New broadcast voice | The Boneyard

New broadcast voice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nothing against Andrew Catalon, who seemed a pleasant, if bland play-by-play voice. But I really came to like Eric Frede when he was subbing for Picozzi a couple of seasons ago, and am happy to hear that he is to be the voice of UConn women's basketball this year. Maybe I liked him only because he was not Picozzi. Time will tell. But he seemed to be not only a pleasant voice, but someone who did his homework and called the game closely.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I like Eric as well. I am looking forward to having him back.

Reaction Score
I also liked the "Big Girl" doing the color on the radio. She would be an addition to the game play by play instead of the half time report.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Sadly, I do not agree about Big Girl. I much prefer Kerith Burke's style on SNY. She is no nonsense, asks a straight questions, and never gushes. Kara W. grates on me, I'm afraid. Now if we could get Kara Lawson, who is an excellent broadcaster, that would be a different story. But she is already a WBB and even an NBA tv star on a national broadcasting level.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sadly, I do not agree about Big Girl. I much prefer Kerith Burke's style on SNY. She is no nonsense, asks a straight questions, and never gushes. Kara W. grates on me, I'm afraid. Now if we could get Kara Lawson, who is an excellent broadcaster, that would be a different story. But she is already a WBB and even an NBA tv star on a national broadcasting level.
Never thought of Kara W. as gushing. I consider her very insightful compared to most. Of course Kara Lawson is exceptional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom