New ESPN 100 Rankings Out | The Boneyard

New ESPN 100 Rankings Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/order/true

1) AG - I'm not one of the conspiracy theorists, but AG dropped a few spots in the rankings. It's just interesting to me that our last 2 stud commits (DHam and AG) both dropped several spots when the rankings that immediately followed their commitments came out.
2) WG - jumped up to 5* and #23 (5 spots ahead of AG). Don't think anyone's shocked about the huge jump
3) Vance Jackson - dropped a bit to #51. Haven't followed his season too terribley much, so not sure if the drop is justified, but his skillset is still welcomed at UConn in my book
4) MD - jumped up a few spots to #90. Good on him
5) MP - stays about the same at #76
6) MK - comes in at #32 which is my favorite number, soooo in my book that pretty much guarantees that he's coming here

We all know rankings aren't everything, but for all of the grief we take because of the AAC, I'm once again reminded how lucky we are to have KO and to be in on so many top kids.

Reaction Score
AG fell victim of the UConn tax. If he had committed to Louisville or UK, he would have been bumped up a few spots. No biggie.

Reaction Score
AG fell victim of the UConn tax. If he had committed to Louisville or UK, he would have been bumped up a few spots. No biggie.

Don't undervalue this tax. It is something we should be very thankful for. It helps our new Huskies come in extra hungry. That can make a difference in a NC game, you know.

Reaction Score
As of the latest rankings we have more 5 Star recruits than Kentucky, UNC, and Kansas put together

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Interesting to see Bruce Brown at 30 and Jaylen Fisher at 34. I know Fisher is probably out because of AG and Brown is a backup option to HD, but if we can lock him up...I think I take him. I'd want Diallo too. Would having BB hurt HD's recruitment that much?

Reaction Score
Interesting to see Bruce Brown at 30 and Jaylen Fisher at 34. I know Fisher is probably out because of AG and Brown is a backup option to HD, but if we can lock him up...I think I take him. I'd want Diallo too. Would having BB hurt HD's recruitment that much?
Fisher is down to 6 (no UConn) and we haven't been linked to Brown in ages. Neither are coming to UConn.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Thanks for the update TCF. I know neither are coming...was just interested to see them that high. I do think brown would be a good fit for us, but would prefer HD

Reaction Score
Are we talking to Tony Bradley at all? He seemed to jump up a ton of spots and we are listed as one of the teams recruiting him, however ESPN tends to be very behind or off on the actual schools who are and aren't recruiting players.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Evan Daniels and Scout do a good job? While Diarra is rising on every other site, he plummeted from 130's to 180 range in their new rankings

Reaction Score
Jalen rose through the rankings, Diarra is rising. Seems like some only like to use evidence when it fits their claim.
Yes, we should all do cartwheels that Diarra is now ranked 90th. Seems like some want to ignore the truth that the majority of times, UConn recruits drop after a verbal. There are about 20 things we could bring up to fit our claim.

Reaction Score
Yes, we should all do cartwheels that Diarra is now ranked 90th. Seems like some want to ignore the truth that the majority of times, UConn recruits drop after a verbal. There are about 20 things we could bring up to fit our claim.

Stay ignorant of the facts, all good with me. You claim Gilbert would have gotten a bump if he went to 'Ville, when in fact, their own 5* prospect (VJ King) has been slotted down. Every single fanbase thinks that the recruiting guys hate them (save for UK and Duke, because they likely do receive a bump). Go check out Syracuse fans crying about how ESPN hates them after their two recruits have dropped in the rankings. Sounds remarkably similar to you and co.

Reaction Score
Stay ignorant of the facts, all good with me. You claim Gilbert would have gotten a bump if he went to 'Ville, when in fact, their own 5* prospect (VJ King) has been slotted down. Every single fanbase thinks that the recruiting guys hate them (save for UK and Duke, because they likely do receive a bump).

Try using a larger sample set and I will look past the judgement of ignorance.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Confirmation bias at work.
Plus it doesn't really matter.... dropping someone 100 spots in the rankings doesn't change how good they are. If they're already committed, it means the staff likes them, they like us, and everyone else can go pound sand.

Reaction Score
Try using a larger sample set and I will look past the judgement of ignorance.

A larger sample set like "There are about 20 things we could bring up . . . "?

I call bull****. List them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69