New Jonathan costume | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Jonathan costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Love Pres. Herbst, love the new logo...hate the costume. It's just a costume, though.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
When they switched logos they said they would stay with the old mascot because kids liked him so much. Sorry they didn't stick to that.
Like the challenge and think our President is looking good,

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Reminds me of the end of the Red Wedding episode. If that's what they went, adding the grey highlights to the old Jonathan style head would have been better. Will need to get used to it, but the photos make the head look out of proportion against what looks like the old bodysuit.

Reaction Score
Susan reminds me of Peggy Bundy from Married with children with the hair and all

Reaction Score
in my only appearance at gampel i was at 1 point during the game near a concession stand at about the midpoint of the bowl when the husky mascot apparently was feeling lonely & came up to me and gave me a big husky hug

i said to her "go easy there as my wife looked on"

the costumed husky was most assuredly a "she" as she kept pushing very sizeable melons into me-i probably should have said thanx but for the 1st time i was somewhat tongue tied
This post is everything.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Susan reminds me of Peggy Bundy from Married with children with the hair and all

I think more of a Counselor Troi vibe. It would explain the strange devotion from certain corners of the BY.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I would bet other university administrator sdoing the challenge is likewise using it to promote their school's research profile. I don't have a problem with the original intent of the challenge, I think it fulfilled it's job to raise awareness. Now that part has reached saturation somewhat, but I hope it can somehow translate to sustained support for neuroscience research. (Which is obviously a huge undertaking that will take years /decades)

They're still raking in cash apparently. Still doing it's job.

Reaction Score
Ohhhh, you'd all love to see some of the various pics I have of the 1996-1998 version of the Jonathan costume. He he he.

Reaction Score
lol what can I say? it's bad looking.

they could've at least kept the mouth closed, the way they have it now all I can think of when I look at it is "DURRRRRR"

Reaction Score
I think the costume is fine. Wish it was white to preserve tradition, but whatever. Much more worried about the A on our uniforms than the suit on on our mascot.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
As a few others have said, it looks somewhat like the new logo. I'm not sure what anyone else expected - no mascots look identical to their logos, and some have zero to do with them (the Stanford tree)...

Reaction Score
How is chaps coherent response not garnering more attention? Easily the biggest news since the JA commitment.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
WTF!?!?! everything makes sense!!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL CHAP!?!?!?!?

It was slightly disturbing though... Does that help?

Reaction Score
lol what can I say? it's bad looking.

they could've at least kept the mouth closed, the way they have it now all I can think of when I look at it is "DURRRRRR"
Since the logo supposedly looks "scary", they had to make the costume look "friendly".

Whatever this mascot is smoking, pass me some!

Reaction Score
people will hate that this is even a topic but here you go.

BvWJoMBIIAAxz39.png:large

Full video here
Prez Herbst. Would you hit that? And if so, how many beers would it take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom