year 1 of a rebuild. Depleted and very young roster. Many got their first playing time at the college level. Hard not to expect better things in the coming season. Guys are bigger, they have had one full year to understand the coaches teachings and playbooks. It's ok if you don't buy in or you don't think the team has, but I believe they have.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Again, its not about biter douch$bags on the internet buying in.

Do the kids buy in?

Reaction Score
Again, its not about biter douch$bags on the internet buying in.

Do the kids buy in?

Yes it doesn't matter if we buy in as long as the kids do. Thanks genius.

Maybe you were on the beach drinking piña coladas while we were sitting in the stands watching that debacle against SMU. Maybe it's the second half of the season and watching body language that has people like me concerned about the kids buying in. While you, Bnich and the others want to rely on player quotes (LOL) and other fantasies, I rely on actual evidence.

But carry on.

Reaction Score
Actually Jimmy that's your perception of something you see, it doesn't make it a fact unless you subscribe to the opinion that if you believe something it must be true. Could their body language be a sign of not buying in, sure. It could just as likely be the cold weather, an end to an extremely long season, maybe it's no one showing up for them, or constantly hearing how bad they are from DB fans who couldn't run a 40 without going into cardiac arrest, etc etc you don't know, no one does, perception blinded by anger is seldom reality.

Reaction Score
Actually Jimmy that's your perception of something you see, it doesn't make it a fact unless you subscribe to the opinion that if you believe something it must be true. Could their body language be a sign of not buying in, sure. It could just as likely be the cold weather, an end to an extremely long season, maybe it's no one showing up for them, or constantly hearing how bad they are from DB fans who couldn't run a 40 without going into cardiac arrest, etc etc you don't know, no one does, perception blinded by anger is seldom reality.

I never said it was a fact. Yes it's my opinion. I have evidence to support my opinion.

Others have fantasies and blind faith.

Could I be wrong? Entirely possible. Last time I checked this was an Internet message board where opinions are (sometimes) welcome.

It just gets tiring being called out by you guys because you're entire argument is based on nothing other your blind faith. Great. All the power to you. Just don't discuss it with me if that's all you're going to bring to the table. If you don't like to read my opinion the simple solution is to put me on ignore. I'll still sleep at night.

Reaction Score
I never said it was a fact. Yes it's my opinion. I have evidence to support my opinion.

Could I be wrong? Entirely possible. Last time I checked this was an Internet message board where opinions are (sometimes) welcome.

It just gets tiring being called out by you guys because you're entire argument is based on nothing other your blind faith. Great. All the power to you. Just don't discuss it with me if that's all you're going to bring to the table. If you don't like to read my opinion the simple solution is to put me on ignore. I'll still sleep at night.

It's ironic that someone who has quit on the team calls the team out for quitting on their coach. I'm sure Chandler quit on the coach when he threw the goal line int vs Army and I'm quite sure the team quit trying vs SMU, hence the loss.

Why don't you let people who like to have a hopeful outlook for the future of UConn be and maybe they'll let you live in your gloom and doom. The 3 month hiatus I took from the BY showed me how foolish I looked trying to change people's opinion in regards to the future of UConn football. Give it a try and you'll see what I mean.

When things do get better, and they will, don't get defensive when someone points out how you quit on the coaching staff and the team.

I'll take a blind faith group of fans over cynical and contrarian group 7 days a week and twice on Saturday. So much more fun that way.

Reaction Score
, or constantly hearing how bad they are from DB fans who couldn't run a 40 without going into cardiac arrest, etc etc you don't know, no one does, perception blinded by anger is seldom reality.

The players would have logged on here to find out what people think, and became distraught?

Or

The head coach repeatedly called them a bad team in the media and they became distraught.

One perception is far more plausible than the other.

Reaction Score
It's ironic that someone who has quit on the team calls the team out for quitting on their coach. I'm sure Chandler quit on the coach when he threw the goal line int vs Army and I'm quite sure the team quit trying vs SMU, hence the loss.

Why don't you let people who like to have a hopeful outlook for the future of UConn be and maybe they'll let you live in your gloom and doom. The 3 month hiatus I took from the BY showed me how foolish I looked trying to change people's opinion in regards to the future of UConn football. Give it a try and you'll see what I mean.

When things do get better, and they will, don't get defensive when someone points out how you quit on the coaching staff and the team.

I'll take a blind faith group of fans over cynical and contrarian group 7 days a week and twice on Saturday. So much more fun that way.

Sounds like you need another break. Hard to believe this is the same guy who was so miserable and launched personal and nasty attacks against P.

Not that I seek or need validation from you, Waquoit, or any others, but I'll be at every game I can. Going through some personal stuff that makes the $1k plus per year commitment impossible.

Where was your blind faith 3 years ago?

Reaction Score

Right I didn't use the term actual evidence because actual evidence and facts are two completely different things. Got it. We acknowledge the situation man really we do, but we choose to believe it will get better instead of dwelling on the obvious that was the past, they have a lot to prove and I'm willing to believe they will. If they don't I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

And yes this is a message board, so when you express your opinions expect that there will be an opposing view, and if you don't want to hear it feel free to stop expressing your tired routine on a never ending loop. I wasn't aware that you were the only one afforded the opportunity to express their opinions unchallenged.

Reaction Score
If you are comparing the current team's situation with the PPGDL era, I'm not sure what to say. So I won't. I know what you're going through, been there done that, and it sucks. Look into the top of the Rent seats for about$120 for the season. Works for me.

Reaction Score
Right I didn't use the term actual evidence because actual evidence and facts are two completely different things. Got it. We acknowledge the situation man really we do, but we choose to believe it will get better instead of dwelling on the obvious that was the past, they have a lot to prove and I'm willing to believe they will. If they don't I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

And yes this is a message board, so when you express your opinions expect that there will be an opposing view, and if you don't want to hear it feel free to stop expressing your tired routine on a never ending loop. I wasn't aware that you were the only one afforded the opportunity to express their opinions unchallenged.

I'm on way to XL, so this will be it for a while. You're free to express your opinions. If I disagree with someone's opinion, I'll generally state my reasons.

We are all hopeful. I hope to God I'm wrong about Diaco. One can be skeptical while remaining hopeful. I don't know why this concept is so hard for you guys to grasp.

Also, if you're sick of hearing my opinion "on and endless loop", then stop calling me and others out. 90% of this stuff is because people keep dredging things up from the past. You did it yesterday. So did super twitter stalker Bnich. Just let it go. And I promise you won't hear from me as much.

I let a lot of stupidity go by here without commenting. But when you pick a fight, don't feign outrage when you get it.

Reaction Score
Sometimes I wonder what planet some people are on. Just by accident we should have enough talent to beat SMU and Army. The team quit against South Florida including the head coach. I hope I'm wrong, too but I think this could be a year where people are wishing Pasquoloni and DeLeone were back. I think 0-12 is absolutely a possibility with no more than 1-2 wins even in the possible category. If we lose to both Villanova and Army, it will be nearly impossible to better last year's mark. Then I'd guess Diaco gets one more shot, but that's it.

Reaction Score
I think we all agree that the 2015 season will be all about results.
We have to beat Villanova & Army in those 1st 4 games. BYU & MO we all know will be losses. But, Diaco has to figure a way to win at least 3 more (preferably 4 more) to keep his job into 2016.

Reaction Score
I'm on way to XL, so this will be it for a while. You're free to express your opinions. If I disagree with someone's opinion, I'll generally state my reasons.

We are all hopeful. I hope to God I'm wrong about Diaco. One can be skeptical while remaining hopeful. I don't know why this concept is so hard for you guys to grasp.

Also, if you're sick of hearing my opinion "on and endless loop", then stop calling me and others out. 90% of this stuff is because people keep dredging things up from the past. You did it yesterday. So did super twitter stalker Bnich. Just let it go. And I promise you won't hear from me as much.

I let a lot of stupidity go by here without commenting. But when you pick a fight, don't feign outrage when you get it.

Have fun at the game, lord knows you need it.
But to be clear, was it my dumba$$ opinion that was posted first or...I brought nothing up, I responded to yet another whine and cheese session, so if you don't want to hear it really it has to come from your side take a break calm down or man up and abandon the team that isn't living up to your high standards like you said you were doing, or did the free hat bring you back? you deserve to be called out, the act has grown tiresome stop posting the constant sky is falling crap or deal with the responses. Many of us pollyannas are skeptical as well but choose to hang on the hope that it can't stay this way forever and move on, you just refuse to see any side other than your own and dwell on the negative. I can dislike a situation and not dwell on it after the fact to the point that it makes me and those around me miserable pr!cks. Just saying.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This board needs a subforum where all these pissing match posts between the same dozen or so posters automatically get sorted. IT'S THE EXACT SAME THREAD OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER

Reaction Score
The irony is these threads all turn into one group complaining about another group's complaints. The ignore feature is obviously underused.

Reaction Score
This board needs a subforum where all these pissing match posts between the same dozen or so posters automatically get sorted. IT'S THE EXACT SAME THREAD OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER
AND ... over.

Reaction Score
The ignore feature is obviously underused.

Wing - the downside of the ignore feature is that not all things folks have to say on other topics make them fall into the ignore them all the time category. For me, that is deserving of only a choice few people because they NEVER have a post of value/insight or are clear external trolls just looking to incite.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Wing - the downside of the ignore feature is that not all things folks have to say on other topics make them fall into the ignore them all the time category. For me, that is deserving of only a choice few people because they NEVER have a post of value/insight or are clear external trolls just looking to incite.
Was about to say the same!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Now - back to your regularly programmed schedule...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom