New 2015 Commit - WR/FS Frank Battle | The Boneyard

New 2015 Commit - WR/FS Frank Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Apparently had Syracuse offer. Found this on another board.

MIAMI-DADE SUMMER TOP 50 FOR 2015
38. Frank Battle, WR, 6-6, 180, Miami Belen Jesuit: Having height and athletic ability may not equate to being a great receiver, but having watched this impressive football talent the past six months, you have to be impressed at what he will be like when he adds weight and gets stronger. Has off the charts athletic ability.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssp...-of-2015-pre-summer-top-50.html#storylink=cpy

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Diaco is doing something, for sure, without a doubt that I like. In a year or two, there will be no way that anyone can look the UCONN football team, and say that we are small.

Can't teach height, and these tall kids will only get stronger and fill out in Balis' strength/conditioning program. Have to believe some of these guys can end up at LB, S, CB, WR. I have never seen the size and type of athletes this class is currently composed of on a Uconn roster before. Good stuff!

Reaction Score
desmondconner 8:30pm via Twitter Web Client
#UConnFootball lands Frank Battle, a 6-5, 1801b receiver from Miami, had offers from #Syracuse, #Buffalo, #Ohio and #AirForce...

kMuRpHy54 8:30pm via Twitter for iPhone
Congrats to my bro @FranktheBatty for committing to Uconn!!Welcome to the fam bro. We gonna turn it up up there. #huskyup #bleedblue #squad

desmondconner 8:57pm via Twitter for iPhone
#uconnfootball QB commit Tyler Davis strikes once again in helping in the process. New commit Frank Battle said he heard from @Tyler_Davis9

JohnFSilver 9:07pm via WordPress.com
Commit No. 14: WR Frank Battle, (Miami, Fla.) on.sny.tv/1A32RYg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love the height Bobby D is stocking the shelves with!!! P must have had an unofficial policy to recruit players no taller than he is.... What a numbskull.....

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm going to guess that with his ht/wt combo he's a late bloomer in football and probably hasn't been in the scouts' eyes for the past two seasons.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Welcome aboard Frank Battle. Love the height at wr between him and McClean.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Awesome get! Love me those WRs with size!

The Huskies got a commitment from Frank Battle, a 6 foot 5, 180-pound wide receiver from Miami. He had offers from Syracuse, Buffalo, Ohio and Air Force. "I talked to a couple of kids who went to my school [and worked at summer camp at the high school] that went there," Battle said by phone. "They told me a lot about UConn, told me about the campus that I would enjoy going to school going there. I talked to Tyler [UConn QB commit Tyler Davis from Long Island]. He pretty much told me … he was persuading me to come."

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I love that he plays basketball as well. To me it implies athleticism and more important, good hands. I've said it before and will say it again, I love dual sport athletes. I love lineman that also wrestle and will now add receivers that play hoops, run track or both.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I love that he plays basketball as well. To me it implies athleticism and more important, good hands. I've said it before and will say it again, I love dual sport athletes. I love lineman that also wrestle and will now add receivers that play hoops, run track or both.

Implying that playing basketball gives you good hands would normally be safe. But..........go visit the basketball board in January and read threads about our bigs and their hands. You might come to a different conclusion.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Implying that playing basketball gives you good hands would normally be safe. But.....go visit the basketball board in January and read threads about our bigs and their hands. You might come to a different conclusion.
Good point. I guess I made the leap that a receiver that plays basketball must have developed good hands at some point.
Are you suggesting that this site might say negative things about our own plyers. Say it isn't so. Good thing we have no Roberto "Hands of Stone" Duran type players on this year's team.;)

Reaction Score
Gotta be impressed with our ability to recruit when we land a kid like this after a 25 point loss. Funny that the kid saw the silver lining that many on this board missed. The offense moved the ball and will only improve with time and reps.

Reaction Score
This our first get from Fl. And from the Miami-Dade area which is a super hotbed in football. AND he has a 4.2 GPA. Keep it up Bobby D.:)

Reaction Score
And thanks to Kevin Murphy for being one of our best recruiters!:) :)

Reaction Score
And thanks to Kevin Murphy for being one of our best recruiters!:) :)

Tyler Davis has been lauded as the guy that really put on the full court press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom