New 2015 Commit - Zordan Holman TE/DE from Portland ME | The Boneyard

New 2015 Commit - Zordan Holman TE/DE from Portland ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
desmondconner 8:55pm via Twitter for iPhone
Can tell you Zordan Holman, TE from Maine who just committed to#UConnFootball can make a difference in #Storrs before he's done...

desmondconner 8:56pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConnFootball commit Zordan Holman was Dlineman of the year in#Maine this past season but coming to#UConn to play TE...

6-6 230lb from Cheverus High School in Portland, ME. Held offer from University of Maine

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/870580/zordan-holman

https://app.nsr-inc.com/prospectResume/pProspectResume.aspx?id=188151

World Champion in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu last year as well

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can tell you Zordan Holman, TE from Maine who just committed to#UConnFootball can make a difference in #Storrs before he's done...

#UConnFootball commit Zordan Holman was Dlineman of the year in#Maine this past season but coming to#UConn to play TE...

6-6 230lb from Cheverus High School in Portland, ME

He is a three sport athlete who also is a world champion in Martial arts. Zordan won the 2013 World Jiu-Jitsu championship this summer. He has also won grappling championships and is a brown belt in Karate. His first passion however is football.. Zordan also was class president and maintains a 3.5 GPA in the classroom.

wow-Awesome. I love the talent Diaco is bringing to this new team!

Reaction Score
Also, a 3.5 GPA, class president, immigrant, "... the hardest working kid ... never gives up", and active in other sports, including hoops, track, mixed martial arts, karate, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and was reportedly "2013 World JIU-JITSU Heavyweight World Champion".

"Zordan is an absolutely amazing young man. His family came over from Croatia when he was young and he has developed into an absolute talent. He is a three sport athlete who also is a world champion in Martial arts. Zordan won the 2013 World Jiu-Jitsu championship this summer. He has also won grappling championships and is a brown belt in Karate. His first passion however is football. You can't really grasp his talent until you see him play. Teams avoid him on defense and he is under utilized on offense, however you can see his potential every play. His background has taught him to be the hardest working kid out there and to never give up. His size alone lets gives him an advantage but his effort maximizes it. Zordan also was class president and maintains a 3.5 GPA in the classroom. He would be a huge asset for any team."

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I've probably told this story before but I had a buddy in college who was a World-class Jiu-Jitsu champion. I've never seen such a freakish athlete with such a strong work ethic and equally freakish intellect. I watched the kid kick a 10' rim in Gampel from the standing position (he was 6' 1", maybe). He commuted and paid most of his own way through school. Last I heard he became a surgeon.

I can't wait to see what Zordan, at 6' 6" is capable of. Almost want to see him at DE over TE.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
portland-press-herald_3763030.jpg

The kid's a winner. No, a Champion.

Need that in this program right now.

http://www.pressherald.com/2013/06/03/portland-teen-making-mark-in-jiu-jitsu_2013-06-03/

Reaction Score
desmondconner 9:18pm via Twitter Web Client
UConn Football: Maine Tight End Commits fw.to/IkoMLnb

>>For Holman, it was simply time to make the call.“I’ve thought about it a long time. I’m excited. I’m proud to be a Husky. I mean I really liked the coaches. They seemed like my type of guys and it just seems like it’s the right fit for Zordan Holman,” he said by phone Friday night.<<

>>“I’m going to show up to work every day,” he said. “I’m going to take care of business during practice and on gamedays. I’m just going to gear everything toward being the best I can be to make the team better.”<<

kMuRpHy54 9:30pm via Twitter for iPhone
Hugggge s/o to my new bro @ZordyHolman90 ! Welcome to the family bro! Great choice. cant wait to ball together soon. #huskyup#bleedblue

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He looks totally out of place on the early hudl film but regardless of the competition it's obvious he is very quick for his size and is a good athlete. Oh yeah and a guy who sets pretty high goals. Love this addition.

Reaction Score
He is a three sport athlete who also is a world champion in Martial arts. Zordan won the 2013 World Jiu-Jitsu championship this summer. He has also won grappling championships and is a brown belt in Karate. His first passion however is football.. Zordan also was class president and maintains a 3.5 GPA in the classroom.

wow-Awesome. I love the talent Diaco is bringing to this new team!

Slacker

Reaction Score
I consider myself in decent shape and took martial arts for a few months and he a really tough instructor. Had me walking across the dojo on my fingertips. In addition to all the other trainingninwas doing left full of sweat and exhausted. Jiu jitsu is the Brazilian form specialized in giving smaller individuals advantages against larger oppenents. It also has very good ground fighting tactics. This kid will be a menace on the line no doubts. Welcome to uconn

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Nice pick up. Welcome to UCONN Zordan!

Reaction Score
I see him, I think Kendall Reyes. Big frame. Could put on a lot of muscle.
Rather see him as DE.

Reaction Score

6-6 230lb from Cheverus High School in Portland, ME. Held offer from University of Maine

World Champion in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu last year as well
Diaco's kind of player. Big and smart + Bruce Leeish! WOW. I don't care how many stars this kid has, great find.

Reaction Score
Love his size. Huge target as a receiver. If Coach D. elects to play him on D-Line, could be a great pass rusher & could see him swatting down more than a few passes that are thrown in his direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom