New 2015 Commit ~ Michael Tarbutt P/K (NY) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New 2015 Commit ~ Michael Tarbutt P/K (NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The ball wasn't carrying well Saturday but gosh his kickoffs were having trouble getting past the 20 yd line.

Reaction Score
jdb50 said:
The ball wasn't carrying well Saturday but gosh his kickoffs were having trouble getting past the 20 yd line.

Yep. Even if he doesn't win the pk job, if Tarbut can get the kickoffs deeper than Puyol, he should not be redshirted.

Reaction Score
Yep. Even if he doesn't win the pk job, if Tarbut can get the kickoffs deeper than Puyol, he should not be redshirted.

I was thinking the same thing. I'd really like to see some more touchbacks and some balls kicked on the one to force a return.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller3:30pm via TweetDeck
#UConn commit Michael Tarbutt named second-team All-American by @USATODAYsports runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/12/uconn-…

Selected by USA TODAY Sports’ Jim Halley in consultation with high school coaches and recruiting analysts.

2014 American Family Insurance ALL-USA Football Second Team
(Selected by USA TODAY Sports’ Jim Halley in consultation with high school coaches and recruiting analysts.)

OFFENSE

Tate Martell* | QB | 5-11, 180 | Bishop Gorman, Las Vegas | Washington
Ben DiNucci | QB | 6-3, 198 | Pine-Richland, Gibsonia, Pa. | Penn
Christian Kirk | WR | 5-10, 191 | Saguaro, Scottsdale, Ariz. | Texas A&M
Deon Cain | WR | 6-2, 190 | Tampa Bay Tech, Tampa | Clemson
George Campbell | WR | 6-3, 184 | East Lake, Tarpon Springs, Fla. | Florida State
Tommy Kraemer | OL | 6-5, 305 | Elder, Cincinnati | Notre Dame
Greg Little | OL | 6-6, 282 | Allen, Texas | Texas A&M
Chuma Edoga | OL | 6-3, 276 | McEachern, Powder Springs, Ga. | Southern Cal
Ke’Shawn Vaughn | RB | 5-11, 205 | Pearl-Cohn, Nashville, Tenn. | Undecided
Jacques Patrick | RB | 6-2, 230 | Timber Creek, Orlando | Florida State
Sihiem King | RB | 5-9, 172 | Colquitt County, Moultrie, Ga. | Undecided
Michael Tarbutt | K-P | 5-11, 180 | Canisius, Buffalo | Connecticut

First team kicker is state record holder from CA and undecided.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Gotta like the confidence...:)

tarbutt111:16pm via Twitter Web Client
All these bowl games are making me too excited for next year. I guarantee you will see a huge turn around @ UConn and a bowl game appearance

It's rare that you see people get excited about the incoming kicker, but this kid has me excited... :cool:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
His tweets last night were awesome. Talking about FSU's edge in special teams, disliking FSU not shaking hands after their loss, and now this gem. He's got a confidence about him that comes across through Twitter (I know, it's just a bunch of tweets). I really think he's going to push Puyol to the sidelines and take over kicking duties at some point next season, even if it's just kicking kickoffs.

Reaction Score

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Like his moxie...

tarbutt1111:40pm via Twitter Web Client
Its a damn hard GRIND but DAMN is it ever worth it

tarbutt1111:46pm via Twitter Web Client
Because next year there isn't going to be a competition. I'm going with the mentality that it is MY job

tarbutt1111:56pm via Twitter Web Client
And to all the people that think I'm going to red-shirt, when I take my steps back to do the opening kickoff vs. Villanova, watch what I do

I wonder if Puyol is following him...might make for some entertaining fireworks.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Yet another reason why these recruiting sites are such crap. The PK
on the 2nd team All American is not even ranked. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I wonder if Puyol is following him...might make for some entertaining fireworks.

Puyol is a very spiritual kid. He tweets a lot about religion and faith. I, too, am interested to see how the two will get along. I'm sure they'll be fine. To be a successful kicker, you need confidence and a short memory when you miss. Turbutt seems to possess the type of personality that bodes well for kickers.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Puyol is a very spiritual kid. He tweets a lot about religion and faith. I, too, am interested to see how the two will get along. I'm sure they'll be fine. To be a successful kicker, you need confidence and a short memory when you miss. Turbutt seems to possess the type of personality that bodes well for kickers.

But he wasnt allowed to bring 'JC' into the huddle and thats why he missed a few - when you have the Lord with you everything is possible but when Susan kicked him out of our huddles that hurt our ability to make every kick...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Like his moxie...

tarbutt1111:40pm via Twitter Web Client
Its a damn hard GRIND but DAMN is it ever worth it

tarbutt1111:46pm via Twitter Web Client
Because next year there isn't going to be a competition. I'm going with the mentality that it is MY job

tarbutt1111:56pm via Twitter Web Client
And to all the people that think I'm going to red-shirt, when I take my steps back to do the opening kickoff vs. Villanova, watch what I do

Well I can see how he ended up with Diaco. No shortage of talk before any results.

Reaction Score
It remains to be seen, but this kid sounds like he may possess captain-like leadership qualities. Desi Cullen was the last kicker/punter I can remember with that kind of swagger.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I didn't call Diaco a failure.

You are a very mediocre troll.

Read through your posts from this past season and tell me that there's evidence you think otherwise.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Read through your posts from this past season and tell me that there's evidence you think otherwise.

I'd say all the posts where I clearly state he may still end up being successful.

Do I think there is a lower probability of it turning out well than I did 12 months ago? I'd say anyone who doesn't agree with that sentiment is either delusional or lying.

He did an awful job in 2014 in so many ways. Hopefully he's a quick learner.

Reaction Score
Being a kicker requires Brass Balls. If the kid can kick the ball in high school he can lick it in college as long as he is mentally tough. I suspect he'll be good. It's like fouling Larry Bird with the game on the line and you see Larry smile for the first time all game. He knows he ain't missing the free throws. Kickers with that confidence are golden.

Reaction Score
tarbutt11 11:57am via Twitter for BlackBerry
Something special about this place #Home

B8DLWXUIEAEDYx5.jpg

Reaction Score
tarbutt1110:40am via Twitter for BlackBerry
Amazing weeked at UCONN! So excited for next season and a new beginning! Time to go home and put in the work to earn a starting job #UCONN

This guy sounds great...what a positive attitude and realistic too. Knows it will take hard work to get to where he wants to and doesn't seem caught up in the recruiting drama either. Welcome aboard Michael!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom